[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you tip? I ordered delivery and kinda wanna tip but all I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: pizza-man-thermal-bag-1518150.jpg (198KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
pizza-man-thermal-bag-1518150.jpg
198KB, 1300x957px
Do you tip? I ordered delivery and kinda wanna tip but all I have is $20 bills and the food is $19.99, should I just give him/her a $20 tip?
>>
It's called a card
>>
>>39007267
All of my debit cards are in the negative, my job gives me paper checks.
>>
ask if the deliverer has change of a 20 and give them 10 or 5 if you like
>>
>>39007231
Depends I guess, are people in your area tippers? I know in my city, people literally won't tip deliverymen and they make fuck all for money in addition to having to fuck up their (probably) only car and pay for gas, so I'll usually tip $10-$15. If your city tips okay, I'd scrounge up whatever loose change I find and just do that, it's better than nothing/a penny.
>>
>>39007231
Just ask for change. $5 is a 25% tip.
>>
>>39007419
>tip $10-$15
>For $20 Pizza delivery
You people are fucking nuts. Just give him $3-5 if you want, or nothing at all.
>>
>>39007231

10% is generally acceptable around here, but one thing tourists don't understand, is that if you say thank you as you give the money to the staff, that means you don't expect change.
>>
Pizza delivery driver here

We always carry at least $20 in change, 5s and 1s so you can break the 20 with them

$3 is an acceptable tip
$4 is good
$5 is really good
Anything more is great
Obviously bigger tips for huge orders are always nice
>>
>>39007432
>$5 is a 25% tip.

Who the fuck cares about percentages for tips anymore? Only oild people do this. Today most deliverymen expect at least 10 dollars for a tip no matter what you get.
>>
>>39007540
>giving away 10usd
>for literally nothing
Jesus christ you murricans are dumb as fuck
>>
>>39007319
Maybe you shoudnt be buying pizza then
>>
>>39007570

K have fun when the deliveryman shits on your front step, your house gets blacklisted and is the target of vandalism for the next year or so
>>
>>39007588
We don't do that retard
>>
File: 1502282180683.png (99KB, 1153x987px) Image search: [Google]
1502282180683.png
99KB, 1153x987px
>Tipping

Only a leftist/Marxist would do this. It's not my obligation to pay you extra for doing the job you're literally expected to do, you fucking cucks.
>>
>>39007588
Well memed now get out
>>
>>39007540
Im a delivery driver and I can confirm this
>>
>tfw euro
>earn a decent salary even as a delivery guy
>good enough to not need tips, no one ever tips cause people dont give money away for free
>no awkward moments when someone doesnt tip or tips too little
I really dont understand tipping
>>
You should put the head of your penis inside whatever orifice the prefer.
>>
>>39007455
15% is acceptable if it's all you can spare but these guys literally beat their cars to hell driving everywhere (on their own dime!) being paid at MOST minimum wage. Unless you live in some liberal fuckhole with a double digit minimum wage, you should give deliverymen better tips than a waiter, especially because they serve a lot of cheapskates that will tip maybe a quarter.
If tipping well is so difficult for you, you should order carryout.
>>
>>39007231
"Hey can you break a 20"
Problem solved
>>
OP here.
Well I asked him for change for a $20 and he gave it to me in all one gave him a $5 tip and sifted through the ones and saw that I had $17 left.... so yeah... also he forgot to grab the $20 and had to come back to get it
>>
At my work we literally have a list of people who dont tip, it always takes a little longer to get them their food, and its usually intentionally lukewarm, we dont do anything terrible to the food, we just make sure the quality is sub par compared with tippers.

Even people that tip $1 on a receipt will get there food fresh.

And if you order 5 minutes before close and stiff the driver I feel bad for you kek
>>
File: 1501967671555.jpg (66KB, 606x750px) Image search: [Google]
1501967671555.jpg
66KB, 606x750px
>>39007730
>these guys literally beat their cars to hell driving everywhere (on their own dime!) being paid at MOST minimum wage

Please explain to me why this is MY fault and MY responsibility to pay them for this?
>>
Non american here, why would you givemore money to someone that's already getting paid for doing their job?
>>
>>39007730
>You shouldnt order something even if you can afford and are willing to pay its real price
You nigga dumb af lol
>>
I've literally never ordered delivery before. There is a really good pizza place just a 5 minute drive from where I live, I can just go it myself.
>>
Non tippers are literal retards or children or poor people being irresponsible with their money by ordering $50 in pizza

There is no refuting this
>>
>>39007909
I think giving money away for no reason at all is more of an irresponsible thing to do with it lol
>>
File: smug.gif (443KB, 402x432px) Image search: [Google]
smug.gif
443KB, 402x432px
>work as a delivery driver
>make $7.15 an hour
>Usually take home 75+ in tips every night in a 5 hour shift
>>
>implying the delivery person doesn't have cash on him to break your $20

Being an ATM is part of the reason you should tip, OP
>>
>>39007942
if you have enough money for a pizza but not enough to throw 2 fucking dollars to the person that drove 4 miles to your house then you are too poor to be ordering pizza lol
>>
Its quite hilarious how big companies have brainwashed americans into thinking its their duty and obligation to make up for the shitty minimum wage they pay to food delivery people
>>
>>39007978
Its not about not being able to tip, its just that there is straight up no reason to. That person is already getting paid and you're already paying for a service, why should you give more money away?
Im not trying to meme on you, im legit curious on the reasoning behind the tipping ettiquette
>>
Just make your own pizza. It's the easiest fucking thing, is cheap as shit, and usually tastes better if you do it properly.
>>
>>39007231
I either tip the person that served me by 20 to 25%, or I don't tip them at all if they weren't that good of a server.
>>
Welp I just ate an entire Pizza, a Gyro and Fries over the course of making this thread, and it sadly reminded me of why I'm still here....
>>
File: 1502198926454.jpg (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502198926454.jpg
115KB, 600x600px
>>39008000
It's even funnier that europoors are too poor to make the choice of giving the guy using his own money for gas the 2-4 dollars needed for his shit job but what can you expect euroshits lack such empathy for their fellow man that they'd replace them with mudshits and call it a good day while bending at the knee of Mehmet and Abdul.
>>
>>39007231
I'm britbong, so I don't tip unless it was really quick delivery or the guy was especially nice. But most of the time it's just some gormless paki who just throws the food into my hands and scurries away before I can even say thanks
>>
>>39007730
Why hasn't America tried this crazy idea called properly paying their employees? The point of tipping is if you got a good service, no way in hell would I give someone $10 if they gave a bad service.
>>
>>39008530
>But most of the time it's just some gormless paki who just throws the food into my hands and scurries away before I can even say thanks

Tbh I prefer it that way, better than some meaningless small talk with someone I'll never see again that neither of us care about. Same reason I prefer corner shops, I'd rather a quiet paki than some middle aged woman trying to talk to me
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.