[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /r9k/ think about sports? In a general sense.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: charles barkley.jpg (423KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
charles barkley.jpg
423KB, 1920x1080px
What does /r9k/ think about sports? In a general sense.
>>
File: baseball shooting.jpg (181KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
baseball shooting.jpg
181KB, 1000x600px
I like listening to baseball on a staticky radio.
>>
I watch em fairly casually. Ranking goes
Soccer
Football
F1
Hockey
Womens team volleyball
March madness
Baseball
Niggerball finals

But I don't really give a shit. I've never understood how people get interested in the stats and shit. It's like autism for normal people.
>>
>>38989270

I watch it, follow it when it get interesting but its not something I obsess over or get mad at
>>
>>38989367
dude you watch 8 different sports leagues

thats autism
>>
>>38989426
Casually was the key word there.
I don't follow every game, or even most of them.
Euro soccer's on Saturday mornings, footballs on Sunday Monday and Thursday, F1 is during the summer, March madness is spring, women's team volleyball is never fucking televised except Olympics and world cups but if it was I'd follow it. Hockey I mostly just watch the Stanley Cup finals because it doesn't get a lot of tv coverage without special packages. Baseball is also summer and I only watch it when nohing else is on or if it's the world series. And the niggerball playoffs are spring.
>>
I've watched a few games on TV but we've got a local hockey and baseball team. The tickets are cheap and it's fun to go.
>>
I watch the NBA and NFL pretty regularly. MLB if my team is in the playoffs. Never Hockey or Golf fuck those gay ass sports. Soccer is alright if it's the World Cup.
>>
File: 1497225570578.png (242KB, 484x605px) Image search: [Google]
1497225570578.png
242KB, 484x605px
>>38989270
I used to watch them a lot more. I watch Nfl, ncaafb, and a little NBA. I'm in 1 money ff leauge.

I only really care about university of Utah football, I own like 5 items of clothing repping them... and I never went to school there.

I also find high level Dota as fascinating as any pro sport but I'm insane.
>>
>>38989270
I never cared about sports
>>
Pointless
Way too overrated
Annoying when you're out eating somewhere that has a TV and people are freaking the fuck out over a game
Also annoying when guys use sports for small talk, assuming every other guy in the world knows what's going on in the sports world
>>
>>38989270
I've never had any interests in sports. It's a normalfag interest/activity. I feel like how my parents feel about me playing videogames, they don't understand what is fun and cannot comprehend why I enjoy it so much and just see it as a huge waste of time. Sports is fucking BORING.
>>
>>38991314
at least video games are fully interactive whereas sports is the literal definition of being a couch potato

>b-b-but you can be social during a sports game!!

you can be social doing anything. and in those cases, nobody gives a shit about the sports game. I've gone to the sky deck at Coors Field here in denver with my brother and his friends and its just a fucking party up there. nobody gives a single fuck about the game.
>>
I like playing badminton, but the only sport I actually like watching is Super Monkey Ball
>>
Suppose I watch motorsport mostly. The highlight of my year is when the LeMans 24 hours comes around and Eurosport has 24hours coverage of the whole race. It's pretty nice.

I sometimes watch a soccer game if there is nothing else on and of a weekend I watch the football league highlights show mainly because I find the lower level teams stadiums rather comfy.
>>
I love sports.

The idea of picking a side and rooting for them to destroy the other to become lone victors in a league of many really appeals to me.

Its kinda like politics except somebody actually wins.
>>
>>38991314

I like sports and vydias and let me tell you that you are very wrong.

Sport and e-Sports have something in common and it's the competence and adrenaline you feel while playing.

> anon that likes to watch and practice e-sports but also soccer
>>
File: d0bd0adeef40f94f64c30001ad8d7a39.png (943KB, 1050x1580px) Image search: [Google]
d0bd0adeef40f94f64c30001ad8d7a39.png
943KB, 1050x1580px
TRUBISKY

I hate playing sports but I love watching NFL and UFC
there's proper contact, and they don't saturate you with games
each game has value and high stakes, helps you immerse
>>
>>38991651
E-sports is fucking cancer mate. I hate both sports and e-sports equally, did nothing good and only brought droves of insufferable cunts to the internet that spout their shitty cancerous Twitch memes/emotes. Sports are just fucking boring to watch and normalfags seem to love it and mostly use it as an excuse to have their boring parties and blast normalfag music while not giving a shit about the game anyways. Both are shit and I will never ever stop thinking their not shit so go suck a dick with "you're wrong".
>>
>>38989270
I'll watch a sport if I run across it on TV, but the only sports I'll seek out are football and auto racing. I also play ultimate frisbee since the community is nice to me even though I'm mediocre.
>>
important outlet for male violence and tribalism desu

>>38991725
wait that's not how you spell MAHOMES II
>>
File: asset.jpg (1MB, 1612x2149px) Image search: [Google]
asset.jpg
1MB, 1612x2149px
>>38991902
Or nah

#H2P
>>
id rather watch esports but i dont even want to watch that so
>>
I only care about boxing, and baseball if I go to the game.
>>
>>38989270
I casually watch basketball and some /heem/. A friend tried to get me into watching the Premier League but my ignorance of the rules and culture is getting in the way of my enjoyment.
I used to play a lot of basketball when I was in my early teens, but as the other kids became more and more "serious", my interest waned. I couldn't understand why they'd like to go hard on you for a pick-up game, to the point that you could get injured. I also couldn't understand why they spend so much time on it as if they'll all become pros when it's clear they don't have the proper dedication. When people started talking more about expensive fucking shoes than actually knowing more about teams, is when I really lost interest.
>>
File: Ljf7khJ.jpg (130KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
Ljf7khJ.jpg
130KB, 500x669px
>>38989270
watching the nba is all i do with my life

also chuck is my waifu
>>
File: 159.png (46KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
159.png
46KB, 300x100px
Been a casual NBA fan since one day I randomly cracked nba2k14
dunno, it helps to have something to get hyped about
>>
I'm a pretty big fan of hockey, baseball and football (real football, not the European pansy ball).

I find them to be a good distraction from my shit life.
>>
>>38992319
>real football, not the European pansy ball
come on senpai, I have no love for Football (soccer) but if one of those two have to be called Football it's definitely not the American one.
>>
>Religious tier:
College football. Go 'cats.

>Will watch on TV:
Olympics
March Madness
MLB Playoffs when the Cubs are playing

>Will go to the games in person a few times a year but don't care enough to consistently watch on TV:
Baseball
College Basketball
Ice Hockey
Rugby
Soccer
(in that order)
>>
Was a die hard sports fan back in my teen years. My TV was on ESPN or some sporting event probably 99% of the time.

Kind of grew out of it as I got older though. I still casually follow sports. I check standings every once in a while and often have sports on tv in the background while I do other things. But it's lost some appeal for sure.

I think part of my decrease in interest is due to just becoming a more practical person and realizing that the outcome of a sporting event has no impact on my life. It's just entertainment. And it's also partly because I moved away from a big city with lots of teams to a small town with no teams.
>>
I watch them all. I grew up in an NBA town to NFL/MLB fan parents and sports are basically a coping mechanism for me. I can always lose myself in a great game. I even watch golf tournaments, today was the first day of the PGA Championship at Quail Hollow Country Club.

Nothing has helped me out of a depression more than sports. Just spending an entire Sunday doing nothing but watching football is honestly the greatest feeling in the world to me and I feel bad for robots who scoff at sports and don't understand how great they are as a mechanism of escapism
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.