[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nostalgia

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: mabi.png (1MB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
mabi.png
1MB, 600x375px
I miss the days when I played MMORPG's as a kid and I had an "online family" and was close with everyone on the game.

Now I'm stuck working a fucking job with no enthusiasm for gaming anymore.
>>
I never really had friends in MMORPGs, but I miss enjoying playing them. They used to be my favorite and I would always look for new ones to play, but I haven't played one in years because at some point I just got sick of the grinding.
>>
I loved Mabinogi. I think I left when the Miku promotion was over though. I had good friends on there.
>>
File: 1499987862515.png (22KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1499987862515.png
22KB, 520x390px
Mabinogi is still my favourite MMO in memory. So many good times with guild members 8 years ago. Now the game doesnt seem a shadow of itself. Where does the time go ;-;
>>
>>38968922
FUUUUUUUCK I feel so bad thinking about mabinogi. playerbase was always kinda shit but you become really attached to the people who do play it. I remember getting killed in barri dungeon and waiting hours for someone to come in to give us a phoenix feather so we don't lose our shit.

When people died to WOLVES man
>>
>>38967720
I used to play this game called Tales Runner 24/7 when I was a kid. Too bad it shut down so I can't even relive it...
>>
File: Rare_ltd_2015.png (49KB, 600x812px) Image search: [Google]
Rare_ltd_2015.png
49KB, 600x812px
>be kid/early teenager in the early/mid 00s
>be part of a Rare fan community
>very close-knit group of people; 24/7 bants
>2017
>site has been dead for years
>Rare is a shell of its former self
>everyone I knew drifted away
>some became NEETS; one is in jail
>>
File: 1502172386106.jpg (37KB, 300x330px) Image search: [Google]
1502172386106.jpg
37KB, 300x330px
>>38969342
>ywn parkour with that groovy 1990s-2000 music online while your dad has a bbq and sip orange soda ever again

It was one random moment, idk why it feels so important and vivid to me
Fuck I want to go back
>>
>>38969301
I feel like the group of people you found eventually (which were mandatory to do any of the dungeons) got really tight knit from how much time people had to put into the game. MMOs anymore can be played off basis and casually and the lowered time commitments and ease of acess really hurt true communitys from forming.
>>
>>38967720
Still my favorite MMO. Waiting on a G1 private server to relive the memories
>inb4 nexon shuts it down again for generating a total of $0 in profits
>>
>online family
Thank fuck I got over that phase quickly
The amount of cringe those memories brings back was horrible
>>
>>38969451
Idk what you personally did with yours anon but mine were great. We were all vulnerable kids doing cringey shit but god damn was it more exciting & fulfilling than my current life as a wagecuck
>>38969429
It will never be the same because you won't have your buddies suffering together with you. You also have to get a job now anon and can only spare a hour a day
>>
>>38969685
>we rp'd as a happy family
>I was the dad
>supposed 'girl' was the mom
>we had several 'kids'
>one day I log in and she's in bed with some random guy
F U C K I N G W H O R E
life truly does imitate fiction
Claris I miss you so fucking much
>>
>>38967720
>being 12 and playing games in the basement
>Halo 3 custom lobbies and playing Big Team Slayer till 1Am
>eating shit food and snack
>beings friends with the neighborhood kids
>playing outside till dusk in the summer afternoons to come inside and have some tea before bed
>being young and having things feel fresh/joyful

Although I have nostalgia for the good old days of Halo 3 multiplayer and Red Dead Redemption multiplayer, I mostly just miss being a kid. I miss how things used to be brighter and exhilarating.
>>
Boop squad
>>
I looked at people with online families as normies because I was jealous that I could never join one. I still feel bitter about it because I still dont have a friend circle these days
>>
When runescape was fresh to its audience it was the best mmo for that time period.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.