[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are long distance relationships even worth it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: filia o fobia.jpg (46KB, 480x616px) Image search: [Google]
filia o fobia.jpg
46KB, 480x616px
is it still worth all the effort having a long distance relationship? I've had two before and the first one we did meet up but in the end it didn't work out (we were too young at that age) and the second well the person just got bored of me after a year. Now I've been talking with this person and something is striking up but I just don't wanna commit to this if the last one is just gonna repeat itself, but at the same time I'm afraid I could be missing out on something good.

pic unrelated
>>
>>38994735
Those shows have completely different brands of comedy
>>
>>38994735
If you're not doing anything IRL you might as well anon. Just keep in mind the goal should be to eventujally be together.
>>
do you even watch any of them?
>>
>>38994766
i watch rick and morty and i've given a try to the other 2. i found this picture humorous.
>>
>>38994791
watch aeon flux(from the 90s).
>>
>>38994735
Why do are they comparing two decent shows with a little childen's cartoon-network cartoon?
>>
>>38994735
Short answer is no, it's not worth it. You need irl interactions for anything to really hold weight and feel real.
>>
>>38994851
what's the long answer
i'm having a depressive episode tonight so i won't be havin much else to do than reading robot posts
>>
>>38994863
Long answer. Noooooooooooo
>>
File: Shark.jpg (101KB, 900x726px) Image search: [Google]
Shark.jpg
101KB, 900x726px
>>38994863
What is a long distance relationship? Think on that. It's something between pen pals and a guy you chat with in gaming. Sure that's great to kill the time when there is time to be killed and a ear willing to listen is always great but when hell comes roaring at your feet you need a real hand on your shoulder, arms to lay over you, a voice in the same room, not filtered by electricity and wires telling you that you are not alone. That is when ldr suffer the most, when you need a person there with you. That's the whole concept about dating, it's why even the wealthiest and most powerful marry, because having another person twist into your life and yours into theirs leads to a stronger bond and a great strength. You can't do that over the chat line, really you are not sharing an adventure of life together so much as meat swapping stories and events that you can take with you the next day, it doesn't have the same weight as a person that is sharing the same space as you and you are both working together on a mutual concept know as life. Also ldr demand at some point that they cease being that and become a normal relationship otherwise it is going to erode to just being pen pals swapping stories because you are no more materiel to their life than a good youtube video or random chat stream. You are better off seeking real connections outside your door no matter how scary that seems because once you finally gain one and it grows you will see the better strength in shared lives in the real world over databites of solitude.
>>
>>38994989
this is a great text, really puts things into another perspective for people that may need it like myself. thanks a lot for this, i appreciate it.

pic still unrelated
>>
I'm in one right now
>>
>>38994791
Rick and morry is just edgy humor futurama actually has heartful moments in it
>>
>>38994735
most ldr really aren't worth it...

If you meet up multiple times before actually starting a relationship, get together irl at least once a month and are planing to get together irl in a timespan of about 1 year, you might have a chance.
If any of said criteria aren't met, just forget about it
>>
>>38994840
Why did you make this so ambiguous?

Futurama is a great show, Rick and Morty was good during season 1 and 2 but it's pretentious and overrated now, Steven Universe is a cool concept and is well executed for being a spiritual sister show to Adventure Time, but once you realize Steven is a jew with a bigass star of david on his chest (his mother has it too) you start to lose interest.
>>
>>38996147
Tfw you wished you lived in a small town near the ocean instead of a red neck white trash town
>>
File: 1502425100722.png (493KB, 1238x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1502425100722.png
493KB, 1238x1080px
>>38996147
>Steven Universe is a cool concept and is well executed
opinion discarded
you are a retard
>>
File: sad-pepe-640x480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad-pepe-640x480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>38996189
If only I could live in a comfy town like that
>>
File: Lapis_Baseball'd_PNG.png (88KB, 1216x4024px) Image search: [Google]
Lapis_Baseball'd_PNG.png
88KB, 1216x4024px
>>38996189
Okay the concept is outlandish, but have you ever sat down and watched the show? The execution is pretty well done if you like cartoons with more serious qualities and an artistic continuity. It's not terrible and it's just as comfy as Adventure Time, but maybe that's my bias.

The only reason for my dislike is the very obvious (((motifs))) in the show.
>>
>>38996256
>The execution is pretty well done if you like cartoons with more serious qualities and an artistic continuity.
stop embarrassing yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
>>
>>38996316
If you can stomach this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5rCSmduaY

Deedee Magno was previously a professional Broadway thespian before this, I quite like this scene.
>>
>>38996316
Half of this critique was based on anti-postmodernist thought, and while it isn't wrong, it's not directly arguing against the actual content of the show, and when I do hear an argument against the content the contentions are nebulous and not explicitly stated or are fall-flat jokes.

>It plays like it has a story but it really doesn't
Why is there an entire plot that exists with multiple wiki entries detailing the progression of both the main story line (that is being developed as the show progresses) and the subplots therein?

>there's no character development
>NO NO
not an argument chink, again, multiple episodes dedicated to steven's character dev concerning his mother, his friends, the gems, etc.

>the art style is shit
>dats subjective
not an argument

The show isn't G-d's gift to mankind but you and this guy are clearly contrarians because you both offer no real debate regarding the quality of the show.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.