[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need some advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1433487286074.jpg (46KB, 317x379px) Image search: [Google]
1433487286074.jpg
46KB, 317x379px
how to deal with internet and videogame addiction? i am 27, dropped out of colleges twice. i spend all day browsing 4chan, news sites, watching documantaries, and of course playing videogames. i tried multiple times blocking all timewasting websites and deleting all games, and always manage to stay like that for weeks before relapsing. i literally get angry and anxious as i have an urge for some adrenalin. things i tried as replacement:
>watching movies
- doesn't leave me with a feeling of satisfaction. i literally feel the same way i felt just before the film
>reading books
- same as films but only worse
>painting
- i have clumsy fingers and get mad and give up
>masturbating for hours
- wrist hurts eventually and feel tired and shitty after orgasm
>sports
- needs friends
>social life
- sucks. i hate most people
>watching sports
- same as films but slightly better
>getting a gf
- failed multiple times and drove me into depression. best i got is a girl answering my call once. rest of girls only texting

i wont try alcohol or drugs. am i fucked forever? should i just work some shit job that doesnt need a degree and keep gaming and wasting my life?
>>
Have you tried a firm handshake?
>>
File: y.jpg (47KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
47KB, 800x522px
>>38972134
before dropping me out of college, the head of the computer science faculty gave me a firm handshake and told me to come back when i get more serious about life
>>
File: 1501358869120s.jpg (6KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1501358869120s.jpg
6KB, 250x233px
you should consider drugs
>>
Keep painting my dude, I know the pain. The key is to keep painting even when it looks like shit and to paint with the same confidence(don't overthink), read artbooks. Your brain's reward circuit system is fucked. The only way to get out is to quit 4chan cold turkey. But I know you won't do it. Forming a new habit takes two months. fucking keep at it anon. I believe in you, you have nothing to lose. You are still pretty young ffs. Don't lose hope my friend, you have potential. Take baby steps. You know you are still unhappy mindlessly consuming media so stop doing it and take a walk instead.
>>
File: 1463861244593.png (444KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463861244593.png
444KB, 1080x720px
Maybe like this anon says>>38972300 try taking a walk every day. I however recommend getting /fit/. If you want to break your addiction to the computer the you need to get out of the house and form better habits. Lifting heavy weights will help you channel your aggression. Learn to squat, deadlift, and bench with proper form and work on increasing your lifts. Eventually start keeping track of your diet through myfitnesspal and then enter your daily totals into a program like excel displaying daily totals of your caloric info and the averages for those weeks. Then a seperate sheet displaying the week totals averaged as months. If you need to gain or lose weight, this will tell you what you need to do. If youre not gaining or losing weight then your caloric information is off. However, the most important factor is your lifts. If they arent going up youll need to increase volume and accessory work, or eat more carbs and protein to recover. Good luck and hope this helps.
>>
>>38972016
>I won't try alcohol
Why not? You don't need to get shitfaced or blackout drunk or whatever like normies, you only need a little bit and it makes things more comfy (at least at nighttime.) I sometimes like to get just past buzzed and watch anime, makes it more enjoyable and emotional.
>>
>>38972300
>brain's reward circuit system is fucked

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis.

Just because you feel like pickled dogshit doesn't mean that you're doing something wrong.
>>
The internet is my only form of socialization and entertainment, and I abuse it for those reasons. Everything else sucks pretty much. I can forget how shitty my life is when I'm on here. Nothing I do inproves my life anyway, so why bother doing anything different? My life feels like Limbo, but things are supposed to be happening outside according to posts I read on here.
>>
>>38972016
you could try getting a bike if you dont already have one

go on night rides alone when everybody is asleep
>>
>>38972016
Try running, doesn't need friends and you'll get that sweet dopamine boost - even greater if you lose weight and improve your times/distance.
>>
>>38972213
>>38972583
i prefer staying with games. less time, money, and health wasted.
>>38972476
>>38972962
i tried starting strength for 6 months, other programs for years. doesnt help at all
i guess it's all over
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.