[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Mental illness" is a lie!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: sketch-1502235279692.png (1MB, 941x1920px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1502235279692.png
1MB, 941x1920px
Who has fallen for the "mental illness" meme closely followed by the physiatrist meme rounded off with the "medication" meme for good mesaure.

Well I hate to break it to you but their was truly nothing wrong with you in the first place, you just fell for a mass social hysteria perpertated by the media, to make you think that their was something wrong with you when you were fine and just experincing emotions like every other human being on earth?

Let me tell you why this phenomon came about and there is two main reasons.
Money:
>Mental illness is a multi billion world wide business that employs millions of people and gives big pharma the means to sell billions of pounds worth of "medication" world wide.

Power:
>Mental illness is essentially a gagging order that is put on people who challange the status quo who say "the emperor is naked", notice how many who criticise governments and unearth truths are called "nuts" or "insane" by the establishment and normies?
>The "medication" they subscribe is essentially the t-virus from resident evil that turns people into low IQ zombies or better yet subservient yes men who will not question authority.
>These drones will esentially hobble about their existance like a slave feeding on materialistic shit trying to feel better about themselves to block out nihlism doing what they want.
>these peope robbed of their humanity will never discover their inner spirtuity and trancend through the overton window in discovering life's questions and our place in the universe and being truly awakned.

More and more phycolgists and people in the medical proffesion are coming out every day and exposing this sham for what it really is, a money making exercise in which people suffer.
>Do the resarch and educate your self.
>Put the meds down
>find better alrernatives (see meme)
>liberate yourself
>Tell people around you.
>make memes.
>share articles and videos.
>expose big pharma and physiatrist's.

Lets bring down this house of cards!
>>
File: images (40).jpg (12KB, 225x225px)
images (40).jpg
12KB, 225x225px
(1)

>These drones will esentially hobble about their existance like a slave feeding on materialistic shit trying to feel better about themselves to block out nihlism doing what they want.
>these peope robbed of their humanity will never discover their inner spirtuity and trancend through the overton window in discovering life's questions and our place in the universe and being truly awakned.

More and more phycolgists and people in the medical proffesion are coming out every day and exposing this sham for what it really is, a money making exercise in which people suffer.
>Do the resarch and educate your self.
>Put the meds down
>find better alrernatives (see meme)
>liberate yourself
>Tell people around you.
>make memes.
>share articles and videos.
>expose big pharma and physiatrist's.

Lets bring down this house of cards!
>>
Bumpity bump bump bumpity.
>>
Except you completely dodged a big point.
What about the people who want to fuck kids? What about the people who want to kill people out of pleasure? Those people have mental illnesses, and if not, please address how they're different than normal people (you can't say theyre not different)
>>
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c31_1466476415
>>
>>38945964
is wank man this shit aint no different than a religion
>>
If mental illness is a meme then why do I feel like shit all the time
>>
>>38945964
Just in case you didn't see my reply to you in my thread about bipolar disorder where you asked me to see this here it is:

>You fucking idiot, i know it is not a lie because I fucking have it, go Google psychosis and determine if that is imagined!
>>
>>38945964
Meds have helped immensely with my schizophrenia and therapy also helped a lot with my anxiety
>>
>>38945964
This whole website and this board especially is proof that mental illness exsists
>>
>The voices in my head are just me feeling emotions
good to know
>>
File: 1500547843531.jpg (67KB, 720x687px)
1500547843531.jpg
67KB, 720x687px
>>38945964
Fuck off faggot, have a psychotic episode where you just turn up in a psych ward and say that it was a lie.
>>
>>38946262
They are normal like all of us just choose to make bad decisons, they may be diffrent in their social interaction, devlopment and the way they go about their lives but they are not ill by any means and certainly dont need medicaion though having said that a cyanide pill in some cases.
>>
>>38947108
You're full of shit and retarded. kill yourself
>>
>>38946324
Emotions, diffrent genecticts, social devolpment and might just be going through a sad point in life.
It dosent make you "ill" and mean you must take meds to become normal.
>>
the only real mental illness is schizophrenia
>>
>>38946326
You dont have an illness just diffrent genectics and social devolpment to others.
You may experince intense emotions but thats just the way you are, your not ill and certainly dont need medication to be "normal" its like straighting your hair, because curly hair is an illness.
>>
>>38945964
Honestly if a doctor offered me some pills to get through my shitty life I'd probably take them

If I had insurance I'd talk to a therapist to get meds

Life is a struggle
>>
>>38947168
>HURR DURR YOU ARE NOT MENTALLY ILL, YOU ARE JUST UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE BAD EMOTIONS, GENETICS, SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT, AND A ROUGH PATCH IN YOUR LIFE.

How the fuck is that NOT an illness?

You're saying if someone is depressed, that they are not ill; instead they just have poor genetics and social development?

Then I can say that cancer is not an illness. Cancer is just the product of poor genetics and lifestyle.

An illness is an illness when a sickness causes harm. It doesn't matter if it is of the body or mind. Since depression is a sickness of the mind, that definitely DOES make it an illness.
>>
>>38946330
Helped or simpy supressed you of who you are?
"mental illliness" are not diseases but simpy the way you are as a human and the way you go about your life, you are not ill and certainly dont need medication.
>>
>>38947330
>who you are?
I am a schizophrenic person
So yes they are suppressing that schizophrenic side of me
>>
>>38946411
"Mental illness exists"?
Or simply that there are many people with diffrent social devolpmemt and genectics.
If mental illness exists then so does "knickerbocker glory syndorme".
Mental illnesse's were invented not come across and found like other genuine illnesses such as cancer, heart diseases and aids etc.
>>
Psychodynamic therapy is a meme. Working with masters level clinicians is a joke. Seeing a doctoral level psychologist in an evidenced based practice is effective.
>>
>>38946517
"Phyclogical break down" or simply rage of emotional stress as all humans experince at least one time in their life.
Your case just means you have diffrent genectics and a social devolpent, you are not "ill" you were simply emotional and probbaly did things lots of people do when emotional out of free will.
>>
>>38947196
what if schizophrenia is actually just some special ability that only some people have
>>
>>38947130
How plesant, revert to attacking your oponent when you know you are losing the argument.
Face it mental illness is an artfical conception, yes people have diffrent social devolpment and genectics but that does not mean they need medication.
It can be almost compared to personality types how you get a whole range off diffrent ones some rarer than others.
>>
>>38947249
Implying meds will make your life better.
Go and see a phycolgist some one who works day and day out in studying how the mind works they will offer you natural alternatives that dont involve doping yourself up to the eyeballs, and will simpy offer constructive advice on how to deal with your life and teach you ways of dealing with stress and emotions we all experince.
>>
>>38947302
Cancer kills people.
Mental illness doesnt.
People who have diffrent social devlopment and genectics might make rash decions such as self harm and suicide, but normal people do that who arent "mentally ill"

Plus cancer was discoverd by doctors on live people and noted down in a medical journal.
"Mental illnesses" were made up and coined by phyciatrists who might aswell have been writing harry potter.
>>
>>38947168
I do need meds to be normal. I've done all the self-improvement memes--meeting people, exercising, eating healthy, doing better at school. First of all, it's way too hard to do it when you have social anxiety and depression. Second of all, it only helps momentarily. After the adrenaline rush fades or your friends have to go, your still stuck with those suicidal thoughts. Meds have helped me immensely. Now I can do all those things without it being a fucking chore. I can act somewhat normal without it being antithetical to my being.
>>
>>38947440
Oh without a doubt Physcolgists are truly something else who could sell ice to an eskimo.
I used to have a history teacher who done and A level in phycolgy, and he was hands down my best teacher he knew how to teach and knew how to get every involved even people who didnt want to be there, he just had that way about him where he must have used jedi mind tricks whislt teaching.
I dont understsnd why it isnt compolsory for teachers desu?
>>
>>38947828
>Cancer kills people.
>Mental illness doesnt.
So does that mean arthritis isn't an illness because it doesn't kill people?

>People who have diffrent social devlopment and genectics might make rash decions such as self harm and suicide
I wouldn't necessarily call that a "rash" decision. Are you saying that suicide is unjustifiable?

>but normal people do that who arent "mentally ill"
So you're saying that depression is not a mental illness, because although depressed people commit suicide, so do people who are not depressed? WELL in that case, brain cancer is not an illness, because although people with brain cancer die from brain haemorrhaging, so do people who do not have brain cancer.

>Plus cancer was discoverd by doctors on live people and noted down in a medical journal.
So what? How does that prove that cancer is an illness, but depression is not?

>"Mental illnesses" were made up and coined by phyciatrists who might aswell have been writing harry potter.
How so? Many people are depressed. Many people commit suicide. Saying they have a "mental illness" is perfectly valid.
>>
>>38947940
the deteriation of cartilage however a "mentally ill" person has no physical signs of deterition.

Of couse it is its selfish to those who are left behind afterwards and is truly a cowards way out isnstead of facing life head on, however assisted suicide by turning off life support machines as it ends a painful suffering and is justified.

>your logic is flawed first off "mental illness" dosent exist its a diffrent state of mind and is not an illness so there is just people comiting sucide regardless.
>secondly thats like I shot that guy but the bullet didnt kill him, it was just his ruptured stomach that killed him.
>there are many diseses that bring on other conditons as a result, just having a diffrent state of mind means nothing.

>cancer was physically seen with the eyes of man through deteriation of the body, "mental illness" last time i checked did nothing to the body.

>people are not deppresed they simpy are experincing emotions like we all do, they are not ill and certainly should not take meds to cure it when they could simpy make some lifestyle changes just as sad people do to improve their lives by
>exercising
>eating heathy
>going outside
Etc.
>>
>>38945964
I don't care my meds make me feel better
>>
Itt: people so sheltered that they have never once encountered a crazy person
>>
>>38945964
>it's another "those fuckers who suddenly had ADD now suddenly have something else" episode

illness snowflakes need to be shot.
>>
>>38947828
>People who have diffrent social devlopment and genectics might make rash decions such as self harm and suicide, but normal people do that who arent "mentally ill"
No, they don't. Unless it's an accident, healthy minded people don't just kill themselves out of the blue. It's really fucking hard to push someone to suicide.
>>
File: 1501841067394.png (307KB, 965x1047px)
1501841067394.png
307KB, 965x1047px
>>38945964
>pic related
it's like I am when I don't take meds

With meds: I don't hear voices telling me I'm basically Jesus that I have to take them at their word, and I don't start fires. I'm quite happy with that. I can function normally and hold down a job, lead a normal social life, etc..

So thank you very much, but I'll stick with psychiatry and meds OP, and not listen to some retard on the internet telling me otherwise, nice try though.
>>
as someone with adhd i know for a fact i can't function in society without the medication. in a way it does turn me into a mindless worker drone but only long enough to get through the work day like everyone else does.

the only solution where i could get by without medication really is to change how society works, and taking meds is easier.
>>
File: 1501255498974.png (26KB, 527x409px)
1501255498974.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>38945964
Either this is the greatest bait I've seen in a while or this is the dumbest thread I've seen in months.
>>
>>38945964
Wait shit really?
Thank god, now i don't have to worry about trying to keep my ever increasing urge to kill all of my friends contained and subdued.
>>
>>38947828
>Cancer kills people.
>Mental illness doesnt.

adhd sufferers have lower life expectancy when they're untreated. i'm sure the same is true of many other mental illnesses.
>>
>>38948571
"Thats a good goy carry on taking your happypills"
*laughs while rubbing hands intensly.
>>
>>38946330
I'm like this guy. I'm ya boi Lil Schizy, and I wouldn't have been able to get over my anxiety without having meds to help me face my irrational fears. I rarely take meds anymore, but to say they're useless is to undermine what benefits they might have when not taken perpetually.
>>
File: 2475156.main_image.jpg (360KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2475156.main_image.jpg
360KB, 1500x1500px
>>38948635
They are not "ill" if people kill themselves or are persuaded into doing anon simpy just people overcome with emotion and let life get the most of them.
>What about the japs who commited mass ritual sucicide during the war?
>and still do today when they fail to secure bussiness deals and bring dishonour to the family.
Surely all those cant be wrote off as mentally "ill"?
>>
File: HeHeHe.jpg (58KB, 530x800px)
HeHeHe.jpg
58KB, 530x800px
nah, there's some crazy people out there in the world - that's why everyday we stray further from god. story time!
>be me, going to a university in nyc
>too much of an autist to realize how liberal the school is, stuck it out for 4 years without becoming a sjw
>be in 4th year, meet a freshman in the dorm
>can tell from the way he acts/looks that he's gay
>don't pay attention to it cause "let bygones be bygones"
>befriend european girl from a foreign exchange program
>didn't get close till the end of the year, but she socialized with a group of freshman - gay dood is in it
>become the best of friends with her
>start telling funny stories that happened over the year
>tells me that the gay dood sexually identifies as a woman
>"okay..." i reply
>tells me that the gay dood, however, is sexually attracted to other women
>"oh..."
>so she tells me that he is actually a she, and gay dood apparently tried to get with her
>but she was creeped out and said no - she's a good girl
>at this stage brain is struggling to comprehend this mind fuck of a lesbian trapped in a man's body
>can't compute, brain goes into overload for the rest of the night

anyone else have a similar story? i think it's straight up retarded, the dood has to have a mental disorder unless he's using it as a ploy to get with all the sjw
>>
>>38948531
>the deteriation of cartilage however a "mentally ill" person has no physical signs of deterition
But the brain exists within the physical realm, you idiot. Meaning that your thoughts, memories, and personality, exist within PHYSICAL OBJECTS. There IS a physical sign of mental illness. We just lack the technology necessary to properly recognize the physical deterioration.

Just because you can't see the physical signs, doesn't mean they don't exist. People didn't think germs exist. "LOL I CANT SEE GERMS SO THEY DON'T EXIST".

>Of couse it is its selfish to those who are left behind
So it's selfish for someone to choose to end THEIR OWN LIFE, because it might upset someone else? Does that mean I can go up to a girl, ask if she wants to fuck, and when she says no she is selfish?

Is it not selfish for people to force a suicidal individual into living a life they would rather end?

>>your logic is flawed first off "mental illness" dosent exist its a diffrent state of mind and is not an illness so there is just people comiting sucide regardless.
Sorry, buddy, you might want to look up the definition of illness. "a disease or period of sickness affecting the body or mind."

>>cancer was physically seen with the eyes of man through deteriation of the body, "mental illness" last time i checked did nothing to the body.
Depression causes an increase in cortisol; a stress hormone. That's one thing that can be seen with your eyes.
Excess cortisol over long periods of time causes certain parts of the brain to shrink. That's another thing that can be seen with your eyes.

>>people are not deppresed they simpy are experincing emotions like we all do
So people do not die of cancer... they are simply dying like we all do?

>they are not ill
According to the definition of "ill" they are.

I exercise. I eat very healthily. And I go outside. I'm still depressed. I'm still a lonely loser.
>>
You're right, OP.

Its all a fabrication. I already stopped taking my meds and seeing my doctors.

I'll be dead within a month.
>>
>>38948998
Try bone tapping and an alkaline diet to combat the acidity in your current diet.
>>
>>38948660
Ive rammed a scaford pole through someones front window and continued to smash every window to his flat whilst being completley full of rage in wanting my money back he owed me and continued to try and break down his front door unitl police came and arrested me in the act I wasnt even drunk ethier!

Before i did it I had a concince telling me in my head whenever or not to do it that was eating away at me for days in regards to whenether or not I should get violent to get it back and what would the concequences be whilst jugging whenever to "fight or flight" i was even seing visons in my head whilst not sleeping as to how the act would be carried out on the day.

How is having a "mental illness" any diffrent than something we all experince?
You dont see them giving meds to children who think they see monsters in their room when the lights are out.
>>
>>38949224
That's because that's a physical misrepresentation of what the child is actially seeing. You turn on the lights and nothings there.
Someone with schizophrenia has it as a mental misrepresentation of what they're seeing. You turn on the light and they can see the exact same thing.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.