[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self esteem

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0445.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0445.gif
14KB, 633x758px
Do you believe you are greater than others? Do you have an innate feeling that you are meant to stand above normalfags?
>>
No I'm fucking fucked. Normies are way above me. I don't even come close, They should be glad the're not me.
>>
File: whatisthatdaddy.jpg (271KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
whatisthatdaddy.jpg
271KB, 960x960px
>>39016094
no, im really really really dumb
and retarded
im sure most people are better than me in every aspect
>>
I feel like others are genetically better than me (ie. Chads, Stacies, intelligent Asians), but that I deserve more than any of them because they are worthless, braindead sheep, and I am the only one who's life really matters. I fucking hate them all for having more than me and being happy and loved. Fuck being a 5'10 5/10 white dude. I want to be Chad and I want a hot bitch all to myself.
>>
>>39016094
Yes, does this mean im like the anon who posts about pulling the strings of all the roaches?
>>
>>39016325
Maybe you are like him. I thought his threads were funny
>>
>>39016347
Me too, i always laughed because he got EXACTLY what he wanted from the anons that replied.
>>
File: 1457594908603.png (465KB, 662x604px) Image search: [Google]
1457594908603.png
465KB, 662x604px
I'm absolutely perplexed how anyone can think they're better than anyone else unless they're an nuclear physicist, a life saving doctor, an olympic gold medalist, or a self made million/billionaire.

It always amazes me how average people, some of which are even less capable than me, feel that they're special in any regards. I understand caring solely about yourself and no one else, and even cheating to get ahead, but thinking you're superior due to it? I will never understand. Just admit to yourself your selfish, there's nothing wrong with that, and quit deluding yourself into believing you're anything more than a walking corpse like everyone else when in all actuality you're either a creep, a manipulator, or only marginally better at a specific thing than everyone else to the point it's irrelevant
>>
I think I'm slightly smarter than normal people (my smartness disappears if I'm depressed), however I'm an aspie.
Physically, I'm shit. I'm a hairy 5'3'' with a bit of gynecomastia.
>>
>>39016094
It's not as simple as that.

I'm more intelligent than most people, and I'm neurologically very unique. Most people are tangibly slower than I am, less capable of clarifying and expressing their thoughts, less capable of absorbing and retaining information, less creative, less capable of calling forth and applying information, less capable of using analogistic reasoning and drawing connections, less intuitive, and less naturally-talented in most things than I am. I deliberately dumb myself down just to interact with most people, and I don't mean that I just clarify my thoughts or use a normal vocabuary or turn down my autismo for a moment to get on their levels.

I know that /r9k/ and 4chan at large are full of delusional spergs who think they're geniuses because they're slightly-above-average in IQ and not very perceptive, but the above is the truth. I'm Feynman-tier brilliant, and I know it. There is a high degree of confidence that goes along with that, and I do consider myself "special."

That said, I'm surrounded by my betters. Almost all of them are tangibly dumber than I am, but that doesn't stop them from being my betters and it doesn't mean I don't look up to them. It also doesn't mean that they don't provide me with ideas that I haven't yet entertained.
>>
>>39016767
I actually believe I'm superior because of how altruist I am compared to others

Idk man in my book it's ok to have a wrong belief you're better than others, the reverse is equally wrong and destructive anyway
>>
As long as Chris Chan exists, I will know that there is a God and he has given me hope.
>>
>>39016917
Here it is. Irony, the post.
>>
File: lion_cat.jpg (33KB, 550x763px) Image search: [Google]
lion_cat.jpg
33KB, 550x763px
A sense of self worth based on perceiving yourself as better than others is a fragile belief system called pseudo-self-esteem. What has to happen is eventually realizing that you are completely and utterly unremarkable, being sent into a tailspin of severe depression because your illusions of grandeur all came crashing down, then developing an intrinsic sense of self worth, an internal sense of self esteem. Most people can't seem to grasp this concept even, because to them if feels like a break from reality, or a form of psychosis because if you don't compare yourself to others, everything is meaningless, and how can you possibly know where you stand? And indeed real self esteem is a form of extreme individualism, a complete reset of your neural wiring, that allows you to give yourself as much self-esteem as you want, and it doesn't matter one bit what others think of you or how you measure up. In fact, you can objectively be a total loser who sucks at life, but subjectively you are completely content, very happy, and feel like the most valuable life form in the universe.
>>
Yes I do somewhat because I am competent and recognize my own flaws. I have an arrogant narcissism that makes me loathe human interaction. For example, a coworker showing romantic interest in me makes me feel sick because it's some dumb normie slut.
>>
>>39016767
I don't think I'm better than anyone I just think I'm a quick learner and that I'm ahead of many in most regards, I know there are many superior to me but I feel pretty superior to others in many situations.
>>
>>39017060
If you find pleasure in being a swine in shit then so be it, as long as you know you are a swine in shit. Do you agree others have the right to be disgusted by you?
>>
>>39017124
I love people like you.
You make the world go round anon.
>>
Greater than normals? Not really but I do believe I am inherently different. They obviously think so too with the way they kicked me out of society.

I do feel a little pride maybe, its not like many people to have ever existed get to experience life like this.
>>
>>39017018
I mean it unironically.

People who are selfless and generous where I'm not are better than I am. People who are strong where I'm weak are better than I am. People who are restrained and prudent where I'm impulsive and unwise are better than I am. People who are loving and who put more laughter and music into the world when I'm just being a fucking drag are better than I am. And I genuinely look up to the people in my life who are like that, which implies that I know I'm beneath them.

I'd have to be bullshitting myself in order to pretend that I've ever met my equal in terms of raw brainpower, though. There's no moral weight attached to that beyond that duty it carries with it, and it doesn't make me any more worthy of esteem.
>>
>>39017141
Potential=/=Actuality
>>
>>39016094
I tend to put myself on a pedestal when talking to normalfags, it might have something to do with me being in the gifted education program throughout my school life, or maybe I'm just an asshole
>>
>>39017196
I have no idea what youre talking about
Wasnt an orig post haha
>>
File: 1457571631289.jpg (6KB, 241x251px) Image search: [Google]
1457571631289.jpg
6KB, 241x251px
>>39017212
You have to really be harsh and objective on yourself if you want to correct unhealthy behavior.Imagine you are the "ideal" father (You may have had or not had) and you are your own son giving yourself advice. Remove yourself form yourself. There is the "You" that is present here and there is the YOU within. Balance them both!
>>
>>39017221
Fuck you bitch suck my dick
>>
>>39017252
Potential/=/actuality
Irog
>>
>>39016094
I do believe I am better than others, and yet my self-esteem is the lowest of lows. I have no true basis as to why I feel this inflated self-worth. Probably the result of brainwashing from all of the vidya and manga I've gone through my entire life where I am the main-character; the protagonist that everyone else looks up to. It didn't even matter that all of it was just fake dialogue script bullshit, I took in so much of it and relied on it to "form" relationships and feel loved that it absolutely ruined me and my perception of real life
>>
>>39016094
>self esteem
>believing you are greater than others
What? This is from encyclopedia britannica
>Self esteem, Sense of personal worth and ability that is fundamental to an individual's identity
I think I have a healthy sense of self-esteem and it has nothing to do with being better than others. There are plenty of friends I have at college that are doing better than me in terms of passing exams/grades and I still have enough self esteem to not give up and try my best at college and everything else I'm doing. It's a wonderful feeling of being sure of yourself and knowing what you can take in life. It also helps to know your emotions and how you would react to certain things. Having your shit together in general is very good for your self-esteem.

>>39017060
This is what happens I guess, I haven't seen it happen to anyone I know yet but it sounds likely. I have no idea how people could go trough life while comparing themselves to others all the time.
Here's where I disagree
>In fact, you can objectively be a total loser who sucks at life, but subjectively you are completely content, very happy, and feel like the most valuable life form in the universe.
This is kinda BS in my opinion. We're all human after all and every human culture values a small common core of traits. I personally think the attitude of 'fuck society I live by my own rules' is kind of bullshit but maybe some people just work that way. I believe that way more people just say they do so they could justify themselves being a failure (this I've seen all the time).
>>
>>39016596
>>39016347
>>39016325
Give link to thread
>>
>>39017622
Youre gonna have to do some digging on desuarchive and type roaches or something in search bar.
He stopped posting around a year ago.
>>
>>39017679
I miss that. Always with an evil wojack face, right?
>>
>>39016917
Jordan Peterson pls leave
>>
>>39017124
>people have rights

Cute meme
>>
>>39016094
>Do you believe you are greater than others?
Yes, years of playing videos games and always being of the top 10% has given me such an inflated ego that I'm simply just smarter and better than everyone around me
>>
>>39016094
I used to, but after realizing I get no matches on tinder after a week, I realize I'm just ugly as you fucks.
>>
Yeah I have a combination of I guess what you call neuroses that allows me to maintain a smug sense of superiority. The sick part is that its not even that I feel I am that great. I've entirely repudiated human experience and thus I feel like one of the few people who realizes their own shit stinks. My claim to fame is being less shitty than the other shitters (even though I'm probably significantly moreso). It helps that I'm openly hypocritical and without shame.
>>
I just want to be apart from society and be alone. Off the grid, self sufficient. I'll reach my goal in about 15 years.
>>
>>39016917
Gr8 b8 m8. 2/10 for getting me to reply.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.