[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can white people be oppressed in America too?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Can white people be oppressed in America too?
>>
These white people will never know true oppression
Black people living today in america on the other hand know how hard it was living in slavery 200 years ago
>>
>>39035533

Well obviously. Just witness the events of the last 24 hours.

Whether that's a bad thing probably depends on who you are.
>>
>>39035533
Anyone can be oppressed. But for a lot of people it's just them crying over silly things like how they can get fired from a job for expressing their opinions.
>>
They dont view society through the lens of oppressor-oppressed relationships. They're concerned with institutions and threats to those institutions.

If you're not a leftist, the concept of oppression isn't really relevant to your worldview.
>>
File: 1500269522298.jpg (51KB, 720x811px) Image search: [Google]
1500269522298.jpg
51KB, 720x811px
>>39035592
>getting fired over expressing opinions
>people that express opinions that are not yours are not fired
>silly things
>>
>>39035592
It should be illegal to be fired over anything that happens off the clock. There is absolutely NO reason an employer should ask me for my facebook and shit.
>>
>>39035686
What happens if you start shit online, people find where you work and they start fucking with the building and the people who work there. No manager is just gonna sit there and let that happen. They are gonna root out the source of the problem and remove it. They aren't being assholes. When you have a job, you are no longer just representing yourself, you are representing the people you work with and the business you work at. Everyone has heard this speech before. Guess it's a forgettable one.
>>
>>39035793
Call the cops. When I am on the clock and being paid I AM representing the company which is why I'm on my best behavior. When I am off the clock I am representing myself. If you want me to always think about the company pay me to always think about the company.
>>
>>39035533
Like it or not, reality is way more race-based then you think.

The natives failed or were too shocked (90% of them died to disease) to act on this

Can't let this repeat
>>
>>39035533

Shame is just as powerful a force.
>>
>>39035822
Nope, you gotta represent your company through and through. If you work service and people recognize your face cause you posted a funny meme insulting black people. What happens? The customers call you out, you start arguing, the manager gets involved, they get a discount or something that means the place gets less money and the manager makes less money. All because you started shit on twitter. No manager is gonna let that slide. No place of business wants shit like that. And before you say, "well not a lot of people saw it, so it won't happen again." the manager doesn't give a shit. You are representing the company poorly and giving it a bad name. Don't be surprised when Johnny "meme master" bekowsky gets fired.
>>
People don't have to be oppressed to want to make things better for their community.
>>
>>39035976
>>39035793

Right, stop being a human with a voice and be a face for a company because if you don't have a job in this world you're not going to be able to sustain yourself and might as well be a hobo.
>>
>>39035976
>they get a discount or something

Have some fucking back bone and tell them to fuck off. They are they ones causing problems.
>>
>>39035822
not how it works kiddo
>>
>>39035533
if a handful of super sjws saying mean things counts as oppression then yes
>>
>>39036001
Yea basically. Not saying its a good thing, but its the reality of the world we live in. Anyone anywhere can see the shit you do online and out in public. Gotta adjust to those conditions.
>>
>>39036001

This is the same kind of stuff that gives companies so much power as to discriminate against hiring people just because they don't have more than a years experience working a dinky cashier, or, better yet, working for some progressive company like whole foods where you have to wait a month, endure a cross examination, and recite as sincerely as possible the company ethos just to prove you're so worthy as to work there.
>>
>>39035686
It happened on the clock you fucking idiot. He sent the manifesto through a google workplace forum
>>
>>39036020
What about being systematically humiliated and emasculated? Isn't that oppression?
>>
>>39036020
This. These reactionaries think that everyone who is to the left of them is a tumblrina that complains about manspreading and shit.

Tumblr is a bunch of edgy teenagers who like to take radical social views and turn them up to 11 because they're edgelords or they just like to troll alt righters.
>>
>>39036119
Online shit is really fucking iffy cause in reality you can easily avoid this "oppression." If people come up to and start harassing you cause of factors you have no ability to control, you can call oppression on that. No one deserves to be called out and humiliated cause of what they can't control. Their actions, can be called out.
>>
>>39036198
Bullshit. It comes into reality and it is oppression. Affirmative action and racial quotas are also oppression.
>>
>>39036198

What is online is a reflection of opinions, attitudes, and sentiments offline. White masculinity is made to be a subject of mockery, is it not?
>>
File: IMG_4224.png (104KB, 297x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4224.png
104KB, 297x314px
>>39035533

America is going down the drain, i swear to fucking god.
>>
>>39035533
Any individual or group can be oppressed anywhere, so yes.
>>
>>39036218
I used the word "reality" wrong in my post. Remove the word when reading it and you'll get what I mean. Online shit is hard to use as a reason for pleading "oppression" but IRL namecalling and insults are very much cause for pleading "oppression." Don't call me an asshole but the phrase "just turn the computer off" is probably what you should do.
>>39036242
In a sense yes, but the internet gives a sense of freedom and a feeling of anonymity. This also brings in people with temper problems. Since these people have the ability to vent their problems with some sense of anonymity, they will say whatever they want to say, even if they don't mean it. You really can't judge a person based on what they say on twitter unless its a person of power. Most of these black people saying "fuck white people" and "kill all white folks" probably don't mean what they say. Most people aren't assholes like that. I may be delusional. I just take everything people say online with a grain of salt.
>>
>>39036275
thank christ, my prayers are answered
Balkanization and civil war can't happen fast enough
>>
>>39036337
>In a sense yes, but the internet gives a sense of freedom and a feeling of anonymity. This also brings in people with temper problems. Since these people have the ability to vent their problems with some sense of anonymity, they will say whatever they want to say, even if they don't mean it. You really can't judge a person based on what they say on twitter unless its a person of power. Most of these black people saying "fuck white people" and "kill all white folks" probably don't mean what they say. Most people aren't assholes like that. I may be delusional. I just take everything people say online with a grain of salt.

I disagree. Most people are stupid and violent, and will use any justification they can to steal from others what they feel they've been deprived of. The mob isn't something to give the benefit of the doubt to. Only a fool would think that until they themselves are backed into a corner.
>>
>>39035533
You mean like right now?
>>
>>39036337
That's bullshit. It affects the real world so it is oppression
>>
For a society that supposedly oppress women, homosexuals, people of different skin-color they sure are able to vent their supposed oppression in a lot of channels without any repercussions what so ever.
>>
>>39035686

Well...he wrote that manifesto on the clock and disseminated it around the office.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.