[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which degrees are useless in your opinion ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: rl25.png (184KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
rl25.png
184KB, 500x500px
Which degrees are useless in your opinion ?
>>
>>38945425
Anything that isn't STEAM.
>>
>>38945425
Everything art related. Either you are talented or not.
>>
>>38945468
>sjws try to shoehorn art into objective sciences
>>
File: 1462066283028.jpg (72KB, 400x601px) Image search: [Google]
1462066283028.jpg
72KB, 400x601px
>>38945425
>Which degrees are useless in your opinion ?
any degree that isn't Japanese
>>
>>38945468
What the fuck does the A mean?
>>
Art, philosophy, fashion, [insert minority group here] studies, but honestly the only thing that's actually worth something is learning a trade. I don't think anyone should actually commit to 4 years of college and the massive debt that comes along with it unless they're 110% positive they know what they want to do. It's not cheap and I know so many people who aren't even using their degree.
>>
The one that is Mine ;;~;;
>>
>>38945507
Arts. It's the new "soft science" part of STEM
>>
Depends on what you mean by useless. Some degrees are useful personally, but don't directly relate to a high paying career and vice versa. But it doesn't really matter if you don't "network." It's more about who you know not what you can do.
>>
>>38945425

Probably most except certain science/research fields and business.

-t. english major

>>38945507

Architecture. I can kind of see why they'd include it but they really shouldn't have
>>
>>38945687

Wtf I just looked up STEAM and it is in fact arts now. I KNOW it used to be architecture at some point what the fuck, that's even more retarded
>>
>>38945732
>it's actually arts
Fucking Kek! I was only memeing in >>38945589 but you're right it is fucking arts hahahahaha.
>>
55 degrees Celsius is pretty useless
>>
Most of y'all are saying everything that isn't Stem, but that isn't really true. If you plan on going to graduate school, then basically anything can be a good major. If you don't, then a STEM major is the best. Least useful majors I'd have to say are the "Studies" majors. Again, a lot of people said the arts generally, but I know a shitload of music majors that went on to have good careers. so that isn't entirely accurate. My advice; go with something you're good at, or think you would be good at. If you know you'd be a shit engineer, don't try it because nobody will want to hire you.
>>
>>38945425
Women and Gender studies is probably the most useless.
>>
None. A degree is the new high school diploma
>>
>>38945790
Not if you live in Australia....
>>
>>38945796
I worked with a guy who had an arts degree in philosophy but was really good at Japanese (reading and speaking, wasn't a weeb) and got a position on the board of education in Japan
>>
>>38945842
There's also african-american studies
>>
>>38945425
Anything that isn't STEM, medicine, finance, or law.
>>
>>38945425
engineering. enjoy getting jobcucked by pajeet and chang
>>
>>38945425
English

vcdbcvdcbdvdbv
>>
>>38948392
>engineering. enjoy getting jobcucked by pajeet and chang
I am indian though
>>
Majoring in poli sci. How fucked am I?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.