[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is losing weight a meme? >average adult needs about 2000

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1501739869019.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501739869019.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
Is losing weight a meme?

>average adult needs about 2000 calories per day to function
>to lose weight, you need to burn more calories through exercise than you gain them from eating
>10,000 steps burns about 400 calories
>to break even, you need to take 50,000 steps per day
>one pound equals 3500 calories
>if you eat 2000 calories per day, 60,000 steps would result in losing 400 calories
>take 9 days to lose 1 pound this way
>540,000 steps required to lose one fucking pound
>>
Actually not true. You said burn more calories from exercise than you eat in a day. You just have to burn more calories period than you eat in a day. The thing is, you're always burning calories. The reason your body needs food at all is to use as fuel for activity. From pumping blood, to thermal regulation, to providing the electrical signals that allow you to pick up a remote control, your body is always burning calories. Exercise is needed in order to push calories lost over calories gained. So no, it's not a meme.
>>
>>38945620
anon
how do i stop being a fatass
im 5'10" and weight about 160
ive been exercising for a month and only lost about five or six pounds
i mad
>>
>>38945460
>average adult needs about 2000 calories per day to function
that's just wrong
>>
>>38945822
But that's perfectly within reason, hell its better than the norm of 1lb/week. Losing weight is a marathon, not a sprint. Suck it up princess, you did this to yourself after all
>>
Uh, you have to eat less.
>>
You burn 2000 just sitting on your ass all day. It's gaining weight that is a meme. It takes something like 3000 just to get a normal BMI. How the fuck is someone supposed to cram that much food in with just 24 hours, and then have to repeat it the next day.
>>
>>38945835
So what's the correct number
>>
>>38945914
well its different for everyone but the average in america is actually 2350 per day
>>
File: 1475141319135.gif (16KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475141319135.gif
16KB, 633x758px
>176cm
>120 kg
>eat only two meals a day, breakfast and dinner
>do this for 6+ weeks
>lost 3kg
I know that I'm supposed to do some activity like running or lifting weights as well but its SO FUCKING BORING. I don't want to change my entire diet either. These last months I've been going +-0 and stayed at 120kg because I've reduced the amount of candy and snacks I eat a lot. I just wish I was thin again because I can now manage to stay at the current weight. I tried taking a walk with the dog but my rectangular feet makes it a pain to walk with my current shoes as they're too small on the sides and one of them are broken near the heel and gave me a sore heel which made it even more of a pain to walk. Fuck losing weight is a pain in the ass.
>>
>walking to burn weight effectively
oh you
>>
>>38945460
Listen, you want to be lazy as fuck and still lose weight? Walk on the treadmill with a decent incline. It's low intensity, makes your legs big, and you'll be sweating like a motherfucker. 35-40 minutes a day 3 days a week and you're good.
>>
>>38945460
Go to >>>/fit/ and read the fucking sticky.

BMR isn't this hard to understand.
>>
Its fucking astounding how clueless fatties are on this subject
>>
>>38946097
But my legs will hurt. I can only handle 15 - 20 minutes max.
>>38946274
What do you expect? It's like wondering how a normalfag doesn't know everything about anime/vidya. I'm a fattie and I have never had any interests in sports or working out so I've never bothered. It's more strange how you can't put yourself in someone else's shoes and come up with the answer by yourself.
>>
>>38945822
Eat less, I mean eat like 2 smalk meals per day. Its really fucking difficult but thats why there are more fat people than there are hot people
>>
Any tips for gaining weight and getting swole?
I've been working out for a while and need to eat least 2600 calories a day but I still can't seem to gain a pound.
Though I'm getting toned and am stronger my physical weight hasn't changed at all.
>>
>calls himself a robot
>he actually eats food
Normies get out
>>
>>38945460
K E T O G E N I C
D I E T

i sit on my ass all day and eat as much as i want, i just have to watch my carb intake. i'm down 40 lbs already.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.