[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots, would you rather be yourself or a well-cared-for snake?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: snake.jpg (86KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
86KB, 720x540px
Robots, would you rather be yourself or a well-cared-for snake?
>>
Chill with the Women Hate threads.
>>
>>38991123
I don't understand what your post is getting at.
>>
>>38991018
Do I keep my human intelligence and memories as a snake or am I stuck with snake brain? This is very important.
>>
>>38991485
You keep your human intelligence and memories.
>>
>>38991608
Alright then am I fed live mice or frozen ones?
>>
>>38991665
Whichever you prefer, refuse one and you'll be offered the other.
>>
>>38991139
He's trying to make a joke that women are snakes.
It's kind of weirdly worded, and the random caps are distracting.
>>
I'd rather be the snake. Responsibility is shit
>>
>>38991696
Sounds great so far personally I would be fine with losing my memories
The only question I have left is: Who's my owner?
>>
File: 1501145229883.jpg (142KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
1501145229883.jpg
142KB, 800x529px
>>38991018
Being cared for violates the NAP
>>
>>38991791
Some human, does it matter who in particular? One who will take good care of you, give you an appropriate size tank, plenty of hides, good substrate and temperature, take you to a vet if you get sick, etc.
>>
>>38991018
My snake does nothing but hide all day.
So I don't see any difference.
>>
>>38991820
Can mine be a cute girl?
>>
Me. The snake can't play vidya or jackoff.
>>
>>38991876
Only if you're well-behaved and of pure intent.
>>
>>38991917
Does occasionally slithering around her breasts count as "well-behaved and of pure intent"?
>>
>>38991948
I own a boa constrictor
Thats pretty normal. Mine likes to get tangled in my hair.
>>
>>38991987
Alright! Count me in. When do I become a snake?
>>
You cannot "be" a snake. Snakes are not intelligent and have no level of consciousness.
>>
>>38991987
what do you keep your boa in. I'd like to do something cheap and effective like a plastic toat, but that doesn't seem to be effective for a 7 ft boa.
>>
>>38992056
Please don't skimp on a proper setup for your snake.
>>
>>38992031
>no level of consciousness
Consciousness in found in just about any animal more complex than a jellyfish. Some argue it can even be found in some plants.
>>
>>38992056
Mine is a dwarf and is still young, so a 40 gallon fish tank.
If you want cheap get a leopard gecko. Whats the point of having a beautiful pet snake if you're gonna keep it in an ugly little shoebox?
>>
>>38992111
You have been huffing paint.
>>
>>38992031
Snakes are surprisingly smart, it's just hard to test reptiles since they're hard to motivate and are wired differently.
Large pythons have great pattern recognition skills and snakes in general are very self aware.
>>
Fuck yes, who wouldn't want to play with the warriors making millions.
>>
>>38992127
Well, boa constrictors are also very intelligent, so handling them is an up. And if they are anything like my ball python, all they are going to do is hide. What is the point of building an elaborate setup if you never see anything in it?
>>
>>38992141
Plants communicate by releasing chemicals into the air in response to stimuli.
It's why you can plant the same kind of plant so close to eachother without them killing eachother.
>>
>>38992191
Boas are a lot more outgoing than ball pythons.
Your ball python hides because you're not giving it the opportunity to be active and because it's nocturnal.
A snake is only as active as it's environment allows. Mine is really active because he has plant cover, branches, and a pool.
He doesnt even use hides anymore because he's so secure.
>>
>>38992141
not an argument
orgeggao
>>
>>38992193
Ok pothead. Rethink that one when you sober up.
>>
File: Oh no giant snek.webm (1MB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
Oh no giant snek.webm
1MB, 638x360px
>Sunbathe under my heat lamp
>Lick the air every so often
>Slither around
>Lay on the big warm animal every day
>Big warm animal gives me mice to eat

Make me a snek please
>>
>>38992243
Crack a book faggot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrrSAc-vjG4
>>
File: Snake Ass Nigga.jpg (196KB, 844x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Snake Ass Nigga.jpg
196KB, 844x1145px
>>38992166

Underbasted roast, with a hint of oregano
>>
>>38992151
No.
http://animalquestions.org/reptiles/snakes/are-snakes-intelligent/
>Are snakes intelligent?
>No they are not. Having only a reptilian brain, snakes lack the parts of the brain which allow organisms such as us to think the way we do.
>Snakes are driven almost purely by instinct, and are not capable of higher forms of thinking. They seek only the most basic of survival needs, such as food and reproduction.
>>
>>38992215
My ball python has lots of scenery, and is active a bit at night. Though, come to think of it, BP's are infamous for being reclusive. I WOULD love to keep a boa in a nice plastic cage on of these days.
>>
I would rather be a well pampered snake. I'm sick of my mammal and higher function brain power. All try do is make me depressed. I would love to have a simple reptilian brain.
>>
>>38992286
Modern science is a lot better than you'd think.
>Reptiles arent smart
Monitors are smarter than dogs and large boids can learn to recognize individual humans.
Reptiles are presumed dumb because they're near impossible to motivate and because of old research being done in the wrong conditions
>>
File: 1487678566432.jpg (20KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
1487678566432.jpg
20KB, 400x276px
>>38992268
>someone who has no idea how to use commas says to "crack a book"
>presents his youtube video that he watched (which is not a book, I feel needs to be pointed out)
>and this is the scholar's proof that PLANTS ARE CONSCIOUS

I think you would benefit greatly from taking the two minutes to actually familiarize yourself with what consciousness actually is, you fucking blob.
>>
>>38991706
But snakes are pure and beautiful.
Nothing at all like women.
>>
>>38992302
I suggest melamine and acrylic.

>>38992302
They are a snake that lives in burrows in the wild.
Boas range from arboreal when they're young to semi-arboreal as adults with no major predators.
>>
>>38992356
It's a BBC documentary put on youtube.
Actually look at the content and familiarize yourself with anything published in the last 30 years on the subject
>>
>>38992366
Have you used melamine before? I've heard people doing DIY with it, but I know little about it.
>>
>>38992428
Its cheap, retains heat and doesnt decay.
Look up boaphile enclosures, they make them and sell them but there's a steep premium
>>
>>38992356
https://phys.org/news/2016-12-new-study-shows-plants-can.html
It isn't necessarily proof of consciousness in plants, but there is plenty of good evidence here.
>>
File: how-phototropism-works.jpg (64KB, 730x295px) Image search: [Google]
how-phototropism-works.jpg
64KB, 730x295px
>>38992482
Well that was a fucking waste of time. It was a clickbait article. That was the biggest load of bullcrap. The way they find the light is not the plants "learning" of "being trained". That's called phototropism and we've known about it for centuries. The light literally pushes shit inside the plants which forces exaggerated growth in the spot where there's only indirect light. The plant is not thinking.

That's what I hate about these clickbait articles. They only work on really ignorant walmart types but these animals believe everything they read, no matter how ridiculous it is. That's so irresponsible.
>>
File: snack.jpg (2MB, 2620x4656px) Image search: [Google]
snack.jpg
2MB, 2620x4656px
Posting my boa
He's an excellent snake.
>>
>>38992605
Is a yale paper good enough?
http://e360.yale.edu/features/exploring_how_and_why_trees_talk_to_each_other
>>
>>38992631
Put him in your butthole than post pics
>>
>>38992671
Neither of us like that.
I'm a guy and he is also a guy and neither of us are fags.
>>
>>38992662
You did not read a word of that, clearly. It's not even about what the title says. It's metaphorical.

You know what, I'm going to bed.
>>
>>38992688
Kys loser you will die alone and no one will appreciate you unless you do it please
>>
>>38992752
I'm pretty sure if anyone tried that he'd attack them.
>>
>>38992721
Thank god, you'll never get anywhere period you have yet to put up a solid argument

It's purely conjecture anyways how could you possibly know what is or isn't conscious?
>>
>>38992913
Consciousness is a soul which can only be found in humans, idiot.
>>
>>38992928
I'm gonna go piss on a bible. Religion has no place in science
Try not to beat your wife(/sister) too hard
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.