[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever considered just dropping everything and remove

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1491572292838.jpg (421KB, 1800x1322px) Image search: [Google]
1491572292838.jpg
421KB, 1800x1322px
Have you ever considered just dropping everything and remove yourself completely for society and becoming a Buddhist or Franciscan Monk? If you haven`t considered it, have you at least had these thoughts? As if, fuck it, I`m gonna drop everything and live with nothing anymore
>>
>>38973484
I've always thought of living in a forest, alone, but not this
>>
>>38973484
That's the plan, basically, yeah. hope it works out, I might be leaving as soon as two weeks. Or not at all if I am not accepted.
>>
>>38973484
All the time anon. Iif i didnt have debt i would just drop everythink and roam. How long do you have to be missing before youre legally dead?
>>
>>38974305
Simply hide in jungle or on some island in Oceania.. Get there by a raft on your own. They won't be able to track you and you'll live a happy life with coconuts, crabs, coconut crabs, black women who don't understand you a think and you won't have to worry about your dept anymore. Easy life man, go for it
>>
>>38973484
Wouldn't mind that, especially since I'm a neet so in a sense I'm already removed from society .
>>
>>38973484
Yes. I've always looked up to monks. I think I could do well with less stuff. I like to fantasize about owning a small apartment with the absolute essentials and maybe a laptop
>>
Part of me just wants to change my name, get a new identity, learn a new language, and go to another country and blend in there -- as stupid and unreasonable this probably is, it is nevertheless nice to to explore.

But I doubt most of you can stand a minute without hi-speed Internet and your Western creature comforts, so this would be a pipe dream.
>>
>>38973484
It's a typical unhealthy reaction to anxiety. I like to fantasize about it, but I know it would be detrimental to my life.
If it was really our calling, then we would have done something about it by now.
>>
Out of college in a year. It's been my dream for as long as I can remember to save up money and build an underground home in the middle of nowhere. I really hope I can do this. I'll certainly be trying.
Being a monk would be cool. I'd like it, just chilling with other monks and gardening, meditating, whatever. Seems fun, but I don't know how long I could go without the internet.

Thoughtful reminder to everyone here that if you can get in decent shape, the french foreign legion allows you to choose a new legal identity to officially live under.
>>
>>38974408
>If it was really our calling, then we would have done something about it by now.
how is it possible to be this wrong
>>
>>38974408
>but I know it would be detrimental to my life.
you have been brainwashed by our society so hard its sad to watch. what the hell is a "good life"? is there a high score for how many houses you owned when you die?

on topic: going full "into the wild" mode is my plan B in case i realize my life isnt fun anymore. its one thing when you have things holding you where you are (family) but if you have nothing like most of us do its a legitimate option.
>>
>>38974429
If you care enough about something to eventually do it, you will take some action beyond speculation you frogposting fuck.
>>
>>38973484
thats a rare diogenes
>>
>>38974463
Success is different for different people. I don't really care about material wealth or position. I just know that I would be living a constant anxiety breakdown if I didn't have my current level of stability.
I still hate life and fantasize about leaving it all behind. Some people can do this successfully, and they usually do something about it. People like me will have a hard fucking time of it.
>>
>>38974516
ah youre right, everyone has to decide for themselves what makes life worth living. i was just in the mood to throw accusations around, dont take it personal.
>>
File: Day One - Mile 0.jpg (79KB, 512x340px)
Day One - Mile 0.jpg
79KB, 512x340px
>>38973484
I never wanted to isolate myself completely, but I did fantasize about dropping everything and leaving. Throughout high school, that fantasy materialized into a plan, so during winter break of senior year I left on my bike with 400 dollars and panniers full of provisions. The goal was to bike down from Atlanta to New Orleans where I'd work through programs such as Workaway and WOOF, but frantic and upsetting phone calls from my mom sent me home after just ~100 miles
>>
>>38974526
thank you for being civilized and polite even in an argument
>>
I've been contemplating dropping out and living on the outskirts of society like a jackal for the last few years now. I think I'm nearly ready.
>>
File: hftgjykiu.png (446KB, 492x479px) Image search: [Google]
hftgjykiu.png
446KB, 492x479px
Thought about it but I'd rather not because there you'd have to be living around people all the time, have strict schedule, lots of work, and stay around the compound mostly. Ideally I could win the lottery and actually afford to isolate myself form society while still benefiting form it and having autonomy, like being in monk mode myself. Like live in a house in a rustic mountain area but close enough to drive to the city, can spend my days meditating at home alone and going for long hikes my myself, I could travel to serene places and experience wonderful sights and sounds of nature all over the world, visit hermitages and monasteries temporarily, perhaps making a documentary about modern monasticism.

I do continue to research actually becoming a full renunciate and surrendering myself completely to a monastic order as a final solution/last resort in case I run out of money and/or parents die or move into elderly care and I still haven't won the lottery, a far better way of giving up than suicide. I like choosing what food to eat and using internet and being able to be at home or outside all by myself though, which I'd all have to give up to become an actual monk.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.