[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here go to an Ivy League school? What's it like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

Does anyone here go to an Ivy League school? What's it like?
>>
>>38989176
Now post the statistic that says rich people are the reason "normal" people don't get into ivy league school and it has nothing to do with non white students.
>>
>>38989176
yeah, in a few decades, the ivy leagues will be no more than expensive schools for spics and niggers who'll think it still has a name. So called equality and diversity ruined it

also lol@ limiting thre number of whites and asians, who I guess arent minorities now
>>
>>38989201
Rich people are smarter and better than us, they don't need affirmative action. Non-whites are not smarter and only get in because they're shitskins
>>
>>38989275
The problem is they aren't. A rich person with low grade will get into a better school than you because school need money and use them as walking advertisement..

>>38989230
Harvard is 47% white and 17% asian what are you on about?
>>
There are many Asians and Jews. The blacks are either athletes or rich """blacks""" like Rashida Jones. All I did was study, I did well and got a good job right out of school. I make decent money and frequently go on sex tourism trips.

>inb4 w-w-what are you doing here?

I am a short asian male, why are you here?
>>
>>38989275
>nepotism and daddy's money
>expensive tutors and cheating
>"rich people are smarter and better"
Wew
>>
>>38989176
haha oh man don't they have like scholarships niggers can get just because they're niggers? wow i guess black people really are the oppressed ones
>>
>>38989319
Fundamentally untrue, rich people have better genetics, nutrition, access to other education and things like that. They're just better than the average person

>>38989351
>>nepotism and daddy's money
>>expensive tutors and cheating
nepotism is just a euphemism for superior genetics

daddies money buys things that turn the rich into better humans

they're just better than us
>>
>>38989331
What were your test scores? I got a 2130 and got rejected by all the Ivies I applied to.
>>
>>38989319
>Harvard is 47% white and 17% asian what are you on about

so 46% equality and diversity? College is about making those with potential to get them realized= their potential. Guarantee most of them will drop out at some point
>>
>>38989390
(You) can't possibly be this indoctrinated. I'm calling troll.
>>
>>38989390
>nepotism is just a euphemism for superior genetics

No. While it's true that self-made millionaires and the like tend to be more intelligent than the average population, their children tend to be just spoiled average cunts. Regression to the mean means that the children of rich people oftentimes won't be as spectacular as their parents. Tell me that all of our presidents(or at least their children) are all Superior human beings and not trust fund babies riding off of Mommy and daddy's legacy
>>
>>38989461
>so 46% equality and diversity?

It's higher than any other race at Harvard. Asian is the second highest at 17%. So white people are the majority at Harvard.
>>
>>38989539

George H and George W
Check mate nigger
>>
>>38989461
Harvard and many other Ivy league schools have excellent retention rates. Even though they may not be taking in the cream of the crop, they still probably pull in ambitious enough students to get through their programs. Not just that, but most Ivy leagues, especially Harvard, are notorious for grade inflation.
>>
It's overrated as fuck, you get basically the same thing you would get anywhere else only they use the "ivy league" status to charge you 100x more. Don't fall for it
>>
>>38989539
>>38989571
Really though, the Bush's are an excellent example of the rich being superior. They have produced nothing but excellence going back to Samuel P. Bush
>>
>>38989570

Now take out their diversity/equality BS and see if they still make the cut.

>>38989591
No shit, thats what $35k a year
>>
>>38989331
>I make decent money and frequently go on sex tourism trips.

Let me guess.. Cambodia and Philippines?
>>
>>38989571
>hurr durr they're stupid because le texan accent xxDD

Both Bush Jr and Sr are Yale graduates.
>>
>>38989598
>, you get basically the same thing you would get anywhere else

You get better mentors. By better I mean by being mentor by them will probably get you better high paying jobs.
>>
>>38989620

Yeah they are one of the 13 famiies. Only fuck up is Jeb and his guacamole
>>
>46%
Many of those are Jewish, as in, not white. There is massive Jewish nepotism at Ivy League schools to keep whites gentiles and Asians out. If not for this, Harvard's incoming class would look a whole lot more like MIT's or Caltech's. Jews are massively over-represented relative to their achievement. Read The Myth of American Meritocracy.
>>
>>38989625
>Now take out their diversity/equality BS and see if they still make the cut.

They do since (back to my original point) It's wealthy people who statistic don't belong. That black kid in Harvard probably has better grade and worked harder then dude bro rich kid.
>>
>>38989620
>>38989637

Lol. It's well know Dubya was an average C student. The guy showed his stupidity multiple times during his presidency.
>>
>>38989176
>tfw looking at grad schools
>mfw several of the ivy leagues are a literal cash cow meme for my field
feels weird
>>
File: JebBush.jpg (10KB, 170x227px) Image search: [Google]
JebBush.jpg
10KB, 170x227px
>>38989647
>Only fuck up is Jeb and his guacamole

You've gotta feel sorry for pool little Jeb. He was daddy's favourite. He was the smart one. He was the one who REALLY wanted to be President.

In 1994, both Jeb and W ran to be Governor of Florida and of Texas, respectively. Jeb lost his race and had to run again in 1999. But W won his, and was suddenly, unexpectedly in prime position to become the next President. By the time Jeb finally became Governor of a state, it was too late. W was already the frontrunner, and he couldn't run against his brother anyway. If Jeb had have won his 1994 race for Governor, he would have been the nominee in 2000 rather than W.

If I was Jeb I legitimately think I would kill myself from the shame.
>>
>>38989658
Jew are intellectually Superior to whites. The reason they populate Ivy Leagues is because they are better. They are better fit for becoming the leaders of the country in general
>>
>>38989780
>He was daddy's favourite.

really? never heard this before
>>
>>38989176
Gee, i'm sure they all got in on merit, and definitely not by lowering standards to fill quotas.
>>
>>38989854
There are caps on Asians, quotas for victim races like blacks and hispanics, and bonus points for being Jewish.
>>
>>38989390
>nepotism is just a euphemism for superior genetics
This is absolutely not true. However, I do believe there is a heavy correlation between intelligence and wealthiness, and one naturally follows the other. There's a reason Jews, who are known to score abnormally high on IQ tests, end up being good with money.
>>
>>38989795
>HE HAS THE PHENOTYPE
B I G
>>
There is a huge favor against Asians in ivy league schools and Asians still make up a large majority lmao
>>
>going to ivycuck
Why not just go to a decent public school like Berkeley or Michigan? Costs much less and you'll essentially have the same. A lot of my coworkers went to ivies and ended up in the same place as me
>>
>>38990108
Berkeley and MIchigan are not 'decent' public schools. They are the top public universities in the nation that reject 70%+ applicants.
>>
In this day and age you would have to be retarded to shill out the money for an Ivy league school. You're just doing what (((they))) want you to
>>
File: rly makes u think.png (14KB, 710x141px) Image search: [Google]
rly makes u think.png
14KB, 710x141px
>>38989176

> people arguing about this google memo
> meanwhile in the real world....
>>
>>38990133
Which is around the same as the lower ivys. I'm talking about people who actually can get accepted into ivys in the first place, not those who don't have a choice. Even schools like ucsd will get you far
>>
>>38990108
>Berkeley

Theyre even worst

>>38990175
I think thats why they want mexicans and blacks there. Dont have to deal with scholarships and they usualy graduate in more than 4+ years
>>
I go to a school that's ranked 11 on us news (liberal arts but meh). For undergrad at least it's the same quality education for like the top 100. All you pay for is the better connections and possibly better resources (I.e access to cutting edge research labs)
>>
>>38990175
Ivy league education is only significantly better than a regular education if you're a type a personality who is extremely extroverted. Obviously this isn't the case because you are on 4chan and haven't uttered a sentence over seven syllables in years.
>>
File: the-young-pope.jpg (69KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
the-young-pope.jpg
69KB, 1280x738px
>>38989176
>The word "Harvard" may impress people around here, but to an American, it means one thing only: decline.
>>
>>38989444
Perfect scores, perfect GPA, I treated test prep and high school like grinding an MMO. This actually got me to quit MMOs.

>>38989626
Central and Eastern Europe. I am an Ivy League graduate, I deserve blue and green eyed females.

>>38990108
>>38990133
Ivy League schools can be the cheapest option for some
https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/how-aid-works/harvard-financial-aid-initiative

>if your family earns less than $65,000 per year, your parents pay nothing for you to attend Harvard.

This is race blind, by the way.
>>
File: image.jpg (339KB, 579x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
339KB, 579x750px
I go to a hidden ivy in the northeast, ama.

Ask questions more specific than "what's it like?"
>>
>>38989805
Other than the film "W", where that was one of the main plot points, I've never heard it before either.
>>
>>38991265
They don't let poor people in though. The percentage of students receiving pell grants at Ivies is <10%, while more than 40% of students overall receive pell grants. Also, if I was rich I'd much rather pay 20k/year for a state school than 70k/year for some fancy private.
>>
>>38989444
I got a 2330 and was #2 in my class and got rejected by all 3 of the Ivies I applied to.
>>
>>38991879
Where did you end up going? I chose to attend URochester over the other 2 state schools that accepted me (Binghamton and Stony Brook).
>>
>>38991393
>I go to a hidden ivy in the northeast, ama.
Why didn't you go to a better school?
>>
>>38991879
>>38989444
>tfw I got 2050 and went to Northwestern.

Yeah I know it's not an Ivy but it still had
a single digit acceptance. Sue me.
>>
>>38991981
I probably wouldn't have been accepted and even if I was, I didn't want to be the dumbest one there. Not sure if you're trolling but that's my honest answer.
>>
>>38992046
>Not sure if you're trolling but that's my honest answer.
Yeah I am, those are all great schools.

Also my dad asked a dude from one of those schools the same question in a job interview just to troll the guy. He basically gave the same answer as you did and got the job.
>>
>>38989461
>46%
36% bud 5551
>>
File: image.jpg (701KB, 750x779px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
701KB, 750x779px
>>38992089
Honesty is probably my best virtue, what are you doing this fine night, anon?
>>
File: IMG_0971.jpg (133KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0971.jpg
133KB, 800x1100px
>>38989176
Naval Academy isn't Ivy but I see some Ivy+ in here so what the hell. AMA
>>
>>38992297
Watching the Late Show and casual shitposting. I have two weeks until I start my job and most of my friends are working right now, so honestly I'm just killing time. How about you anon?

>>38992304
Do you know what specialty you're interested in yet? Speaking of jobs I'm heading to OCS in a couple weeks. I'm constantly surprised by how many Navy guys are on /r9k/.
>>
>>38990175
tfw I only spend ~ 6k a year to go to an ivy tier school and that includes room & board + food
>>
ivies aren't even top tier for the programs i was interested in
>>
>>38992304
What types of classes do you guys take? Apologies if it's a dumb question, but I legitimately have no idea
>>
>>38992465
Navy aviation. My older brother is doing Marine NROTC, he also posts here I think.

>>38992747
Depends on major, but the "core" shit is like Calc 1, 2, and 3, Chemistry (evil), Physics 1 and 2, naval weapons systems, various humanities stuff, etc etc. If you do a liberal arts major you've generally gotta minor in a language too. I'm doing Chinese.
>>
>>38992910
I'm almost positive that I talked to your brother on here a couple nights ago. Good luck with your studies dude.
>>
>>38992985
If he mentioned tanks then it's problably him. Fucking ground pounder.
He's also a "lolicon" (obvious pedo lmao) and likes to make it known. Bit of a freak but Marines are retarded anyways. Dunno why he's always on here since he's had gfs though.
>>
>>38992985
>>38993058
Oh yeah, forgot to ask, what specialty are you doing? Another robot aviator would be rad.
Good luck to you too.
>>
>>38989176
Rich white kids and arabian princes mixed with poor people who got in on diversity cred coupled with high suicide rates

The people who worked for it went to some second tier college like UCLA
>>
>>38993088
He referred to himself as a retarded jarhead or something and then talked about modern armor. The main giveaway though was that he mentioned having a brother doing aviation in Annapolis.

Also I'm going to be a nuke, so make of that as you will. Your life post-commissioning will probably be a lot more exciting than mine, but fuck it I'm excited.
>>
>>38989390
if u want to check the rich turn into better humans check the PhD aceptance rates on Harvard, not the degrees.

J.W Bush went at Harvard and became acoholice while studing there, nothing more to be said
>>
>>38993344
The nuke guys are known as kinda nerdy around here, but you do have to be smart as fuck to really get into it, so power to you. Being locked in a metal tube isn't much my thing, but it's better than infantry or shit like that. Navy all the way.

Fair warning, some of the guys coming from here are really self-righteous and uptight, so keep an eye out on them.
>>
>>38993536
The metal tube thing was obviously a pretty huge consideration, but I've been watching Star Trek on Netflix and the whole "endurance spaceship type mission" thing has gotten me really excited. The nerdy thing doesn't bug me too much haha.

Aviation sounds really great and I imagine you probably get access to a lot of the coolest missions, but I hate takeoffs and landings in normal commercial flights so I'd probably shit myself if I ever had to land on a carrier. Props to you though.
>>
>>38989444
>2130
Nigga that's still pretty low by Ivy standards.
>>
>>38989444
>2130
Dude, that's awful. Not even enough to get into a mid-tier public school.
>>
File: 1502389279277.png (4KB, 234x287px) Image search: [Google]
1502389279277.png
4KB, 234x287px
>>38989795
>Jews are intellectually Superior to whites. The reason they populate Ivy Leagues is because they are better. They are better fit for becoming the leaders of the country in general
>>
A few dozen kids from my high school went to ivy leagues. I would never want to be there with them because they are all disgusting human beings
>>
>>38989230
This. West coast will be the new Ivy League in a couple of decades
Stanford
Cal
USC
UCLA
UCSD
And maybe some others
>>
File: LOLtruth.jpg (43KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
LOLtruth.jpg
43KB, 500x345px
They literally are bringing in monkeys. This is how idiocracy begins.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.