[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of laptop should I buy for college?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1502073381932.jpg (478KB, 958x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1502073381932.jpg
478KB, 958x1200px
What kind of laptop should I buy for college?
>>
Thinkpad.

They're cheap and small. You may or may not look like autistic to your peers though.
>>
>>38994310
surface book is pretty good. It's the one I have.
>>
>>38994371
I have this as well. Every bone in my body screamed not to buy it, but it was very cheap (through my school deal) and I wanted something with a good screen. So far, its pretty good. I cant figure out how to take the screen off though, and I wish I had gotten the one without the Nvidia GPU so I would have better battery.
>>
chromebook it can do everything but play video games
Cheap and slim about $200 dollarydoos, might be able to find cheaper
Great for college because it has a long battery life of 6+ hours on minimal settings
Recharges quickly
Can stream and play videos
Keeps your documents and assignments in the cloud

8.27/10
The no vidya really Really hurts this laptop but you can play flash games
>>
>>38994414
near the top right of the keyboard there is a button you press to release the screen. There is also an on screen one you can tap near (or in) the system tray

also I found out you can charge just the screen by plugging it into the bottom of it. Don't know how I missed that

Also the charger has a usb port so you can charge a phone with it at the same time
>>
>>38994414
>>38994565
Also it is nice for drawings as well
>>
File: 1489450511773.jpg (126KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1489450511773.jpg
126KB, 604x516px
I got an Hp omen laptop last year. It's pretty good. It can play video games pretty well, it's thin, and fits in my bag.
If you don't care about games then I'm not sure maybe just get a chromebook.
>>
>>38994310
>What kind of laptop should I buy for college?
How much money do you have to spend?
>>
>>38994565
I have used that button and I hear it go click and the notification pops up that I can remove it, but I cant pull it off for some reason... maybe I need to pull harder but I dont want to break it. I would love to try some drawing on it, but like I said I cant get the screen off which makes it hard. How is the palm rejection when drawing?
>>
File: 1502001059827.jpg (1MB, 800x4524px) Image search: [Google]
1502001059827.jpg
1MB, 800x4524px
>>38994310
Buy a cheap laptop like >>38994423, or maybe a tablet. Save your money and get yourself a nice desktop sophomore year.

t. Someone who spent their entire high school graduation money on a laptop that was obsolete 3 years later.
>>
>>38994352
This. If you just want something to take notes, browse the internet or do coding, get a T420 for like $80 and upgrade the ram and put an SSD. It'll be just as good as anything you'll get today for less than $150. Laptops have reached that point where literally everything remotely modern will be just fine spec wise for basic tasks, it's just a matter of durability/weight/battery life/keyboard after that. If you want a gaming machine, build a desktop with the remaining money you have.
>>
>>38994601
I would say pull a bit harder just dont squeeze the screen hard. It's snug especially if you never took it off before. I have some foam pads I use when I draw. I turn the screen around so it's still on the keyboard and lean it so it's angled a bit and the foam things keep it propped up.
I can link the things I have if you are interested in that. Palm rejections is pretty good but the screen can get kind of spicy. I'd reccomend getting one of those pinkie/ring finger gloves that are like $5 just to avoid the heat if it's a problem for you. The small layer really does make it so you don't even feel the heat on your hand really.
It's not going to burn you or anything though.
>>
>>38994685
>tfw about to get a T410 for 130 euro coins
I still think it's a pretty good deal, plan on buying a small ssd as well cause muh cloud storage
>>
>>38994755
Thanks for the advice, I got the screen off, I actually waited an extra 4 or 5 seconds after pressing the button and it was very easy. Ill install krita and give it a shot.
>>
What is the best ssd( cheaper the better tho) for a laptop ? I don't need more than 250 gigs. Everything seems so expensive :/
>>
>>38994912
WD branded SSDs are a good mix of price, performance, and warranty. I think I paid around $120 for my 500GB.
>>
File: smug_wendy_by_xephonia-db7atvj.jpg (299KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
smug_wendy_by_xephonia-db7atvj.jpg
299KB, 1024x1448px
>>38994310
Buy a toshiba. They are slim, fit in your bag, work well and you can play games like GW2 or League well.
>>38994352
dont do this. Lenovo products are absolute Garbage.
>>
>>38994802
Alright let me know how it turns out

Also if you wait too long after pressing it it relocks itself just so you know.
>>
>>38994310
>What kind of laptop should I buy for college?
Panasonic tough book
>>
>>38994966
>says lenovo is garbage but recommends toshiba shit
Opinion discarded. Also you don't buy new Thinkpads, you buy older Thinkpads.
>>
Just get a macbook so people won't think you are autistic and poor.
>>
>>38994966
you don't know shit about thinkpads you literal retard

I hate you so much I wanna kill you
>>
>>38995013
This. Macbook is the superior choice for robots/
>>
If you want one you can game on at home buy it for like 600.
If you just want it for college buy a chromebook, they're like 200-300.
>>
File: no subo.jpg (36KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
no subo.jpg
36KB, 600x582px
>>38995026
I owned a fucking lenovo g505s and 50-80. Barely touched those fuckers and they only lasted 2 years. Fuck lenovo anf fuck thinkpads. Cheap ass hardware can't even run league above 15 fps. Stop shilling shit tech
>>
>>38995028
>for robots
are you retarded
>>
just get a Macbook you fucking virgin

it's not that complicated lmao
>>
>>38995055
so you have no experience with thinkpads.
>>
>>38994310
Apple College Edition
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.