[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kurt Cobain

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 3ZcqLFlB-1280.jpg (355KB, 1280x866px) Image search: [Google]
3ZcqLFlB-1280.jpg
355KB, 1280x866px
<--- why the fuck was this dude hating himself?

He had one of the shiniest identities ever. Most people would sell their fucking organs to have just one person see as much value in them as the whole world saw in Kurt Cobain. Like, I know some people are just naturally miserable fucks but damn...being a 10/10 billionaire genius must help a little bit.
>>
>>38956051
Depression and self loathing transcend all material worth and status. I've been pretty lucky to have anything I've needed provided to me my whole life. I never had to do it hard and yet I'm still chronically depressed and unable to function like a normal human being.
>>
HEROIN, LULZ!!!

But also persistent childhood drama just never seemed to have any stop to it. Growing up with his kind of childhood, even if you have a lot going for you, still makes recovery difficult (if not impossible -- as was his case).
>>
>>38956051
The trouble with fame and status is that people don't actually love you; they just love the image that they've projected onto you. Must get lonely being a walking poster. You're not wrong though.
>>
Have you ever read a biography or watched a documentary about the guy? It's a well known thing that Cobain suffered from a number of physical illnesses. Bring in some mental illnesses and drug abuse and steal any potential peace of mind by being put out in the limelight as much as possible, and the resulting persona is not surprising.

Also as great of a singer and songwriter as he was, he always knew that his guitar work wasn't all that great. It weighs on your conscious when you slam on power chords at high distortion for three albums and then realize most of your fans enjoy your music for the wrong reasons.

All in all, even though I think the music is overrated, I think he was a cool guy.
>>
File: Ian-Curtis.jpg (288KB, 1841x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Ian-Curtis.jpg
288KB, 1841x1227px
>>38956051

To quote Mr. jones and Me.

>When everybody loves me
>I will never be lonely

The thing is people only "like you" when your on top.

You take someone who isn't that great of a person and has depression then force them in the highest level of stardom it fucks with them.

Kurt didn't want to be known as the Smells Like Teen Spirit guy forever, nor be singing that song at 50. He ultimately wanted to slowly fade out of the spotlight, or start doing music like REM did up to Automatic For The People.

Anyway, Kurt was a scumbag. He use to go to a retarded girls house under the guise of friendship and steal her parents alcohol.

Chris Cornell was probably the only grunge artist I identified with. Given we apparently shared simulator experiences.

Also Nike Drake and to a lesser extent Ian Curtis are the true robots choice.
>>
File: yes.gif (719KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
719KB, 500x384px
To perpetuate his image. Had he lived till today what would nirvana be like? Another dadrock band and no one would really care about Kurt either. But now both him and Nirvana are remembered as legends. Just look at Chester from LP. As years went by, Linkin Park lost most of it's fame and until he killed himself no one really gave a shit about chester either, but now that he died people are analysing his songs and talking about how his lyrics are deep and shit and about how he was depressed. His mistake was not killing himself earlier. Famous people do that, killing yourself at your career peak to save that image of yours that you want people to remember you for.
>>
>>38956354
>Kurt was a scumbag
I always thought he seemed like a really kind, gentle person...on interviews he seemed so egoless and low-key. We've all done shitty things in our troubled youths but I always thought Cobain had a very genuine vibe about him idk.
>>
>>38956443
cobain didn't want fame tho
well unless he was just bullshitting us the entire time
>>
>>38956482

He wanted to be about as big as Sonic Youth. Like have Nevermind sell like 100,000 units.

Not be a cultural phenomenon.
>>
>>38956482
having worldwide fame means that average normie likes you, therefore your music is not edgy and cool anymore, you're something like coldplay now. He wanted Nirvana to be some sort of outcast band, so he killed himself so nirvana image wouldnt be ruined even more
>>
>>38956482
>unless he was just bullshitting us the entire time
He could very well have been. Its all part of the marketing...I bet he was a totally different guy when the cameras were turned off. I mean, look at Beyonce for example..one minute she's mrs humble and next minute she's posing as a goddess. Its cultivated.
>>
Kurt Cobain had pretty severe stomach issues. I think he threw up almost every day. Probably drove his heroin use. He probably was depressed because of that.
>>
>>38956051
Watch montage of heck. He had it rough man.
Although he was pretty attractive he was one of us, and a prime example of what would probably happen if any of us got famous.
>>
I have one questions, how these famous musicians put emotions into songs? It seems such a foreign idea what you can "materialize" emotions.
>>
>>38956454
He did a some fucked things.
He definitely wasn't the pure angel a lot of people made him out to be but we've all done fucked up things so, can't really give him too much shit and for the most part, he seemed like a cool dude.
>>
>>38956454
He was a junkie, so he did some messed up things. As a person, he was probably very genuine.
>>
COURTNEY COX KILLED KURT COBAIN
>>
>>38957048
That's a result of him doing tons of drugs.
>>
File: mocno.jpg (32KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
mocno.jpg
32KB, 500x365px
Was he one of us?
Originally
>>
>>38956051
>why the fuck was this dude hating himself?

Because you get to the top and its still just a depressing pile of shit with all these skeevy hangers-on trying to rip you off and your own wife plotting how to squeeze more $$$ out of you and all these slimy agents and advertisers and promoters...no real friends because everyone is out to take a piece of you...And the worst part is you have achieved your dream so there is nothing left to dream for and if this shit sandwich is as good as it gets then that's not good enough,
>>
>>38956051
No it doesnt, Kurt got famous and was just your average old robot.
His fame got him laid, it got him money, but he was just a person, like everyone else.
He was a true robot.
>>
Montage of heck is just bunch of Courtney's imagination bullshit to show him as a depressed junkiea as big as possible. Watch soaked in bleach instead. He was bipolar as well - I know these feels and it sucks trust me
>>
Aah the Linkin part guy, it so sad he hang himself.
>>
>>38957446
Kurt at school: "I was an underdeveloped, immature little dude, who never got laid and was constantly razzed," he said. "It bothered me probably more so because I was horny."

> he was one of us
>>
He was a punk. This is what happens when somebody that doesn't like society gets super famous. He didn't want his "fake" friends. He didn't want people to idolize him. He didn't like his most famour song, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". He hated how people looked at his music, and thought that people liked his songs for the wrong reasons. He couldn't relate to people the higher up in the chain he went. His wife Courtney Love was a punk druggie with a bad influence on him, but the only person that he could identify with. He hated his life. He felt trapped by his record company. He didn't want to keep making the same music, he just wanted to do his own thing. He felt trapped in his fame-filled life, he fucked hated everybody around him, so he took drugs. Hell, even when he ended up at a mental health facility, he ran away and people had no idea where he was. The biggest "fuck you" to everybody. He didn't want any of this.

He must be the most famous robot in the music world. It was no surprised to the people around him that he'd wind up dead sooner than later. The way he felt was no secret.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.