[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/, thought I'd ask an amateur cooking question here

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1502232223107.png (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1502232223107.png
29KB, 512x384px
Hey /r9k/, thought I'd ask an amateur cooking question here as it is the random board, and /ck/ gets angry when people post threads like this.

Anyway, I realised my entire family is going to be out today, and I'm pretty hungry, so I might try to fry an egg and cook some bacon for breakfast today.

How do I cook an egg "over-hard" ? I don't eat the yolks runny (I know this is the "pleb" way or whatever but I don't even really eat eggs, want to work my way up slowly) and how do I fry bacon so it's crispy and not soft and floppy?

What oil do I use? Does it matter? Is it like the ol' saying goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat?
>>
File: 1495359049456.gif (5KB, 147x184px) Image search: [Google]
1495359049456.gif
5KB, 147x184px
Please help me /r9k/ this is a chance to teach myself how to cook a nice simple breakfast but I just need some help
>>
File: 1481611257061.png (108KB, 399x375px) Image search: [Google]
1481611257061.png
108KB, 399x375px
>>38964370
Please /r9k/ my stomach hurts right now and I don't trust Google
>>
just cook the eggs using the grease from your bacon, the yolks will get less runny the longer you cook them. remember to flip them and you'll be good
>>
File: 1475891669705.png (82KB, 277x260px) Image search: [Google]
1475891669705.png
82KB, 277x260px
>>38964544
Okay I'm just gonna grab the biggest frying pan I can find, put the bacon in first just by itself, then when the bacons cooked and some of the fat melts down I'll crack a couple eggs in there... any last minute advice /r9k/? There are multiple sorts of frying pans

actually I'm slowly losing the motivation despite this pain in my stomach /r9k/, I'm not sure I could do it. I tried to look up what frying pan to use... this is too fucking much for me, sorry for knocking a thread off everyone
>>
>>38964748
If you can't do eggs, just make a mac and cheese. It's so easy that anyone could do it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/238691/simple-macaroni-and-cheese/

If you do make eggs, use a non-stick pan.
>>
Frying an egg is kind of hard OP, you need the pan at just the right temp that is dosent let the egg spread out too much but low enough that it doesn't burn.

May I suggest scrambling an egg instead?
>>
>>38964821
(I'm lactose intolerant)

I'll go inspect the kitchen again and reasses the situation... maybe it's not as bad as I first thought
>>
>>38964899
eh I'm pretty turned off scrambled eggs after watching my autistic sister eat them... she's like a feral animal when scrambled eggs get onto the dinner table. Completely unappetising and changed my opinion on scrambled eggs
>>
>>38964131
Pour some olive oil into frying pan, then tip the pan side to side so the bottom is thinly covered in it. Put your bacon on and flip it over every now and then so you like how it looks on both sides. I don't know how to do eggs. I just crack them in the pan and they come out fucked but I eat them anyway
>>
>>38964936
Holy shit, your home and family sound horrible. You probably smell weird too, the whole lot of you. Anyway just crack an egg into a pan, and just turn it on. Adjust the heat accordingly. Stop overthinking it, you fucking subhuman. I wish I could beat the shit out of you.
>>
File: aXm72xjU.jpg (89KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm72xjU.jpg
89KB, 650x650px
>>38965065
you stupid fuckin mutt just cos i dont live inside a fuckin house and dont know how to use a stove u think u could fuckin fight me u stupid little pussy? im not a regular here i just come here to ask the things i need to know where the fuk do u live pussy ill bust ur cheeks up after im done bustin up dese egg shells u fuckin bitch
>>
okay its on the stove now, a piece of bacon looked sort of yellow but not sure if i just got some olive oil on theupward facing side, taking my chances
>>
>>38965558
the bacon is coming along nice enough i guess, cooks very slowly though...
>>
i gotta thank u guys r9k, good breakfast. some strawberries, some juice, multigrain toast, and some bacon and eggs. good way to start the day and its only 9am still

egg turned out way better than i expected too
>>
>>38965065
That's not how you cook an egg you fucking idiot
>>
Also whoever said to use the bacon grease to cook the egg that was a good idea, absolutely 0 stick
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.