[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just when did liberal become synonymous with idiot

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_o6u4hj1ZZ41qjw44ao2_1280.jpg (481KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6u4hj1ZZ41qjw44ao2_1280.jpg
481KB, 900x650px
I am just not sure anymore.
Growing up I thought that liberal meant normal person; not some batshit insane other kin or tropes SJW person

I grew up in Woodstock where everyone was such and they seemed like normal folks aside from the old hippies who smoked way too much weed. Republicans and conservatives were a sort of boogieman who were only spoken o f in whispers.

From what I was tod of them they sound like horrible people
>they beat kids who misbehave
>they force people to go to church
>they boot kids from their homes if they don't conform to their standards
>they want to destroy people who are disenfranchised
>they appose science and want to live in 1950's
>they want a white nation
>they jeer at anyone who is different

My folks sentiments on this were

Father
>I don't trust politicians, left, right it's the same bird at the end of the day
>Can't let conservatives have all the guns, we have the right to defend ourselves as well.

Mother basically thought that the democratic party was glorious and didn't have much to say about guns.

The list goes on, I never encountered them until I came here, but from what I have seen they seem like very angry people who love to race bait and gather faux facts. Also I have noticed quite a bit of elitist as well that are quick to jump on people.

Also for some reason they hate trans people.
Truth be told I am keeping my mouth shut on this issue because I honestly feel as though this might be the gateway to giving leeway to human genetic manipulation.
What are your sentiments on this bots and what is the deal with the liberal conservative dichotomy .
>>
I'm all earz
>>
File: 1461883427406.jpg (45KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1461883427406.jpg
45KB, 429x410px
it's all perspective.

to liberals, conservatives are bat shit crazy gun nuts who shoot guns and talk about Jesus and attend Klan meetings

to conservatives, liberals are all SJW otherkin who are part of BLM or Antifa

really you just have to ignore the extremists and find moderates who aren't fucking inept because not everyone is as extreme as the other side makes it seem
>>
>>38952189
Fuck off libtard no one wants to associated with the leftie retards who are enforcing authoritarianism to shut down free speech for right wing dissent.
>>
>>38952582
>moderates
>"boohoo, having a clear opinion on issues is extremist"
I have more respect for full on lefties and le ebin rec pilled White nationalists than I have for centrists and moderates
>>
>>38952189
>What are your sentiments on this bots and what is the deal with the liberal conservative dichotomy .
I'm not how your subject line and the actual content of your post relate to one another. Care to expand on it?
>>
>>38952189
Open your eyes harder then.
>>
>>38952582
>lly you just have to ignore the extremists and find moderates who aren't fucking inept b
i honestly I have never met an extremest in my life.
I have seen youtube videos, and this shit has to be staged or something for both sides.

>>38952634
Huh?
Since when?
I thought conservatives wanted to burn people's yugioh cards and ban harry potter.
>>
>>38952704
Just why do people seem so divided on this site?
Everyone is saying the other group is a bunch of retards almost everyday.
>>
> giving leeway to human genetic manipulation

Most trans people are fairly opposed to this, especially pre-birth/conception. I'm trans, and here's my view on it:

Say I could be altered in the womb/before birth so that I was happy being a woman. I simply wouldn't be the same person. A fundamental, important part of who I am would ave been robbed from me. The perspective on the world I gained living as a trans person wouldn't have a place at the table any more.

Also, a lot of trans people are autistic (I actually think it's the other way round - more autistic trans people are likely to come out because they don't get the social cues that tell them not to, but I digress). Obviously a lot of parents would want to not have a child with autism, so might be tempted to select against that. However, that robs the world of the contributions from autistic people, who should be valued.

Just my 2c.
>>
There are more distochomies than liberal and conservative. You have many platforms even within the respective parties. Dems are mostly progressive (use government to enforce tolerance and equality, "making people equal" and the like) but differ on economic issues. They all are for the most part corporatists, hence they want cooperaion between government and businesses. People like Sanders want to focus on economic equality though this. The republicans also have corporatists (mainly the neocons), while people like Ron and Rand Paul want a more hands off approach on the market. Those two sides also differ on foreign policies (neocons = interventionist, libertarians = isolationist) and moral politics (neocons = regulate morality, libertarians = allow "victimless crimes" like for example drug use)
>>
>>38952749
Nothing to do with politics really, that's just the way this site works. It's been like this since before things took a sharp turn right.
>>
>>38952769
I was referring to other genetic manipulations as apposed to pre-birth stuff

>splicing jellyfish genes into cats and pigs to make them glow in the dark
>fish genes in tomatoes to make them withstand the cold
>micro pets
etc.

Immagine that implanted inhumans years in the future with good intent. We could have mutants and all sorts crazy nonsense.
>>
>>38952189
The media, at least when I was growing up, did a good job cherry picking conservatives to showcase and make you think they are all crazy and also a good job at hiding the more crazy liberals. Now that they have more power they don't feel the need to hide their insanity and just try to force you to accept it.
>>
>>38952653
>encouraging ignoring the other side of the story to fit your own world view
I agree anon, this is a good thing.
>>
>>38952816

So you're saying you're okay with trans people because research into helping them will improve our knowledge of genetic manipulations?

Yeah, I can see that being a pretty good thing in many cases. Just hope it speeds up so I can get a real dick before I die.
>>
>>38952838
>ignoring the other side of the story to fit your own world view
Nice assumption there friendo. Nah, I don't ignore, I know ideologies I don't agree with well enough to know why I don't agree with them.
>>
>Lucio

lol what a beta
>>
>>38952855
I honesty I don't have a problem with these people. Truth be told the metamorphoses are astonishing, how is this even possible?
>>
>>38952189
>they beat kids who misbehave
liberals harass their kids not only physically but also mentally, brainwashing them into thinking they need to choose their gender, also there was this one loud case where a mother yelled at her son because he voted Trump in fake school election
>they force people to go to church
Sometimes i feel like this is 100% of all reasons Christianity is so hated. It's all salty retards who got mad because they were forced to go to church like it's the worst thing ever. But muslims stoning women to death for not wearing burka? Nah, this shit is fine. I had to GO TO CHURCH. I had it much worse!
>they boot kids from their homes if they don't conform to their standards
sounds more like libtards, there are feminazis that abort their children if they are male
i don't understand this sentence, if you mean kicking off illegal immigrants, literally nothing wrong with that, they are in the country illegally and should simply fuck off
>they appose science and want to live in 1950's
that's funny because it's libtards who are suddenly bigger prudes than Victorian England, also maybe in America, because Catholic Church and Europe accepts evolution for longer than US and it's teached even in very religious contries
>they want a white nation
literally nothing wrong with that, whites are a minority globally
liberals jeer at anyone who has slightly different views than them
>>
>>38952877
Test is a hell of a drug. It it like a miracle. It goes to show just how much hormones can affect you. It's like tossing iodine on a axolotl.
>>
>>38952769
What the fuck do you want then faggot you want to be a woman but if someone comes up with a way to change you into one naturally you don't want it because then you won't be special just kyz
>>
>>38952930
No, I was born female and transitioned to male. If, however, my parents could have prevented me from wanting to transition and made me into a woman, I wouldn't exist. Being male is important to my identity.
>>
Liberals are less likely to understand and be able to explain conservative views than conservatives are able to understand and explain liberal views.

There's been a handful of studies done on things like this:
http://www.chronicle.com/blogs/brainstorm/liberals-conservatives-and-the-haidt-results/46113

Anecdotally, having been a liberal at one point, and now quite far-right, I do see this.
The left wing people tended to have little understanding of right wing positions or the reasoning behind them, and attributed most of them to malice or stupidity.
The right wingers I speak to now seem to understand most leftist views quite well, and can explain the reasoning behind them, they just think the reasoning is flawed.
I think much of it is to do with many of them, like me, having been liberal at an earlier point in their lives.

Come to think of it, most conservatives that I know were definitely on the left at some point.
It seems pretty common that people become conservative over time.
I see very few examples of the reverse though.
>>
>>38952898
>liberals harass their kids not only physically but also mentally, brainwashing them into thinking they need to choose their gender, also there was this one loud case where a mother yelled at her son because he voted Trump in fake school election

Huh? I have never heard of this

> But muslims stoning women to death for not wearing burka? Nah, this shit is fine. I had to GO TO CHURCH. I had it much worse!
I never went to church, and I find both reprehensible

>sounds more like libtards, there are feminazis that abort their children if they are male
I am convinced feminazis aren't real

>hat's funny because it's libtards who are suddenly bigger prudes than Victorian England

Wait what, I know straight up freaks.

>literally nothing wrong with that, whites are a minority globally
Look how small Europe is in comparison to the other continents, chillout dude

elaborate

more so those who are disabled.
>>
>>38952769
Beeing trans is not a favourable status and if we could I'd definitely support the removal of this illness.
>>
File: 1484967160779.png (257KB, 400x487px) Image search: [Google]
1484967160779.png
257KB, 400x487px
>>38953245
But anon, there already is a cure.
>>
>>38953245
What gives you the right to decide what is favorable? I'm perfectly happy existing as a trans person.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.