[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best jobs

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 2017-08-12-14-19-10-.jpg (7KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-12-14-19-10-.jpg
7KB, 251x201px
Lets have a best jobs thread to get the opposite view of the worst jobs thread. It can be because of pay, easiness or whatever.
>>
Software developer

>make $100k/year right out of school
>make over $30/hr over the summer while in school
>can do a shitty job at your current job, jump ship after 2 years, and get a 30% pay raise
>have huge total compensation packages due to RSUs
>stay inside all day coding
>other coworkers are all aspies so it's super easy to be the most extroverted and popular person in the workplace

Best decision of my life famalam
>>
>>39024822
And pay 80k per year for cost of living in the bay Area. Fuck off, even waiters make as much as you in that area.
>>
I'm going for Actuary.
Apparently it's pretty low-stress with a good salary, so it seems pretty comfy

https://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/actuary
>>
>>39024822
Literally came to say this. The best part is that I do almost fucking nothing and get great performance reviews. I'm just padding my resume so I can go to a bigger company in a few years.
>>
>>39026096
You're nuts. Software development is the best career I can think of. San Francisco too expensive? Then move to Colorado. Colorado still too expensive? Pack up and move to North Carolina.

I'm in the process of jumping ship from academia into software engineering because it allows you to do whatever the hell you want. It's the most un-cucked career in this day and age.
>>
What's a decent 9-5 for someone who isn't Mr. Salesman or a STEMlord?

I'm a cyborg who was good at all the subjects no one will pay you to do: Geography, History, English, Geology, Anthro, etc.
>>
Electrical engineering. Manipulate electrons and EM waves to do cool shit like a wizard. Also make lots of money doing it.
>>
>>39026210

Find a way to go back to school and pick up a CS degree. Learn different languages in your free time. Ruby, Python, Java, JS, C, and C++

>>39026228
EE is good too, but you'll hear a lot of "hardware is dead" and you won't have the flexibility that a career in software development allows.

Stay away from IT, it's a trap and there's a good chance you'll end up as a wagecuck.
>>
>>39026210
Just do an IT job. Literal 90 IQ retards can get well paid IT jobs straight out of high school. You literally just answer phones for an ISP and tell old people to restart their modems for like 15 bucks an hour.
>>
>>39026145
You need to have God level math skills. Extreme amounts of number crunching.
>>
>>39026294
That's what I'm good at mate, things like calculus have been a breeze for me.
>>
You may laugh, but being a mail man can be super comfy. Especially if you can get transferred to some nice neighborhoods in so cal or something. Just put on your headphones and walk around putting mail in pppls slots. Very easy and low stress
>>
high pressure boiler operator

pros
>turn a few valves to blow down boiler every few hours
>rest of the shift is downtime
>by law cannot be outsourced/automated

cons
>can be difficult to get this job
>could get stuck on shit shifts like graveyard 11:00PM-7:00AM. but then again when you do nothing for 98% of a shift who gives a fuck
>>
>>39026366
Do you have to have a special degree or certificate to get this job? Sounds pretty cool
>>
>>39026348
>ayy white boii *sucks teef*... das a nice lookin' mail bag cracka'

no thanks
>>
Actuary

Need to be good at math, pays six figures starting(not joking either), and not alot of people know what actuary are
>>
>>39026366
>3rd shift is a con
nah nigga third shift best shift
>>
>>39026395
boiler operators license which is apprenticed through other licensed operators
there are different levels of operator, the one in the hospital has lesser authority than the one in a nuke plant
some states let you become one without apprenticing like maine through maine maritime academy
look through your states skilled trade laws
>>
>>39026483
Did you go to Purdue?
>>
My job is to hang out with people with developmental disabilities. It can take a bit of time to build up a client base but then you can weed out the people you don't want to work with and keep the high paying and low maintenance clients.

I get paid $18-25 to go with these guys to the movies, bowling, read at the library, and a lot of going out to eat. I only have to make myself dinner like twice a week since I get so many free meals.

It gets me out the house to do shit that I like to do but would never actually be motivated to do if it was just myself. I have pretty flexible hours and it's nice to have people look up to you and actually ask me for advice.
>>
>>39026515
So what the fudge is your job title?
>>
>>39026515
Honestly I don't really know what to call my occupation. The two most common titles I've been called by the parents of my clients are mentor and caregiver.
>>
>>39026618
So it's kind of like a self-made profession?
>>
>>39026710
Yeah I don't work through a company. I work directly for the parents of each of my clients. I'm essentially running my own business.
>>
>>39024822
What are the best software dev jobs?
From what I've seen, web is complete cancer (and uninteresting too).
I'd like to work for a big company because I heard the environment was better (more aspies/introverts, less peer reviewing startup culture bullshit).
What specific fields or languages would you recommend?
>>
>>39027396
completely original bump
fuck off robot
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.