[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the /r9k/ verdict on smoking? Cool, dangerous, both?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

File: 1024px-No_Smoking.svg.png (53KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-No_Smoking.svg.png
53KB, 1024x1024px
What is the /r9k/ verdict on smoking? Cool, dangerous, both?
>>
a board can't have a verdict on something. surprisingly an anonymous imageboard attracts people from all walks of life with different opinions
>>
>>38978098
Dangerous. It's cool or lame depending on your social circle and geographic location.
>>
File: 1502340800967.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1502340800967.png
18KB, 509x411px
>>38978098
Don't do it. I started when I was 13 for the "cool kid" meme. Now I'm 25 with shitty breathing and I'm still a loser.
>>
>>38978129
I just want a discussion tbqh. I know there's not gonna be a consensus
>>
>>38978223
fair enough but the way you phrased your question is just asking to start an argument over if smoking is "r9k approved" whatever that means

personally I would never smoke as both of my parents do and i've seen first hand what it does to you
>>
I smoked for 7 years and I feel like dogshit most of the time because of it. I'm on day 5 of no smoking (though I do use those shitty disposable e-cigarettes when the urges get too strong). This time it is going to stick, guys. I'm never smoking again. I'm getting off this shitty ride.
>>
>>38978391
Good luck anon! You can do it! Oregano!
>>
>>38978098
>causes (((early death))) in 50% of long term smokers
>50 50 means coin toss
>coin toss is a simulation of random chance
It's safe. Especially second hand of which would be thousands of times less potent.

Now unban ecigs idiot boomers and autists. We had cigarette vending machines in the 80s, reminder.
>>
Annoying when addicted, calming and tasting good when occassionally (+good tobacco).
>>
>>38978391
Day 7 and 8 will eat you alive but if you follow through you WILL feel amazing
>been clean for 9 months
I can smell flowers without putting them inside my nose
>>
verdict: everything physical is twice as unpleasant. you get randomly sick during the summer, your lungs will inflame but you'll think its something else: it's the cigs.
it basically kills your ability to sneeze and smell yourself, you can, but sneezing is rare and smelling yourself is harder.
suppresses appetite, fatigues your body.

what was the final straw for me was the price. i bought a pack one day and a bag of chips and realized i had spent 10 fucking dollars on just those 2 things.
after that i literally said "im done", then quit cold turkey after that pack.
>>
>>38978623
So how much weight ya gained? :^)
>>
>>38978666
from quitting smoking? none.

i'm a really athletic person, so i'm kind of an outlier. i could definitely see other people gaining weight from quitting.
>>
Cool, goes well with me because everyone sees me as a tough motherfucker and it compliments it, I don't think it is dangerous, maybe I just think so because I'm only 18 and still in school I need attention help me
>>
"Ay, you smoke?"

"Smoke what?"
>>
I can't live without the nicotine. I need a cleaner stim.
>>
>>38978098
Weed is acceptable, but all smoking is still frowned on by the highest quality qts.
>>
I've smoked for a year now and I'm still sort of enjoying it.
It gives me a reason to go outside every now and again and I've had more conversations with strangers with one almost hookup. Also I lost 5 kilos.
>>
File: 1423385361366.jpg (30KB, 490x367px) Image search: [Google]
1423385361366.jpg
30KB, 490x367px
>>38978689
>an athletic smoker
>>
>>38978098
Just don't smoke too much. It's obviously dangerous, but it seems very dependent on genetics. Some people might get ill at 30, where as my grandmother is 77 and has smoked since she was 13, as of the last time I saw her she seemed fine.

If you're going to smoke, do it in moderation, no more than 1-2 cigarettes a day, you'll feel less shit.
>>
Stupid to do, especially if you're trying to look 'cool' but damn, does that clear mind feeling feel good.
>>
Started smoking because I thought it was cool, but now it just gives me something to do on my breaks when I'm bored. Plus it's enjoyable, so if it kills me early whatever, not trying to live long anyways
>>
It's the ultimate normalfag hobby
>>
>>38978851
Oh god no, if anything it's something most normies frown upon these days.
>>
I used to do that for four years and I am slowly recovering. Started at university, and many times, it has been a good way of coping with the stress when you don't have time to do anything that really relieves the stress. Nowadays, I only smoke when one of my few smoker friends come around, which is once a week at best. I still feel shitty when I do but it's a huge social component for me and I don't know how to quit completely.
>>
>>38978879 See my redpill post below:
>>38978519
>>
>>38978519
There are quicker ways to kill yourself. Ways that don't cause me to pass out.
>>
>>38978741
You mean all those highest quality qts that are just waiting for a robot to show up?

So, none?
>>
I don't smoke, I've tried it and it was nice, why bother not smoking
>>
>>38978800
yeah, no paradox could possibly exist in our world! so farfetched!
>>
the people you find in smoking areas tend to be quite friendly and non-judgemental
takes the awkward edge off when talking to strangers if you're both having a cigarette also
>>
Smoking cigarettes is an incredible waste of money for little reward and a great number of potential health consequences.
There are good things about smoking though, like smoking in public and choking out, and hopefully harming normans with secondhand smoke
>>
>>38978280
Smoking has never been so sharp an indicator for lower class status than it is today.
>>
Well, it certainly isn't cool anymore. Only old people do it, and us under-30s just laugh at them for being so behind the times.

Apparently it's cool to vape now instead, which sucks, because before the vape thing it just wasn't cool to smoke in public at all, which was a mercy for my lungs. Now I've gotta breathe it chemical garbage that smells like dollar store strawberry air fresheners instead of just tar.
>>
>>38978519
>Now unban ecigs
Where are you that Ecigs are banned?
>>
What do you think the possibility of ecigs causing super cancer is?
>>
Question for smokers: do you like smoking itself or more the nicotine? What is the nicotine gum like? How come that hasn't caught on?
>>
>>38979467

Nicotine gum is a slow release. Cigarettes give you the nicotine in one big burst. Also, the act and ritual of smoking is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>38978098
Only retards waste their money on smoking. It's not 1950 Anon. Get a real drug.
>>
>>38979372

T. fat virgin who eats fastfood every single day with all these chemicals in it

"B-but i dont put others in danger!"
Srsly, secondhand smoking in the open isnt that dangerous.
If you think otherwise: stop walking through the city with those dirty dirty gasses from cars or just stop breathibg altogether.
>>
>>38979381
>no smoking e-cigs at the bus stop
Of which is outside. It's ridiculous in alot of areas how much shit they give people. Actual cigs can get you fired from jobs and thus are practically banned, and now they're treating e-cigs, of which are over 90 percent safer studies have said, as a normal cigarette. They're practically banned, seeing as how they never banned (((controlled substances))) if you think about it. If you're only allowed to do it in private, then it may as well be meth. And, even with cigs you get shit over the smell and apartments don't let you smoke, so that'll be e-cigs too, because they have a certain smell.

And they want people to be twenty one to buy them in certain areas, they are lobbying for that too, with normal cigs at least.

If you wait until your twenties to do something then you'll pretty much never do it. They are trying to phase it out; why they raised booze to that age, as if anyone waits until twenty one, why it never phased out.

Le rant over.
>>
>>38979467
It's definitely the act, nicotine is fine in the start, but it's effects gradually disappear the longer you smoke.
>>
File: lain29.jpg (66KB, 760x540px) Image search: [Google]
lain29.jpg
66KB, 760x540px
>>38979699
>Le rant
>that spacing
>>
File: 1472604827991.jpg (155KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1472604827991.jpg
155KB, 500x492px
>>38980437
Something wrong anonyfaggot?

http://www.strawpoll.me/5483070/r
>>
File: 1502249020540.png (1MB, 969x1589px) Image search: [Google]
1502249020540.png
1MB, 969x1589px
>>38978391
If you give up I'll kill you.
>>
Smells disgusting most of the time
>>
File: 1474130397645.jpg (74KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
1474130397645.jpg
74KB, 737x758px
I hate myself and want to die but I'm too much of a pussy to commit suicide so I smoke instead
>>
>>38978098
Ultimate bluepill and the most cuck thing to do ever invented.

>hey tobacco industry, how about I PAY YOU to ruin my health, make me smell like shit and turn me into a disgusting addict?
>>
I only smoke 3-4 cigs a day, I should be ok, right?
Only people who get cancer are those are retards and go pack a day
>>
>>38980928
i smoke, but i hate the smell of cigarette smoke
it disgusts me to be around smokers if I'm not smoking myself, but once i start smoking my ability to smell disappears.
i'll never understand why people smoke in their own homes or cars, the scent leaches into the walls and fabrics and never comes out
>>
>>38981074

You're going to get addicted, that's how I started out.

I only started smoking because I was depressed and nicotine helps surprisingly well with that. Going to try to quit at the end of the year however.

Going to my doctor to get some drug that is supposed to help me quit. NRT's (Nicotine replacement therapy) doesn't work and it's a jewish ploy to get money.
>>
>like the smell of cig smoke
>don't see myself alive 3 years from now

Is there any reason not to start? What should be my first brand?
>>
File: spingbill squabpints.jpg (38KB, 583x494px) Image search: [Google]
spingbill squabpints.jpg
38KB, 583x494px
>>38981074
>he doesnt want to die early
why are you even here?
>>
>>38981712

You going to kill yourself? If you start smoking your depression will go away and you won't want to kill yourself....

I'm not from America so I don't know what brands they have there but Marlboro reds is the only American one I know of.

They probably have packs of 20's or 25's or something. Just go to the counter and say Malboro reds 20's.
>>
>>38978098
If you're doing it to be "cool," you're doing it for the wrong reasons. I smoke cigars and pipes because it's relaxing. I like the tastes, and it can also help me focus if I have to study.
>>
>>38981783
I'll kill myself within the next few years, I know it, life has nothing to offer the likes of me. But if smoking makes my depression go away then so be it, I also only know of Marlboro reds, so thats why I'm asking for recommendations. I also need a lighter, I'll probably just get the disposable ones for now
>>
>>38982010
Buy a zippo. Especially since they're so freaking cheap in the states. I paid around 50 euros for mine, but I can say it has been worth it.
>>
>>38982041
>>38982010

Don't do this, you don't want to be refilling a zippo all the time.

They're good novelties but just by a bic lighter.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.