[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are our lives filled with suffering?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: avalokitesvara.jpg (111KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
avalokitesvara.jpg
111KB, 525x700px
Why are our lives filled with suffering?
>>
>>38990684
The universe was orignally a single unity but it got bored and divided itself up into many for shits and giggles. But it hurts because it's not real, it's always slipping away and tending back towards its unified original state.
>>
>>38990684
There are kids in Africa starving right this second
How are you suffering?
>>
The great voyeur in the sky's ideal has always been to have an innocent, feminine, loving waifu be in love with an introverted, intelligent, sensitive robot type filled with feels.

However, an attenuation of psychology was required. Introverted, intelligent, sensitive types can sometimes fall victim to other people's manipulations and even fall into a sort of victim mentality, so in order to create the personal strength and alpha characteristics in the introverted, intelligent, sensitive robot type - God had to create a conflict in which normies, Chad, and roasties have free reign and just enough rope to hang themselves.

We are still in the act of creation - we are part of the waifu attenuation system. After the resurrection of the dead, there will be no roasties, no Chad, no normies.
>>
>>38990684
Because what life is, is suffering. To live is to gain and lose, and thus suffer. That isn't bad.
>>
>>38990684
existance is only suffering because we felt happines at some point besides that there isnt any definite answer to your question
>>
>>38990684
Because of our will. Read Schopenhauer. Our primal desires and needs are chains to the human intellect.
>>
File: img000013.jpg (361KB, 1000x1436px) Image search: [Google]
img000013.jpg
361KB, 1000x1436px
Because of our psychological systems of defense and recompense and mechanisms which our species uses to perpetuate and subsist. Its also notable that we tend to highligh our suffering more than we do our joy; but life rarely is completely about suffering. However, if suffering has something positive is that it makes true death into a real and complete release of this eternal anxiety and emptiness we would be inmersed into if it didnt exist.

tl;dr suffering is natural and part of the system, luckily we die, life is fun

>>38990758
Retarded argument, you better be baiting.

>>38990730
I thought about this one a lot. Our conciouness might be the remains of its mind taking form. Still its too much to assume.
>>
>>38990934
our intellect is the chain that binds us to depression and suffering, having no reason whatsoever is the only way not to feel emotional pain
>>
>>38990970
No. Brains process emotions in all animals but the fact that we think on a higher level than other animals is not a bad thing. We can experience the sublime thanks to our intellect.
>>
>>38990684
Because of entropy. To reduce entropy in one area, you must take energy from another are, thus increasing the entropy in that area.
>>
>>38990758
This is such a dumb fucking statement.
>durr someone somewhere has it worse, so you can't be negative
There are better ways of telling someone to look on the bright side and to count their blessings, you retarded normalfag
>>
>>38991020
the sublime is only a shitty excuse our instincts have to proliferate our species. our shitty intellect is the only thing stopping us from achieving non existence as soon as possible
>>
>>38991089
I think we have a biological predisposition towards procreation. If anything our intellect is the only thing antagonistic towards this procreative drive.
>>
>>38990684
Evolution puts more importance on fear and survival than happiness and fulfillment. We're not meant to be happy; we're meant to fuck, eat, and die. Your feelings got nothing to do with it.
>>
>>38990758
>There are kids in Africa starving right this second
Some people have all the luck. I was born with no open orifices on my body. Also, my skin is impenetrable by any needles known to man. I have never felt nourishment in my life and I am only sustained by a rare medical disease that coerces my body to feast on itself while at the same time reproducing those very same consumed organs.
>>
File: 1500508707518.jpg (313KB, 1221x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1500508707518.jpg
313KB, 1221x1223px
>"THERE ARE KIDS IN AFRICA"
every time
>>
>>38991115
if it was truly antagonistic we wouldnt exist, the only thing which it creates that is against proliferation is the will to commit suicide and even then it might actually be one of the things that keeps us going as suicidal ideation is the only thing that really gives us a sense of control on the universe. sorry if im talking nonsense im really quite drunk
>>
Be lasting nothing
When nothing folds to see us
And presumes it's not
>>
File: IMG_1582.jpg (81KB, 1214x1140px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1582.jpg
81KB, 1214x1140px
>>38990684
It's simple, the universe must remain balanced. For every person that succeeds in life and achieves happiness there must be several more who are given nothing more than sadness and failure. After all, what is light without darkness? What is success without failure? What is happiness without sadness? If we weren't hear to bear the worlds negativity on our shoulders than there would be no one to be showered with its kindness.
>>
>>38990684
Watch this it's only two minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7qdowoemo
>>
>>38991354
gay and stupid, i honestly dont even think this needs a decent rebuttal since common sence should be enough
>>
>>38990730
The thing that killed virtue and buddhism for me is that all the bad deeds like anger stealing and whatever are neccesary for survival, and slave morality too. A slave will always favor a cruel master than a true equal. Being virtuous= certain death.They'll eat you like the crows they are. You have to be as treacherous as everyone for their AND your own good. Besides,we live in an imaginable world,you can imagine love,virtue and universal peace but those concepts aren't applied to the real world,the futile temporal earth.
The true enlightment is realizing you are better off suffering and killing the Apollinian intellect for good.Steal,destroy,inflict damage and die as fast as you can. Hold no feeligs towards no one, because they are not pure nor innocent. Fuck the Buddha.He should have known this.
>>
>>38990684
Because like is intrinsically meaningless and most of us don't have the will to give ourselves own own meaning.
>>
>>38990684
Top twenty percent takes advantage of the rest of the people, thus spoiling themselves ironically in the process.
>>
>>38990684
Because that stupid bitch ate the fucking apple.
>>
>>38990684
>Why are our lives filled with suffering?

Asking why isn't going to help you. There's no absolute answer to this question and considering it is largely a waste of time. A more skillful question to ask would be, "How can I transcend the inherent suffering of life?"
>>
File: 1NZI0h.jpg (259KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1NZI0h.jpg
259KB, 1024x682px
Three reasons:

First, because when you learn to be awesome - loving, happy, etc - despite finding yourself in a hellish situation, you grow so fucking much at your core. That's the primary purpose of life.

Secondly, and thirdly, suffering is part of this "video game" of life - you chose this life, we all did, because we candle it and its fun. Coming to this shitty world requires some real courage and as the deep Near-Death Experiencers say, we are stars just for daring to come here, and doing so is a privilege - like going to Harvard or Oxford.

We are role-playing a character in a society and in a world, all chosen before arriving in these bodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWIi6Pytde8

http://www.allaboutchristian.com/spirituality/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo8szDkpcsM
>>
>>38991429

That sounds nice until you realize that karmic rebirth is a core tenet of Buddhism. The worse you behave during this life, the worse your future lives will be.
>>
>>38990684
because we were created by a cruel, petty and jealous god who makes us suffer and forces us to worship him under threat of eternal torture
>>
>>38990730
falso
>>38990758
>african
>>38990886
this is a good one
>>38990921
ok
>>38990929
nah, you can feel bad without feeling good, you necessarily don't need experience to develop.
>>38990934
>everything is what I say it is, and I can't be proven wrong, so therefore I am right, also women are bad because they don't like 80 year old men
>>38990970
bull
>>38991089
prove it
>>38991115
nah, reproduction co-evolved and piggybacked
it's not primary and never will be, otherwise we'd reproduce like rabbits
>inb4 some do
no they don't, 20 kids isn't actually a lot. try 250.
try having sex 250 times.
in a day
>>38991275
no way man
it only gives you control over yourself, not the universe. you are so small that you can not see the universe for what it really is, to you it is a noose, strangling you with its size not because it is small but because it is physically large, which makes it rather metaphysically small, not a lot to discover which ends up making it metaphysically larger.
travel to an infinite series of planets, not a single one of them will contain (You).
>inb4 multiverse theory
It is not possible that things beyond this universe exist as they do in this universe. It is more likely that the laws of the other ones are different, thus ruling out anything remotely similar to us.
This is of course taking into consideration that there are probably like 10 other ones following the result of the collapse of the first vacuum.
>>38991429
there is so much more to life than living. nobility cometh from the next
You don't need an afterlife to strive for nobility.
death is a gift, an eternal rest for a heroic man who is eternally weary.
>>
>>38992065
>i am the dumb version of nietzsche
ok
prove it is meaningless.
>>
For reasons unannounced to you and perhaps to ends that you cannot comprehend.

I like to think of heaven as an after party in which the gravity of situation, context, disease, hatred, and other earthly chains are taken away and we can all have important conversations. We wouldn't have the anxiety of our secrets and decisions, we'd just talk like conversations about our real problems was the most normal occurrence in the world.

"Yeah, I cheated on you, I felt bad the whole time but you'd never understand that."
"I see, yeah, I wasn't ever able to forgive you. Haha"

As a whole, humanity would die at the same time as we sank back into the unity from which we sprang.

[/spoiler]We merge with the godhead to witness the grand machination play out with full comprehension[/spoiler]
>>
File: tumblr_oe57u6NrYZ1r7k4w8o4_500.jpg (91KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe57u6NrYZ1r7k4w8o4_500.jpg
91KB, 500x583px
>>38992664
Weary? Weary for who? For the rest? The people who believe themselves to be good while being blinded by false morality and being completely hipocritical? How do you define nobility? Am I noble If I reject the slaughter of animals but while being unaware of animal fat on soap? Am I noble if I spare some change for a homeless man while being unaware that the elite has the middle class as a wall for the poor? Shall I strive for eternal goals in this short unfair life? What about those who don't even comprehend nobility? All those who are claimed to be noble in history did some doubious things...
Remain ignorant.Destroy false morality,kill,steal,for we live in a post apocalyptic world.The native americans were already killed off,modern life is steuctured in the blood of innocents. Be careless,don't recycle, be promiscuous. Don't hold the world in your shoulders while it laughs at you. The Buddha died from eating pork,after all.In the post apocalyptic post contaminated industrial world everything is a social privilege,health is for the rich, and every ideal is hipocritical. Cast out these ideas,they are no longer valid.
>>
>>38992604
Let them be worse,I'll have you faggots fighting for my liberation till the end of times. Isn't that right? Till I'm not liberated you can't be liberated either. I'll behave as bad as I can,that way I'll make sure you learn your lesson.Never take responsbility for another human being filth. They enjoy,they gi to the cinema and fuck like rabbits while you think about things you are not even capable nor intended to know. You could die like Trotsky,writing an important manuscript comoletely unaware that your guard is going to bash a fucking log in your head. You are just a funny monkey. Play the game by ITS rules,the monks are funded by the states. In the XXI century you CANT escape HIPOCRISY. The maniacs killed spirituality.
>>
Because the universe is run by a mad man who sees our suffering as entertainment.
>>
>>38993260
Fuck God for being so sadistic
Fuck Nature for making genes compete with each other to the death
Fuck society for making people compete with each other for money and status
Fuck the universe for making us age till we can't even stand up
Fuck all these lies
Lies,lies all lies
>>
>>38990684
I have a more interesting question. Why do you think life is supposed to be filled with "love"? What even is that. I really hope nihilists are right and this life ends for good after death.
>>
Stuff hits other stuff.
This is the nature of physicality.
If stuff couldn't touch stuff, it wouldn't be physical.
Stoics claim it is best not to react, but organisms that do not react do not last long.
We suffer to move, to survive.
It motivates us.
>>
>>38990684
Because we have free will
>>
"All a man has to do to suffer for all eternity is to be born"
>>
>>38993367
Choosing between eating or dying is not free will. Just a cruel joke.
>>
File: epic.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
epic.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>38990684
Lack of understanding of Stoicism.
>>
>>38993417
What you don't wanna eat?
>>
>>38990758
>but anon wild animals have it worse than you
>>
>>38993450
I don't want to die in 100 years. I don't want to suffer from physical pain. Can I choose not to?
>>
>>38990758
hard to feel sympathy for them when they do it to themselves by having too many kids and refusing to use condoms (even when they're given to them). feed them right up, and they'll turn into happy go lucky normies. our sadness is a lot more complicated
>>
File: 1498114100188.png (289KB, 477x233px) Image search: [Google]
1498114100188.png
289KB, 477x233px
>>38993496
I'm a buddhist anon hehe xD, just relax haha, so,do you want your frappucino with chocolate sprinkles or strawberry syrup?
>>
>>38993508
You said "Want" twice.

You can choose your desires. Control your emotion to eliminate suffering. You choose to suffer. I choose not to.
>>
>>38993612
It was meant for the "why don't you want to eat" guy, sorry stoic-san. Besides,what's wrong with wanting to suffer ? Masochism makes us grow,like a sore muscle after a straining work out.Most Philosophers were rich or indulged in pleasures that pretty much lead to suffering.
>>
>>38990684
SkuII Crushing
>>
File: Screenshot_15.jpg (31KB, 602x402px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_15.jpg
31KB, 602x402px
>>38990758
"Things aren't always easy, champ. That's still no reason to complain. They need to pick themselves up, walk over to the food manager, stare him right in his jaundiced eye, and shake his bony, malnourished hand"
>>
>>38990684
we live, so we may know pain. Only then will we be able to experience happiness.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.