[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IMPROVE YOURSELF A FRACTION EVERY DAY

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1483880726296.jpg (74KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483880726296.jpg
74KB, 500x500px
Make a plan and a routine towards improvement and see it through by increments every day
>>
>>38973293
How do I improve my personality? It's shit.
>>
>>38974003
in what sense?

orioriori
>>
>>38973293
I don't see the point. Any progress I make always becomes undone eventually. There's nothing to really work towards. I don't have any motivation whatsoever because my life is so empty, and nothing I do makes me feel better.
>>
>>38973293
I'm physically a freak withismatched features and I'm underdeveloped in many areas. I look like my fat 50 year old father but I'm a skinny 19 year old. I was good looking as a child and all of my brother's are downright handsome, but I'm exceedingly ugly.

The universe shat on me for no reason, and I have no hope of a life that of insanity and hell on earth. I can guarantee that the majority of people reading this are nowhere near as ugly and autistic as me.
>>
File: 1501667092898.jpg (58KB, 467x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501667092898.jpg
58KB, 467x960px
>>38974144

Post pic or I'll never believe you.
>>
>>38973293
Good thread, but it is wasted in a place like /r9k/
>>
>>38973293

I spend 1 hour each day learning mandarin

>inb4 someone posts the pasta
>>
>>38974036
My emotions control me
>>
>>38974646
How long have you been studying? Why do you study Chinese? Has it been useful?
>>
I've been working on my social skills for years now, never looked people in the eye and decided I needed work. At the moment I'm working on giving compliments while remaining confident and smiling at strangers.
>>
>>38974948
Good on you man, sincerely
>>
File: flipped.png (210KB, 711x633px) Image search: [Google]
flipped.png
210KB, 711x633px
>IMPROVE YOURSELF A FRACTION EVERY DAY
where to start
>>
>>38975469
The goal is discipline. Discipline is a trained skill, and discipline is your number 1 toolset used in overcoming hurdles in life and getting yourself to higher places.
(This is not to say, that ALL hurdles in life are surmountable through discipline alone, obviously. But, it is the psychological starting point of you shifting how you want to act to how actually act.)
Any time you plan and follow routine, you practice and learn discipline. If you construct yourself an eating plan, or a fitness/jogging regime, or a standard bedtime each night, or a level of room cleanliness, or even practicing a skill or hobby like practicing drawing or playing guitar an hour a night, and stick to that plan, you're building your discipline and mastery of getting yourself to places you want to be.
When you stick to that routine, you not only see immediate improvement in doing those things you want to accomplish, but in the act itself of accomplishing you gain self confidence. Starting small, with things like the bedtime or room cleanliness or art practice, you build up your self confidence and discipline to take on larger projects later, things that looking at now seem impossibly vast and unapproachable.
>>
File: 1331127698254.png (369KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1331127698254.png
369KB, 500x378px
>>38975469
right now, MOTHERFUCKER
>>
File: me.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>38974165
Ok but i wanted you bro. Try to keep your breakfast down.
>>
File: IMG_0496.png (65KB, 609x1092px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0496.png
65KB, 609x1092px
>>38973293
>Make a plan and a routine towards improvement and see it through by increments every day

no
>>
>we have to improve ourselves
>while chad was already born in a state of improvement you can never reach

What's the point?
>>
>>38973293
But I'm stuck on neetdoom lvl
>>
>>38975586
Do you think a disciplined lifestyle is necessarily a lonely one?

It has been difficult to find others who are devoted to discipline in multiple areas of their life (at this point in my life, the two most disciplined areas are completing my studies/maintaining a sound mind and sound body). Though I am trying to improve in others as well - cooking, learning outside of my main studies, trying to run my family's bank account, et al.

Where to find others that are likeminded individuals?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.