[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this painting that I done did?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_2822.jpg (2MB, 1985x3042px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2822.jpg
2MB, 1985x3042px
Thoughts on this painting that I done did?
>>
>>38970043
chaos, Godzilla (or a giant reptilian monster)
>>
>>38970083
I like the interpretation. Thanks for your comment.
>>
>>38970043
It's okay would hang up on a wall. Would not buy.
>>
I like it a lot. are you selling it?
>>
>the absolute state of modern """art"""
i could drink a fuckload of paint and vomit on a canvas and it would look better than your """art"""
>>
Looks like a girl with a black hand on her face
>>
I find it interesting to look at, though I have no idea about what's happening
>>
>>38970209
>doesn't get it
>>
>>38970227
fuck off cuckold
art is not for you
>>
>>38970264
sorry :C
dot dot dot
>>
>>38970043
I like it anon because it's ugly as fuck, and that makes it aesthetic in an abstract kind of way once you get past the ugliness. Then it becomes beautiful. I like the purple and black in the bottom middle left, and the purple and white in the top middle right
>>
>>38970195
Absolutely! I'll put it on my etsy store later tonight.
Here's the link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SamsArtStore/

>>38970264
People are allowed to see whatever they want to see in my art. No negativity please :)
>>
File: 5-Build-Youth-Hostels-and-Homes.jpg (315KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
5-Build-Youth-Hostels-and-Homes.jpg
315KB, 500x742px
>>38970043
Its certainly not concidred as "art" compared to the great works of Delacroix, Constable and Michaelangelo however dont let that make you feel bad its still a vivid expression of one's emotions and imagination reflected upon a canvas.

I kind of think it looks like a twisted dystopian version of this german propganda poster as you can somewhat make out a girl with pony tails and a black symbol on her face that kind of lools like a swasticka.
that certainly almost looks like its burning away at her face and could be further impylied as overpowering towards towards the brighter colours, which could be seen deeper as how ideolgy has overpowered her sense of emotion and humanity.

Overall its very well painted and you should be proud of your creation, keep up the good work and I hope to see further posts simmilar as it makes a good change to all the trap and fembot threads.
>>
>>38970043
looks like my mind whenever I have a fire shit
>>
It looks like a praying mantis crossed with an indian chief. how big is it?
>>
>>38970043
It's shit. Paint something beautiful instead of crap that's considered "art"
>>
>>38970242
That's the point though, there's nothing to "get". It's just smears on a canvas and because some postmodern fuckwad decided to assign meaning to it, in their mind it becomes "art".

Learn to do real art OP, elephants can smear acrylic on canvas, this isn't "good" or "new" or "emotionally expressive", it's just fucking pretentious smears on a canvas.

I've had this debate before and young people (I am 20) never get it. Postmodern art is the death of all art, in Syndrome's words "when everything is art, nothing is". You wash out all the pure talent and expertise it takes to make art and now everyone can make art, which is patently false.

Again, go take a sketch class and start from the bottom, aspire to be Michelangelo or da Vinci, not fucking pollock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ
related
>>
>>38970455
the viewer is the true artist you fucking sod
>>
>>38970461
nice platitude dullard, come up with some real arguments when you grow a fucking brain.
>>
>>38970512
>be 100+ years behind culturally
>call other people ignorant
uh
>>
>>38970455
It's watercolors and gesso, not acrylics.
>>
>>38970530
*argumentum ad populum*

Again, go find a REAL, VALID argument against postmodern shittery.
>>
>>38970043

It really stimulates the cortex
>>
>>38970043
wtf this is so good. The longer I looked at this painting, the better it got
>>
>>38970548
I had the same views as you once, but I've come to see differently. Art isn't special because of the particular shapes and colors on the canvas. It's special because of the thoughts and feelings that we the viewer experience when viewing it. If a formless thing like this appeals to a person more than the statue of david, then to that person it's a better work of art.
>>
Hey, can I use this for my atmospheric blackened death metal album, Qlipothic Kults ov Apokalyptik Gnosis?

But in all seriousness, I see a warhorse. Maybe it's decomposing. Maybe it belongs to one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Either way, it shows how war, despite all of its horror and destruction, can be used to transcend ego and materialism, be it through literal destruction of the body (decomposition) or by aspiring to a higher ideal (the Horsemen).
>>
>>38970602

The statue of David will make anybody feel much stronger emotions than "Shit on canvas" by anon because the skill of the artist inspires awe/admiration in the viewers

You think "Wow, how did he make that, I didn't think that was possible"
>>
>>38970043
reminds me of gore
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
>>38970674
>the skill of the artist inspires awe/admiration in the viewers
admiration, yeah, that takes a special talent.
awe, not really. i haven't been awestruck by anything manmade in years. The last thing was standing downtown in a major city for the first time and looking at the buildings towering around me, each one a marvel on its own.
mother nature is the best artist, and her work is often pretty abstract. Michelangelo couldn't have held a candle to the night sky if he'd lived 100 lifetimes.
but what the abstract art has that representative art doesn't is that it leaves so much more to interpretation. the feelings it inspires enhance our interpretation of the piece, which enhances those feelings, and on in a cycle. you don't get that when it's obvious what you're looking at, at least not to the same extent.
>>
>>38970043
It's hot garbage and you should feel bad. It's a splatter of random paint. Maybe your kindergarten teacher would give you a gold star for it but I certainly wouldn't.
>>
>>38970804

-t. woman (female)
>>
>>38970043
I'm usually not a big fan of abstract paintings like this, but yours actually has a good use of colour, portrays emotion well and seems like it actually has some intent behind it. Good job
>>
>>38970043

What a glorious piece of shit! Holy cow anon!

Michael Angelo and Picasso would kill to get to your ankles.
Fuck Van Gogh. Hes a noob.
>>
File: download (93).jpg (8KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
download (93).jpg
8KB, 183x276px
Just rember every one that post modernism was a marxist phenomon that got us to think that there was no such thing as good art or bad art and how all art was to be seen as equal and not judged.

In doing so they have essentially robbed a people its sense of pride in its culture by malking them be proud of utter shite and rubbbish that is entierly bassed on its popularity perpatraded by the media and its material wealth.
Gone are the days of concepts of aesthetics and beauty, they have now been replaced by formaldehyde cows chopped in half, messed up bedrooms and paint splattered on a canvas.
Call me old fashioned or Not "hip with the times" but ill choose such works such as "the harvester" by Hans Dahl a Norwegian romanticism painter who had a real sense of skill, pride, honour, patience and acomplishment compared to the modern works that deserve to be incenrated on a funeral pyre along with the people who painted them.
>>
>>38970043
A Dark Angel purging xenos in the name of the emperor
>>
>>38970043
>art
Looks like shit, OP. I could cum all over a canvas, splash paint over it, and call it art by these standards. Jesus
>>
>>38970602
Your opinion isn't invalid, experience is subjective in many ways and art's ability to induce emotion is the reason it is so powerful, but my concern and my reason for vilification of postmodern deconstructionist art is consequentialist in nature. The consequence of the proliferation of the deconstructionist mindset is bad for art.

Again to reiterate, when everything can be considered art, a sunset, semi random colors on a canvas, or a even urinal, inversely, nothing is art. Art is something that not only evokes emotion in the viewer but serves a purpose for a civilization from a semiotic standpoint, it signals the feelings and emotions of a culture and its artists. What is the signal that OP's work and others is trying to communicate? I have no originality? I'm derivative? I invest virtually no effort in creating my work? When everything is considered art, even feces smeared on a canvas (not a jab at OP, literal feces), then true art is lost in the sea of detritus that surrounds it, there are no more Davids, no more Sistine Chapels, no more great works because the bottom bar for art is so low, it brings the top down with it. Every fingerpainting is a treasure, instead of a stepping stone to a greater, grander work.

I'm not saying that OP's work is shit, I'm saying that for it to be considered *art* it needs to be
1) influential to culture
2) influenced by EFFORT and SKILL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjS6bQ5OQ-o
>>
File: 9c8.jpg (37KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
9c8.jpg
37KB, 373x521px
>>38970043
I like it
To bad this is not orginal
>>
>>38970043
It's good. I like it much better than the other stuff you have on etsy. It doesn't make me scared like the others lol
>>
>>38970043
Also im seeing a half demon/skeleton God zilla in the pits of hell destroying a demon town while the demons fly around him trying to retrain him
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496943931038.jpg (57KB, 883x593px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496943931038.jpg
57KB, 883x593px
>>38971090

*A heretic purging xenos in the name of chaos
>>
>>38971204
*restrain
>>
I wish I had time to respond to every one of you, but I sadly don't have the time.
For all who like it, I'm glad. I really do enjoy reading all of your interpretations.
For all who don't like it, I respect your opinion and I appreciate that y'all took the time to comment.
If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

>>38971124
What do you mean?

>>38971200
I'm glad you like it. :)

>>38970423
It's on a 6in. X 4in. postcard.
>>
File: IMG_2731.jpg (128KB, 640x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2731.jpg
128KB, 640x1280px
Bumpppppdpfkfjjd
>>
>>38971360
>what do you mean?
The robot is a cunt
>>
I usually feel bad about shilling my work, but someone asked to buy it, so I might as well offer to sell.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/550074673/portrait-of-a-long-haired-mule-and-a

It's only $10 because the painting is pretty small.
>>
ok last bump before i go to bed thanks for the good thread guys
>>
>>38970043
I sort of see a dinosaur. Just for that is not shit.

t. hate abstract art.
>>
looks like someone running
>>
I'll buy it if it's up in the morning still Anon, lovely little piece I wouldn't mind having.

Ignore the pretentious shills and their hard-ass supreme-logical opinions.

Dream well.
>>
>>38971041
not defending cows chopped in half or shit smeared canvases, but if your understanding of art goes no further than ''oh what a pretty painting'' you really are in no position to criticize any of those works.

Alright let me ask you, what is the most ''modern'' work that you like or at least are able to tolerate?
>>
>>38970043
This is cool as fuck anon
Any chance you could upload a higher resolution png image? I wanna get a better look at that texture you got
>>
>>38970043
Looks likedemented creature. Fembot thepainting
>>
>>38970043
Looks like a chameleon wearing a purple shirt, and hes either puking, or screaming.
>>
>>38970043
Fucking garbage. I really hope all of the posts praising this are just OP samefagging. I don't want to believe /r9k/ has taste this shit.
>>
Can i make this my wallpaper?
>>
Hey guy how big is this, i want to buy it
>>
>>38970043
it looks like someone threw a bunch of paint on a tree
>>
>>38973412
Coolidge's art of dogs playing poker and playing pool, but thats about it im not even sure if you could concider that modern but to me that is kinda modern because you would never have seen such works like it before then.
Maybe its just cause i like dogs or my grandparents had one in their house when I was younger but to me you can cleary see it has aestectics, framework and even dare I say beauty to the way it was made by the artist.
>>
Said I was going to bed but I can't sleep so I'm back

>>38973771 please see
>>38972505

It's 6in. x 4in.

>>38973754
Sure. Go ahead.
>>
>>38970043
I thought this was an actual work you posted to make a bait thread, so pretty impressive.
>>
>>38973976
Never stop painting
>>
REMINDER: Modern art encompasses work from the 1860s to the 1970s. Learn your terminology.
>>
>>38974004
That's a strange compliment,,, but I'll take it. Thanks!

>>38974110
I don't plan on stopping.
I'm just getting started.
>>
OP is there anywhere I can view your other art?

I really like it
>>
>>38970674
>skill of the artist
So the complexity and skillfulness of the work is the objective measurement of it's beauty? So that means photorealism is the pinnacle of art? Come on, now.
>>
File: 1470379647716.jpg (30KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470379647716.jpg
30KB, 400x600px
Another great piece of modern "art"
>>
>>38970284
>sorry
>":C"
can you fuckoff summerfag, we don't want you here
>>
>>38970043
Looks like a spanish guitarist dressed in traditional spanish guarb running while playing guitar, but darkness and chaos surrounds him.
>>
>>38970043
It looks like a girl.
But The Black and red on the left side ruins it.
would not buy or hang on wall.
If it wasn't for the Black and red on the left side.
and you instead Painted the left side like the right side then It would probably look good.
>>
>>38970602
Your post made me feel Angry.
Does that mean it's art?
>>
File: 1282827119191192622627227181.png (276KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1282827119191192622627227181.png
276KB, 1400x1050px
>>38970043
Still in kindergarten OP. Do you want a cookie for your modern art masterpiece? Its people like you that prevenred Hitler from becoming a well respected artist.
>>
>>38973412
But if The Art doesn't look good then it's literally just a worthless canvas that someone threw some paint on.
>>
>>38971104
>The consequence of the proliferation of the deconstructionist mindset is bad for art
What deconstructionism has to do with abstract expressionism? You're even more ignorant than I thought.
>influential to culture
This is a contraction. You accuse OP for not making what you consider art, but in the same time require him to be a victim of culture. So should he make Davids or confirm to the spirit of the century?
>influenced by EFFORT and SKILL
This is meaningless. Tying this to what defines art is just outright idiotic. Like the point about photorealism, is it the pinnacle of art?

Culture is a flowing river, not an art exposition. The emergence of a response to modernism is a cultural necessity of postmodernism, which goes both for philosophy and art. What hacks like you don't understand is that turmoil, change and death is how culture manifests itself.
>>
File: whatamisupposedtofeel.jpg (131KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
whatamisupposedtofeel.jpg
131KB, 900x900px
>>38970043
If one can't immediately interpret something from art, then artists has failed as such.

Anon, modern art is the most self-indulgent, stupid and pseudo-intellectual trash that one could ever delude themselves into thinking it has value. If you have any shred of ability behind the clearly disappointing display here, then start painting things that are inclusive, otherwise just kill yourself.
>>
>>38970455
Did OP say his painting is as good as a Michelangelo? He didn't even say it is art, you dummy, he just asked people to look at his painting. And some people enjoyed it. There is no issue here except that which you create in your crazed mind.
>>
>>38970043
interesting mark and tonal+hue relations

rhythm brings a frenetic sense while shifting in and out of the intense crimson in the middlearea and through subdued greys and whites moving around the centre

good template for the start of a more refined body of work
>>
fuck off pollock
>>
>>38975064
Fuck off plebbbit
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.