[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be NEET >Have comfy living arrangement thanks to sympathetic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: 1500925120607.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1500925120607.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
>Be NEET
>Have comfy living arrangement thanks to sympathetic parents
>All bills paid for
>Living in 1st-world country with access to all sorts of goods and services that people hundreds of years ago couldn't even fathom existing
>The Internet allows for infinite exploration and discussion of humanity's history, art, and knowledge
>Have the time and resources to pursue just about any popular hobby or interest
>Be aware of all of the above, and yet do nothing besides spend all day shitposting and wishing for the sweet release of death because mental illness has destroyed your motivation and ability to enjoy things

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I JUST BE HAPPY FUCK FUCK FUCK AHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
Try psilocybine, amber, Vitamin D3/sun bathing and lifting.
>>
>>38959984
This + meditation
>>
>>38959934
You have to force yourself to do things you like until you've gained enough momentum to keep doing them naturally
>>
File: 13451215416.png (242KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
13451215416.png
242KB, 600x791px
>>38959984
>>38960024
I've tried drugs, both prescription and not. The benefits were either outweighed by the side effects, didn't last long enough, or were just plain nonexistent.

I've tried jogging outside and weightlifting in a gym. Just makes me tired and sweaty on top of being miserable.

I tried meditation, but my mind is a hurricane of anxiety and I can't effectively clear it of negative thoughts and emotions. I just sit there like a stupid faggot wishing I could be less of a stupid faggot that can't just fucking relax for once.
>>
>>38960249
>and I can't effectively clear it of negative thoughts and emotions

You cannot make a body of water be still by waving your hands through it. Just be like a log on a river and let the river take you without resistance.

The point of meditation isn't getting rid of negative thoughts and emotions, it's to sit with them and accept them for what they are.
>>
>>38959984
this but not lifting. why why why is the lifting meme pushed everywhere. guys lift so they can be muscly and attract shallow sloots. just do calisthenics and you can be fit and healthy without needing all the equipment and risk snapping your fucking back.
>>
File: 1489466691926.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489466691926.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>38960167
I can't think of anything that I'd like to do. Seriously. Everything feels pointless and hollow. Not worth the effort.

I've even looked through https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies and nothing appeals to me in the slightest.
>>
>>38960578
Stop feeling obligated to have a hobby, that's just a meme orchestrated by society.
Just live and breathe, that's all that's required of you.
>>
File: 1181911963616.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1181911963616.png
345KB, 640x480px
>>38960840
That's what I've been trying to do, man. I've been trying to just be content with my situation for better or worse. But it's not working, and I don't know why. It feels like there's still a need that needs to be fulfilled but I don't know what that need is and don't know what steps to take as a consequence.
>>
>>38959934
I know that feel my man, I got very nice parents, I got a few nice friends to play games with, I work every now and then to attain some money for games and going to festivals. I'm healthy, not fat, decent looking. Had a normal childhood.

Yet I feel empty as fuck.
>>
>>38960981
Try to think about what makes you happy. Don't really think of hobbies as hobbies, just think more generally about what kind of little things can or could make you happy. Then find a way to get there.
>>
>>38959934
I thought neets were supposed to be happy with their arrangement.
>>
File: 1487391531779.jpg (93KB, 588x473px) Image search: [Google]
1487391531779.jpg
93KB, 588x473px
>>38961065
I can't think of anything that really makes me happy anymore. I used to love playing vidya, but nowadays I just stare at my steam library and sigh. I'm at the point where I can only watch Let's Plays because, hey, at least that person can enjoy playing vidya. Maybe I can glean some vicarious satisfaction from watching them! But it's not the same.

Everything I do nowadays is done merely to stave off the suicidal thoughts and dissuade me from driving to a bridge and leaping off. There's no joy in anything. No pride. Life for me is just a continuous series of distractions that are becoming less and less effective as time goes on.
>>
>>38961088
Some can be, I'm sure, if they're just lazy but not depressed. If you're afflicted with major depressive disorder (like I am) then you'd be unhappy regardless of how much of a normie you are (or aren't).
>>
>>38961154
>I used to love playing vidya
I think it's what happens when you do too much of it. If you find some other activity, your love of vidya might come back because it will feel fresh again.
Isn't there anything you love? Nothing is stupid, even if like something that sounds silly or childish or whatever, it can be the start of finding some happiness again.
>>
>>38961154
Maybe you lack responsibility. As a neet you don't grow up because you depend on someone else for everything. It's in the nature of a male to provide for a family, so that everyone depends on you, it makes you feel purposefull and needed.
That is why I for example used to escape to world of warcraft when I was a neet, I was a guild leader, people depended on me to organize raids or other fun stuff, they depended on me for help, and it made me feel purposefull and important.

Atleast that's what I think. But who am I.
>>
>>38961303
I feel like a broken record. No, there is nothing I love, man. I'm sorry if that seems unfathomable to you. I have no passions, skills, interests, goals, ambitions, or obsessions.
>>
Maybe you should stop eating shit food, get some sun and exercise, and actually strive for something for once. Hedonism leads to misery, pain is necessary for one to be satisfied.
>>
>>38961534
There's definitely something to that, but to me responsibility means stress and I cannot cope with anything stressful. Maybe it's because I was sheltered growing up and never had to struggle for anything. I took everything for granted. I never learned to appreciate how much work goes into every little convenience or material good I utilize. So the thought of doing anything even remotely resembling work makes me nauseous and uncomfortable. It's fucked up and pathetic, but I might as well be honest about it.
>>
>>38961627
If this is true, then you need more help than anyone here can give you.
>>
>>38961546
Nah, I get it. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but it's a problem if that makes you unhappy. Also, the total absence of drive to do anything can be a sign of depression, maybe you should talk to someone, it might open doors in your mind.
>>
File: 1239915595062.jpg (219KB, 887x900px) Image search: [Google]
1239915595062.jpg
219KB, 887x900px
>>38961672
I know, but shitposting here is all I can think of to do. I've done 1-on-1 therapy multiple times. I've done group therapy with other miserable sadsacks and losers. I've even resorted to ECT, which did nothing but screw up my cognition and memory. I just cannot muster the willpower to change my life. I don't know what I expect to get out of posting here; I think it's mostly for venting purposes.
>>
File: 1489896441175.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1489896441175.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>>38961681
Mental illness was mentioned in the OP, so yeah of course I'm well aware that I have major depressive disorder. But there's no good or easy solution to it; it's like a parasite that sinks its fangs into you and won't let go no matter how you try to jostle it loose. It's insidious and self-destructive and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.
>>
>>38961627
It's uncomfortable because it is the unknown, and the only way to make that feeling go away is to face it head on and do the thing that makes you uncomfortable, and you may very well realise that isn't so bad as you perceive it is.
>>
>>38961812
Yeah I know, I don't have fully fledged depression but I can feel it from time to time and it's already hard enough to not let it sink you. So really, you should try seeing someone about it, it will be more helpful and more real than talking to robots. It might not do shit, but it's worth a try.
>>
File: images-8.jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images-8.jpg
5KB, 318x159px
>>38959934
Even /r9k/ doesn't want me. Alsof tinnitus.
>>
>>38959934
You need to seek a sense of real achievement. Try to develop a skill that's actually difficult and will take regular practice over a long period of time to get good at. Like playing an instrument, speaking a foreign language, art or something.
>>
>>38962013
Accomplishment does nothing for you when you're depressed. It doesn't make you feel proud, it's just another task to complete.
>>
Yeah, when you're deeply depressed it's a better idea to take on something really easy that won't put any obstacle in your way. If you start something difficult, at the first roadblock you'll ask yourself "what the fuck is the point anyway?" and give up.
>>
>>38961812
Man sometimes these threads make my heart ache, knowing there are people on here who suffer so much... Nobody deserves this, if I could I would take on some of that weight off your back, I would.
>>
>>38960578
>>38961154
The problem here isn't your search for a hobby, it's that you have complete anhedonia from profoundly severe depression.
You need to see a doctor ASAT and mention what's going on and that you want to try antidepressants. Therapy helps too but I don't know if you can afford it in your situation and pills are almost always cheaper.
Getting a hobby is still a great step forward, but you can't get to that point until you've taken the edge off the depression enough to be capable of pleasure or satisfaction again.
I've been there several times before and pills aren't perfect or always quick but they can give you the boost you need to the next step in the process and make you think of suicide less.

tl;dr Disregard the other replies; you have super severe depression and need to see a dr. to deal with that before you can make any progress. You probably don't want to put yourself in that situation of explaining some of your problems to your dr. but not only will it help, it's the only thing that will help.
>>
>>38962318
I may be a miserable, pathetic husk of a man, but I still appreciate the sentiment. Thanks.
>>
File: 1485744422551.png (40KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485744422551.png
40KB, 255x200px
>>38962486
For antidepressants, I have tried...

Prozac
Celexa
Lexapro
Effexor
Wellbutrin
Remeron
Parnate

and also

Risperidone
Ziprasidone
Lithium
Lamotrigine
Adderall
Klonopin
Cytomel

Nothing has helped and I've grown weary of trying out different pills. The side effects could be so brutal (especially with the Parnate) that they outweighed any supposed benefit. Maybe The Right One is still out there, but it's so tiresome dealing with the stupid side effects and waiting a month each time before they truly, supposedly "kick in".
>>
>>38959934

Anon. I am in this situation as well. I am more and more joyful every single day. Please listen to me.

Read this book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Fucking read this book. Cover to cover.

Read that book anon. Otherwise you are actively choosing your unhappiness. Read it! The Power of Now!
>>
>>38960386

>guys lift so they can be muscly and attract shallow sloots

Clueless idiot
>>
>>38962887
Well, I'm glad it's worked out for you, but I've read my fair share of inspirational self-help books and nothing has really resonated. I just don't have the energy or wherewithal to actually act on any advice that's given to me.
>>
>>38959934
Because we are not meant to be sedentary creatures you need to get off your ass and do something. I'm not saying necessarily get a job but you need to find something you're ambitious about and excited to do all the time, a jus de vie if you will.
>>
File: 1498778240099.png (1MB, 891x695px) Image search: [Google]
1498778240099.png
1MB, 891x695px
>>38963131
it's hard to find something to get excited about when you're emotionally dead and mentally fatigued constantly
>>
>>38963213
Yeah it's a catch 22 and it wont be easy but your life and happiness is worth finding it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.