[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /r9k/ like Radiohead?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3467.jpg (82KB, 945x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3467.jpg
82KB, 945x591px
Does /r9k/ like Radiohead?
>>
>>38941209
I like a couple songs by them, but that's it.

Do YOU like radiohead?
>>
>>38941209
I like a few songs but:
>never bought any vinyl, cd, tape, or digital music from them
>no posters or clippings
>probably wouldn't go see them in concert unless I got a free ticket
But actually really like quite a few songs: No Surprises, Motion Picture Soundtrack, Everything in its Right Place, Knives Out, Creep

Been thinking about getting a vinyl but not sure which one... any suggestions?
>>
>>38941209

Which one of those guys is Radiohead?
>>
>>38941557
The guy all the way on the right next to Billy Corgan.
>L to R: Johnny Marr, Sufjan Stevens, Willie Nelson, Billy Corgan, Radiohead.
>>
>>38941668

Thanks lad. Do you know where he got the name?
>>
More like Gaydiohead am i rite?
>>
i never got into them they remind me of coldplay
>>
>>38941209
>creep
Speaks to me the most lyrically
>karma police
The song itself makes me feel the strongest not so much as the lyrics
>paranoid android
>fake plastic trees
Those are just good but not as good as the other two
>>
>>38941536
Not even mentioning karma police. Who are you?
>>
>>38941209
annoying but a couple good songs.

p.s. thom yorke cant sing and it gets old quickly
>>
>>38941694
His penis reminded his first girlfriend of a Sony Walkman, which was the radio of the 1980s, she loved giving him "radiohead", it took off from there
>>38941721
Yellow is a beautiful song but I can't get into anything else by them
>>38941737
You're right, that song slipped my mind, its sick too: so I'm thinking Kid A, Amnesiac, OK Computer on vinyl?
>>
File: 1489936485221.jpg (2MB, 970x1787px) Image search: [Google]
1489936485221.jpg
2MB, 970x1787px
Radiohead is THE robot's band. I grew up with Muse, but you eventually realize that they're just watered-down radiohead. Start with The Bends or OK Computer, then move on to In Rainbows or Hail to the Thief. After that you should be good for Kid A and the rest of their catalog. IMO Kid A and OKC are the best they've done (Kid A is legitimately perfect and it is their most Robot-like album). It takes a while but once you get them, It's hard to find stuff that's as good.
Use good headphones.
>>
File: 1498435240095.png (162KB, 300x378px) Image search: [Google]
1498435240095.png
162KB, 300x378px
ask /mu/, they love thom yorke and the radioheads
>>
>>38942057
That's funny cos I heard HttT and IR are they're weakest works.

I've decided to drop over $100 of my hard earned money on The Bends, OKC, Amnesiac, and Kid A on vinyl.

Ever since sort of accidentally getting a sound system (a silver Kenwood direct drive turntable and matching silver Kenwood receiver from circa 1981 that I found at a thrift store for forty bucks for both, which apparently sell on eBay for hundreds, which I paired with some brand new Sony tower speakers) I've been obsessed with how good vinyl sounds, I've gotten stuff from Starfucker, T-Rex, MGMT, David Bowie, Evanesence (no bully pls), The Smiths, American Football, Iron Maiden, The 1975, and The Cure (to name a few) and I feel like I'm listening to music for the first time.

tl;dr just got cool vintage record player, looking for music to blow my mind

inb4 /mu/ they're kinda pretentious and I'm not getting into that NMH record they're always going on about, also not rly into Kendrick & co.
>>
File: radiohead.gif (2MB, 320x216px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.gif
2MB, 320x216px
what's their best album orginallay?
>>
>>38943046
Ok computer or kid A
Oregano origami
>>
>>38941890
i'd go with Kid A, but thats just my opinion because i love Idioteque.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.