[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have any of you ever been police or in any other law enforcement?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: polis mengs.jpg (622KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
polis mengs.jpg
622KB, 1920x1152px
Have any of you ever been police or in any other law enforcement?
Have any of you ever thought about it?
>>
>>39026030
I used to run drugs for la linea
>>
>>39026047
you used to run drugs for the line? Whats that, tell me more, friend
>>
I thought about it and then realized the amount of obnoxious crackheads/black people/bad drivers/potential cop shooters/AM I BEING DETAINED?!? people I would have to deal with and decided to stay with my sandwich artist job instead
>>
>>39026071
I aint telling you shit, fuckin sapo
>>
>>39026112
whoa, Im not a toad or a snitch. We're friends here
>>
>>39026087
I'm thinking about it now, but I've never had any other job so maybe I'd be too terrible at handling those people
>>
>>39026030
>any other law enforcement
is there non-police law enforcement?
>>
>>39026173
Well I guess technically not since all the other agencies are just policing the areas they handle, but usually when people think police, they think city or county cops.
>>
>>39026030
I was thinking about it, at least being a dispatcher or something. I'm a social autist though and kind of beta so I never bothered. Also a skelly. Not sure I'd be able to pass the academy or be assertive enough.

Becoming a firefighter is also on my mind, though I'll have to bulk up more.
>>
>>39026030
Being a cop would sound nice if there weren't any spics or niggers.
>>
>>39026286
I thought about becoming a firefighter too, but sadly they haven't accepted any new firefighters in years anywhere near my area. This includes the next city over.

There's a bunch of law enforcement agencies accepting new applicants though.

Oh and honestly speaking, the physical requirements, at least here, aren't very tough. It's seems really comfy too, especially being a state trooper and city in your car watching the freeway or driving around
>>
>>39026030
I used to be a cop in the Air Force. What do you want to know?
>>
>>39026030

I was in the gendarmerie for 5 years.
>>
I wouldn't become a cop if it meant enforcing any laws I disagree with, such as self-defense being borderline illegal where I live.
>>
>>39026377
>>39026389
what were the best and worst things about having those jobs?

Would it be hard for someone who doesnt really like being social?

Would it be worth it to do instead of doing something else, like college, or joining the military (or another component of the military in your cases)
>>
>>39026361
My city actually has a low number, and are in desperate need of hires. It's a pretty big city though
Yeah it sounds nice, you get nice benefits, pensions, and get 4 10-12 hour shifts, and 3 days off. I probably wouldn't have to get like beefcake big, but I'd still need to get stronger unless they train you while you're there. I'm like 6'0 140 lbs
>>
>>39026030

I thought about being a shill for online trolling like the NSA does. You know posting info gathering threads and doxing pedos. If they offered me a decent paying position I would take it.
>>
File: 1441740959136.png (723KB, 940x734px) Image search: [Google]
1441740959136.png
723KB, 940x734px
I was extended an offer of employment as a New York State corrections officer a couple of years ago when they were recruiting. Took the written test and scored somewhere in top the 90th percent of applicants, I forget where exactly. Drove to Albany for more tests. Vision, hearing, heart and lungs, blood testing, etc. Fitness testing to ensure a basic level of function like being able to hold and load a pistol, operate key & lock, lift a hanging body and drag one 20 meters, etc. As well as fingerprinting and a shitload of paperwork which I ultimately allowed to lapse because I was forced into applying by my parents in the first place and I really really didn't want the job. Despite wasting a few hundred dollars on the whole process.

The last bit, the fingerprinting, interview and filing of paperwork was done in a windowless, underground basement room behind locked doors. I had to buzz at the entrance and be cleared through an intercom and CCTV before I was allowed to enter. It was all very intimidating. The ones conducting the fitness test and investigations were both bald middle aged white men. Very rude and clearly thought that they were tough shit and better than the newfags like me. When I used the word "impulsively" the investigator asked condescendingly if I thought that it was a big word. I can give some more details if anyone is interested.
>>
>>39026485
Please go on, that sounds really interesting.

Corrections here is lacking, so they basically take anyone, including my land whale aunt.

Pretty much any other agency around here requires polygraph tests and a bunch of other stuff. Did they make you take one?
>>
>>39026087
I work at subway too. Here right now, actually.
>>
>>39026434
During my time in, I performed LE, Security, and Corrections duties as well as acted as defensive infantry. The best part would probably be security work stateside. It was a slacker's wet dream. The worst part was deploying to Camp Bucca. That was a detainment facility. There were about 13 hour workdays six on and one off, another half hour of briefings, I was expected to do another hour in the gym, and I was expected to come running if the alarm ever went off nomatter how comfy I finally got. I actually ended up having a problem with diet pills to stay awake and dangerous amounts of nyquil to get to sleep because of the operations tempo.

I'm not the most social person, but I could usually do fine. You need to develop some confidence and after training and a few months on the job you will pick it up. Its all about fake it until you make it, and it will make you a better person in the end as long as you don't let the power go to your head.

Honestly if I could do it all over, I would have aced high school, gone to The Citadel for free, and joined the Marines as an infantry officer. Security Forces is basically infantry with handcuffs and if I had to be a ground pounder I would have preferred to go all the way. The difference is that the Marine Corps teaches you how to do something then drills it into you until you can't get it wrong. The Air Force gets you to the point where you know they own your ass, but doesn't crush your individualism. The AF way leads to more creative troops that can adapt to weird problems better. But this also means that they will question their actions a lot more. This leads to a much higher rate of PTSD from combat airmen than their marine counterparts.
>>
>>39026030
FUCK PIGS

hell no. Kill yourself for even suggesting this.
>>
>>39026815
This is a white-only board gtfo
>>
>>39026030

I don't have the social skills nor do I want to spend my day chasing the drags of society , of a dime of weed or , crack.
>>
>>39026791
ah I see. Well I have an associates degree right now and a semester of university with pretty good grades, but I just don't see myself doing any of the jobs that I'm told I could get.

I'm not terrible at being social, as in I can fake it, but I have no friends or anything like that, so I'm not great.

Would you recommend staying in college and trying to become an officer in the military after I graduate?
>>
>>39026934
There is another option that you are eligible for right now. With every branch but the Air Force there is a thing called a warrant officer. The WO is unlike regular officers in that they are extremely specialized in their field. Whereas an officer and an enlistedman is expected to get more well rounded as they rank up, a warrant is expected to get better at their day job. I'm pretty sure they only need associates degrees. Usually in the military police the warrants work in investigation fields. They aren't beat cops. So if your associates is criminal justice, go for that. Otherwise I would encourage you to talk to a recruiter to see about your eligibility and find some forums with veterans to ask general questions.
>>
I want to be a cop but I'd have to explain why I've been NEETing for 8 years and say it wasn't depression.
>>
>>39026434

The gendarmerie is pretty much a military police. The best part was getting tech/cybersecurity training and college money. A lot of my time was spent patrolling base grounds, maintaining security infrastructure, and pouring lead into targets. The worst part was being deployed. It's one thing to police military troops, which also presents its own challenges, but to do so in a foreign country, with not only your troops, but the troops of allied countries, AND potential civil unrest from locals, in 40c temperatures, it was miserable. I broke a pashtun man's arm and hogtied a Dutch soldier. Probably the lowest point of it all, was sitting on a tribunal regarding a rape case. The woman probably would have been killed if she went to Afghan police, so she was in a very grim way lucky to have been raped by a soldier, whom we had jurisdiction over.

Military service in general might benefit you. Everything is formal, scripted, and there's a level of certainty in social situations. The wife might love you today and not tomorrow, but brotherhood is until death or dishonour.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.