[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meta

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: META.png (11KB, 742x474px) Image search: [Google]
META.png
11KB, 742x474px
There isn't enough discussion about meta topics here, like linguistics: language about language, using words to discuss words.

Here's a meta thread. Have a ball.

[spoil]And come back.[/spoil]
>>
>>38981510
Nice spoil faggot
>>
A meta-analysis is a statistical analysis that combines the results of multiple scientific studies.

The basic tenet behind meta-analyses is that there is a common truth behind all conceptually similar scientific studies, but which has been measured with a certain error within individual studies. The aim then is to use approaches from statistics to derive a pooled estimate closest to the unknown common truth based on how this error is perceived. In essence, all existing methods yield a weighted average from the results of the individual studies and what differs is the manner in which these weights are allocated and also the manner in which the uncertainty is computed around the point estimate thus generated. In addition to providing an estimate of the unknown common truth, meta-analysis has the capacity to contrast results from different studies and identify patterns among study results, sources of disagreement among those results, or other interesting relationships that may come to light in the context of multiple studies.[1]

A key benefit of this approach is the aggregation of information leading to a higher statistical power and more robust point estimate than is possible from the measure derived from any individual study. However, in performing a meta-analysis, an investigator must make choices which can affect the results, including deciding how to search for studies, selecting studies based on a set of objective criteria, dealing with incomplete data, analyzing the data, and accounting for or choosing not to account for publication bias.[2]

Meta-analyses are often, but not always, important components of a systematic review procedure. For instance, a meta-analysis may be conducted on several clinical trials of a medical treatment, in an effort to obtain a better understanding of how well the treatment works.
>>
File: MetaKnightBrawl.jpg (10KB, 250x151px) Image search: [Google]
MetaKnightBrawl.jpg
10KB, 250x151px
>>38981510
Psssh, nothing personal kid
originalllometa
>>
>>38981559

You want me to read all that shit, by you?
>>
for meta is my joy
for meta why i cry
for meta is my friend
to whom i never said goodbye
>>
>>38981588
>brainlet the post
try harder
>>
>>38981588
Especially when it was all copied from Wikipedia.
>>
Methadone, sold under the brand name Dolophine, among others, is an opioid used to treat pain and as maintenance therapy or to help with tapering in people with opioid dependence.[3] Detoxification using methadone can either be done relatively rapidly in less than a month or gradually over as long as six months. While a single dose has a rapid effect, maximum effect can take five days of use. The effects last about six hours after a single dose and a day and a half after long-term use in people with normal liver function. Methadone is usually taken by mouth and rarely by injection into a muscle or vein.
>>
Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy exploring the fundamental nature of reality.[1]

While various views and methods have been called 'metaphysics' across history, this article approaches metaphysics first from the perspective of contemporary analytical philosophy, and then explores metaphysics in other traditions. In this vein, metaphysics seeks to answer two basic questions:[2]

Ultimately, what is there?
What is it like?

Topics of metaphysical investigation include existence, objects and their properties, space and time, cause and effect, and possibility. A central branch of metaphysics is ontology, the investigation into the basic categories of being and how they relate to one another.

There are two broad conceptions about what "world" is studied by metaphysics. The strong, classical view assumes that the objects studied by metaphysics exist independently of any observer, so that the subject is the most fundamental of all sciences. The weaker, more modern view assumes that the objects studied by metaphysics exist inside the mind of an observer, so the subject becomes a form of introspection and conceptual analysis. Some philosophers, notably Kant, discuss both of these "worlds" and what can be inferred about each one.

Some philosophers and scientists, such as the logical positivists, reject the entire subject of metaphysics as meaningless, while others disagree and think that it is legitimate.

Ps: Metapuns are fun
>>
This board was better before the roasties.
I miss meta, it was really great aspect.
The board isn't the same without it.
>>
File: bee-yourself-2713479.png (29KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
bee-yourself-2713479.png
29KB, 500x663px
metamorphasis? yes?
>>
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Is this meta enough? I'll bet my slavic ass it is.
>>
>>38981682
My french ass isn't pleased, there's no meta frogs
>>
meta-phoricaally? no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmLEbt8QZLc
>>
I think you're all gay.
Since I believe homosexuality is wrong, I guess I have an opined pedestal over the rest of you.
I mean, it's not my fault you guys like dick. Like fuck man, you wanna be gay, be gay. Just don't bring me into it, alright? NOT interested!
>>
ITT: autism.

COME BACK
>>
So how do we purge the normies off /r9k/?

This has to be done.
>>
>>38981757
Mostly depressive with no meta in my life.
>>
>>38981740
Don't make me bust out the Kinsey Scale.
>>
>>38981740
it aint gay to wanna fuck a man some times dude.
>>
>>38981782
Ikr famalam.

WE NEED META BACK
>>
>>38981801

What's that meme?

Don't know, but like it.

COME BACK!
>>
>>38981799
It's not gay unless the balls touch.

This is a rule my father has taught me. It probably comes from experience. I will teach my son too. By experience.
>>
>>38981787

You want bust one out? It's not gay if we don't kiss.
>>
>>38981757
You could try out-debating me, but it would be like trying to fill the ocean with marbles. You would need a lot of marbles.
Try lowering the quality of your posts, I say. You feel less bad about others shitposting if you also just shitpost. It's like that, you little safe-space clingy hanky-panky twink dog-licker. Burn or be burned
Yeah bitches, I'm the man. I am most eloquent among these masses, and so people should listen to me.
>>
>>38981825
META PLEASE COME HOME
MISSIN YOU FO SO LONG
RUNAWAY COME HOME
>>
>>38981830
Only french people kiss on each other's kiss to say hello.

>frenchy here
>>
>>38981855
If by marbles you mean shit, we can do it.

The point is, normies can never take this place though. So let them have their fun. They are only flies.
>>
this is metASMR radio coming to you live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDxhugRKZ8g
>>
>>38981863
It was actually a common joke in the eastern europe about high ranking soviet officials kissing it out.

So not just French apparently.
>>
Meta rhymes with beta...is it beta to be meta? Or is it meta to be beta? M'beta?
>>
>>38981889
Maybe you misunderstood what I was saying.
You weren't too far off, but we must make a crucial separation of flies and who's fly. There are about 200-500 flies for every "fly". The duty of the fly one, in this case myself, is to diligently serve little kids who get too high on the horse.
Any kid who looks less fly than you on this scale becomes a fly relative to your flyness. In my case, I look around and see only flies. This gives me many opportunities to flex my immense power, but as a result I must always be ready to serve.
You guys have it easy as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>38981977
check'd
meta betta hurry back
ASMR is about to come on.
>>
>>38982009

Not if this shit keeps fucking up.

>no route

Fuck that shit.
>>
File: scott norwood wide right sads.jpg (61KB, 619x628px) Image search: [Google]
scott norwood wide right sads.jpg
61KB, 619x628px
>>38982051
it would be metaphysically possible for it to work, but it doesn't seem to be in the cards
you are a good meta, please come back
>>
>>38982134

Metapsychically? Maybe.
>>
>>38982537
Did someone say metapsychics?
>>
>>38982598
BAZINGA
RUNAWAY COME HOME
>>
Muh shitposting shitposts.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.