[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all your years on this planet, what have you learned? Give

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 10

File: steve-austin.png (445KB, 722x749px) Image search: [Google]
steve-austin.png
445KB, 722x749px
In all your years on this planet, what have you learned?

Give me something insightful that isn't about girlfriends/relationships or something that really makes you think.
>>
You can't put your life on pause/on hold. You think you need to do something as a prerequisite before you allow yourself to work on what you really want to, but time doesn't care. You will simply get older, and lose valuable time.
>>
>>38938758
It is best to save your energy rather than to argue. I used to be very combative with my political/social opinions. While I still hold those opinions, I learned that argueing about it is pointless. Best to save your energy for when you actually can make a difference.
>>
File: tumblr_o3s9xbHwYm1v5f3w6o3_1280.jpg (249KB, 1280x643px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3s9xbHwYm1v5f3w6o3_1280.jpg
249KB, 1280x643px
>>38938758
Everything that happens in life is just a series of actions and reactions. If you dont make an action you cannot expect a reaction to happen.
>>
Anyone and everyone has the chance to be normal, be a face in the crowd, and live life like most people do. But, only select people can take advantage of life and become known by everyone and remembered even hundreds of years from now. Don't waste your life living like everyone else does, quiet and normal. Become famous, iconic, legendary, whatever. Don't waste your life.
>>
I know how to get down. I know how to fight.

I bark very little, but I know how to bite. Bite.
>>
>>38938758
That people telling to live days like "its the last one" are complete failures since you should, on the contrary, live every day like the FIRST one.

Build your future and never make a burden of the past.
>>
>>38938758
Either accept or revolt. Complaining is a waste of time and energy.
>>
>>38938758
If you're going to take the face guard off your floor fan its just a matter of time before it viciously spanks you about sixty times when you try to squeeze past it.
>>
File: images (36).jpg (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (36).jpg
13KB, 259x194px
>>38938758
>The saying "dont judge a book by its cover" is bullshit always judge someone on their first imperssions in regards to weight, smartness, clenliness and hygiene as it will tell you everything about a persons character in regards to everything.
>we are only on this earth to continue the existance of our species like every other living organism, everything else inbetween is superficial and meaningnless to our puny existance.
>>
>>38938891
I can understand why not to go all YOLO, because you won't have shit to survive on tomorrow if you already wasted it like it was your last day.

But why live like your first? You can hardly call it living if you're so frugal and meticulous about everything, because it's "for the future".
>>
>>38939346

That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard. You sound like a really shitty person tbqh.

One of my buddies weighs 110kg, and goes to the barber like once every 4 months. Yet he also is highly intelligent and super chill. The fucker even has a hot gamer gf, while i am sitting here as a KHV.
>>
I learned that a 4 year university degree does not count as 4 years of experience, even if it was a STEM degree
>>
>>38938839
I KNOW HOW TO CHASE A CAT UP IN A TREE
>>
>>38939608
a degree is just a piece of paper. while you're in college you need to constantly ask around people, professors, faculty, visitors, guests whatever and tell them your life story eventually one of them might sympathize and say "hey i know a guy who could..."

if you're not social then i dunno make a resume and try to seek employment in an entry level field at least tangentially related to what you study/studied but DONT put your degree on your resume or else they might think you're overqualified
>>
Lie to anyone you want but don't lie to yourself. The basis of rational decisions is accurate information. If you're not honest with yourself, you're setting yourself up for failure because all your plans are based on incorrect starting information.

This board and pol as well commit the fallacy of equating being different or contrarian to being smart. The population of these boards are generally disenfranchised with low social standing. You need something to feel good about so you cling to the fallacy that you're smarter than other people when really you're just different from other people.

The best thing you can do is accept that you aren't a genius who's being kept down because you're a White male. You're being kept down by your own inferiority, namely you only have an IQ of 100-115, you function poorly socially, and you're lazy. If you can accept these things, you can make a plan to maximize your life with these constraints. Or you can continue being bitter and whine on imageboards.
>>
A relationship is a waltz to the top and a race to the bottom.

Don't believe the dogmatic lies of the outdated normies. High-tier prostitues are safer investments then wives.

We are living in a cultural dark age.
>>
>>38938758
>n-nothin *burps* really matters m-morty
>wabba lub rub whatever haha

i dont know man,everything is subjective,you can literally think whatever you want of this shithole,personally i try to focus on people that make me happy,even tho there are few
>>
File: 1501821967224.jpg (267KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501821967224.jpg
267KB, 640x960px
>>38939591
Shitty person or just a harsh realist who you dont want to admit is true?

>Be policeman trying to solve a sexually motivated murder case.
>narrow it down to 7 victims
>5 smartly dressed white middle class white collar men who have no previous criminal convictions and all have wife and kids
>One smartly dressed middle class black white collar man who has no previous convictions and has a wife and kids.
>one thug looking tyrone welfare leech with golden teeth, tatoos a snapback jewlery and has previous convictions in regards to sexual assualt and manslaughter.
Your telling me you wouldnt focus most of your resources into the latter because its unfair and a chance it might not be him?

Take another for example.
>Bitch gives birth to 7 wolf cubs.
>1 clear alpha
>5 Clear Betas
>And one runt of the litter.
>food is hard to come by and she knows she must make a sacrifice for the survival of the her litter by using one of her litter as food for the rest to have a chance of surviving winter?
So your telling me the Mother would spare the runt and choose another?
Wake up stop buying into marxist naratives of "equality" and "acceptance" and take to heart life as it really is harsh, unforgiving and to be judged by its cover!
>>
>>38940074

woops forgot I'm on /r9gay/
>>
>>38939591
(1)
Of "equality" and "tollerance" and learn to accept that life is grueling, unforgiving and is judged by its cover and so should you.
Yes Im sure their are degenerates and deplorapbles you have met who seemed like better people, but thats only because of the jewish news media social enginering by the KGB that has infultrated our sociteys that has infected the minds of many and made us to accept outcasts and the gregs of socitey or better said untermensch as "equal" to sucsesful smart, tallented, beautiful people who are superior and to be regarded as ubermensch.
>>
File: 1501266368378.jpg (113KB, 726x662px) Image search: [Google]
1501266368378.jpg
113KB, 726x662px
>>38938758
Hard work doesn't always pay off and sometimes there's no clear solution to anything in this world, so you just gotta face the music and understand that you're not gonna what you want in life even if you do work for it. All you can do is try and hope for a better alternative.
>>
One person is the smallest you can make a government, monarchy is the final stage of centrism.
>>
>>38940132
>10 minutes later no reply

still trying to write something that isn't just textbook cherry picking or did you just leave?
>>
>>38939405
There is many ways to live the first day of your life. You could start something new by throwing a huge party, too - it's only about looking in the right direction.

A frugal life isn't necessarily unhappy either. Being frugal is a great ego boost and makes you enjoy things to their true value.
>>
>Attempting to categorize people, groups, systems, etc. and make them fit a script you already have in your head to interpret their actions is quite often pointless
>You don't have to come to closure with every mystery in the world because you never will, and you're not that important

Probably sounds like the most obvious shit in the world to some people but until a couple of years ago I struggled with autistically trying to make sense of literally everything.
>>
>>38940132
How is such a narative "gay"?
First off it is acknowledging homosexuals are sexual deviants who break the natural tune of the old guard ,and as result are to be regarded as degenerate sexual deviants and inferior humans on a social level comapared to those who uphold traditional values and choose to be hetrosexual.
Secondally if you were refering to it in a "light hearted and carefree way" you are very mistaken as such a philsophical outlook to life is completly the opposite and is some what deppresing and quite sad.
>>
>>38940074
Presuming by cover is fair game. Judging by cover will lead you to a shit tons of mistakes, but feel free, it's your life man
>>
>>38940556
hello?

most people pronounce /r9k/ like are nine kay.
I wrote /r9gay/ because if you say it the same way you'd say /r9k/ it would rhyme, and it also calls this place gay because I hate the robot filter, which is the only reason that post even had text.

I'll put it in long form because clearly you cant infer what might as well be written in plain english:

You are cherry picking very specific groups of people and situations, making your point of view seem more like the only smart way to think by way of ignoring the fact that many real life lineups are often made up entirely of people who've already been convicted of a crime. With the remainder of people appearing on a police lineup being suspects in an active case, which would also impede your ability to judge someones guilt based entirely on their appearance.

The wolf example is also fucking retarded because momma wolf didn't give one fuck about the content of that wolfs character or its relation to its appearance, therefore she wasn't judging a book by its cover, she was just acting on an instinct to weed out pups in her litter that looked like they wouldn't make it anyway.
>>
>>38940384
Text book cherry picking sorry anon I didnt understand what you were getting at first now i know thanks kek.

Im sorry to disapoint you but all of my posts are hand written accept for what i use quotation marks on.
You could say the example about the wolf's are from a biolgy text book as copying, but that was written as my own and simply formulated as a real life example in the natural wolrd along side many other such instances, to back up my argument and to call that cherry picking arguments to suit me is purley ludicrous.
To further mention at least I gave you reasoning behind my views and didn't just say "whatever I belive is right and anon is a faggot for not beliving it." Typiclal aproach as wittnesed here multiple times a day.
>>
There's this old story about an Indian chief.
One day he walks up a mountain.
He spends a long time on the mountain and the people of his tribe become worried.
So they sent a man to check on the chief.
The man reaches the chief and asks him: "You've been here a long time. What are you doing?"
"There is a war going inside my mind. Two wolves are fighting. The black wolf represents my doubts, insecurities and weakness. The white wolf represents my confidence, courage and strength" the chief replies.
The man then asks: "Then which one is winning?"
The chief replies: "Whichever one I feed."
>>
>>38940890
>at least I gave you a reason

You didn't give a reason behind your belief though, you just posted a ridiculously cherry-picked example of a lineup and implied everything in life is so black and white that you should just immediately dismiss or befriend people based on their appearance.

I still think your world view is flawed, because you cant prove it makes sense without presenting a logical fallacy as legitimate evidence to your argument.

I re-read your post and realized you were calling my ludicrous for calling your post cherry picking (by the way, is english your first language? I hope not.), please explain how your first example isn't a perfect textbook example of cherry picking a lineup of suspects so that only one member of the lineup both appears to be a criminal, and actually is, instead of what you'd be presented with in real life.
I'm not talking about the second example again, you can read how I feel about it at the end of this post >>38940761
>>
File: 1502074757143.png (67KB, 208x204px) Image search: [Google]
1502074757143.png
67KB, 208x204px
>>38940761
"Never judge a book by its cover."
Well lets have a look at some stastics from the Home office eh..
"One in four criminals went straight back to crime and were responsible for more than half a million new offences last year.
Half of the crimes were committed by career criminals who had at least 25 previous offences to their name.
It is the first time the scale of reoffending has been revealed and it showed repeat offenders were alone guilty of almost 90,000 violent or sexual offences."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8853042/Repeat-criminals-responsible-for-half-a-million-crimes.html

That shows that tyrone already has a 1/4 chance of commiting that crime over the others with no previous convictions.

As for the wolf mother well did she not judge a book by its cover by looking at the weakest and deciding that one will will have to be eaten, that wolf cub might have turned out to be an alpha one day, but no she didnt do that she went for natural insticts in wolves telling them that the strongest survive and the weakest die thus judging a cub by its cover.
>>
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll
>>
Don't eat glass-- It tastes like blood.
>>
>>38941307
Before I start writing the bulk of this, the alpha wolf theory is very quickly being disproven, a lot of people are starting to think that they just operate in big familial groups with multiple mother/father/litter relationships instead of alpha/the rest of the pack type shit, go the fuck away with your dumbass wolf example they don't have a concept of character or judging a book by its cover.
Alright.

I'm not disagreeing with your stats, I'm saying that in real life you're never going to get this situation presented to you
>here's 6 guys who've never committed a crime in their life, they all also have perfect families and everyone thinks they're great guys, and also they all cook a mean steak and volunteer at their local homeless shelter
>and here is the reanimated corpse of adolf hitler whos still holding a scalp with blonde hair on it
>who do you think killed the little blonde girl that went missing a week ago?
Doesn't that sound fucking retarded?
In reality its
>here's 7 guys in shirts and jeans, all of them have at least 2 connections to the case and 3 of them have previous convictions, but two of those convictions are for misdemeanor crimes like running a stop sign 18 years ago

And I'm still being really generous by sticking with this police lineup example that's already 1000% more conducive to judging a book by its cover than literally every other social situation in which your argument would immediately fall apart harder than it is now.
>>
>>38938758
Everything is a system, and you can't avoid sacrifices, only pick them.

Take an event such as a party for example, if you put energy into a party, ie. you talk to plenty of people, you sum up the bravery to go, you work out things to say, then the party will be good, if you don't put energy into it, then it'll be shit. This applies to just about everything I've experienced in life, however this comes with a sacrifice, i.e. that the energy you put into the system won't translate into a promising outcome, but a negative outcome, such as embarrassment, injury, or death. However, should the risk pay off, you'll be rewarded with positive experiences.
>>
Just because some is a human being doesn't make them a good person.
A really nice person who loves their family etc etc lots of friends has a nice smile. WHATEVER.
Those people can still murder, bitch about people, rape, manipulate people for bad intent, molest children. Whatever. The most likeable people probably deserve death.
Children can be evil to the point of deserving death too.
Life isn't as sacred as people think.
Most people go quietly and are forgotten. They don't care, and nobody else does for long.
>>
>>38938758

Getting your ass severely beat by life is the only way to escape being a robot. It is pretty much impossible to fix yourself if you are unable to move and you wont move until you are forced to do so just by your existence literally being threatened.

Most robots live their life on that edge of discomfort, where their life is shit, but still acceptable. You need something that reliably pushes you out of that zone to fix your shit.
>>
You can save money on condoms by turning them inside out and reusing them.
>>
File: 1500748542532.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1500748542532.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>38941434
Whoa didn't know about this shit, thanks for the info dump anon
>>
>>38941558
this 2bh
that nigga u responding to retarded
>>
>>38941558
"The wolf theory is starting to be disproved they are just families?"
I debunked that in a thread thead a while back about some some guy adam trying to say alpha and betas dont exist so here goes.
>Why do alpha wolves only breed with alpha females, and attack betas who try inpregnating the alpha bitch?
>why do female wolves eat the runt of their litter.
>why do alpha wolves get challenged by beta's in becoming leader of the pack?
>Why are alpha wolves the strongest looking and the lowest beta is no where near as strong.

As for the murder case well my anolgy was never implied as a rulebook for life but as a simple means to judge based on basic facts and sterotypes that are avaible at the time to make a quick logical examination, however to judge is diffrent than to walk blindly into an anwser that is not true.
I never said it was inherently true but for most of the time it is in various situations in life.
It can by no means be used in every case but in my example it can, your just distorting it to where my the case is clearly diffrent and has additonal things such as evidence that discredit my theroy of course when that comes you would dicredit the hypothesis that was only ever an estimate.
>>
File: 1488059488271.jpg (956KB, 1200x1502px) Image search: [Google]
1488059488271.jpg
956KB, 1200x1502px
>>38938758
>In all your years on this planet, what have you learned?
If you're going to kill a family, kill the mother/father first. Parents will go to ridiculous lengths to protect their children.

Edgiest advice in this thread, right?
>>
>>38942585
Kill your momma, kill your daddy
I'm the peaceman so understand me
Understand me
HEY, the weight goes small, and the weight goes high, jump out of your goldfish mask today

When you told me I was out of sap, I almost died right on your lap today

When you told me I was out of sap, I almost died right your lap today, heyeyeey heyyyyyy
>>
>>38941558
To further mention here are some examples where a book can be judged by their cover, i was never implying it as a rule for life so here goes some examples.

who do you put on the short list for an interview who has the same CV?
>someone with a badly laid out CV with Spelling mistakes and typos?
>An imaculate CV with no problems.

Who would you rather your daughter dated?
>A smartly dressed boy from a good family and good part of town?
>or a scruffy dresed boy by from a trailer park from a terrible family that drinks and dosent work?

Where would you rather send your kids to?
>A nice middle class neibourhood that lacks in crime and has good grades results?
>A run down inner city school that has crime abundant and has terrible grades?

what would you rather watch whislt scroling through netflix?
>A one star film with 50 reviews?
>or a 5 star film with 50 reviews?
>>
>>38942520
>It can by no means be used in every case but in my example it can

I can make up an example for literally any ideology to make it true,

>As for the murder case well my anolgy was never implied as a rulebook for life but as a simple means to judge

see your first post

>The saying "dont judge a book by its cover" is bullshit always judge someone on their first impressions in regards to weight, smartness, clenliness and hygiene as it will tell you everything about a persons character in regards to everything.
>always judge someone on their first impressions

on to your next post

>>38942958

>whos CV would you pick
Literally not judging the person, you're judging someones ability to put together a CV for a job, something they should take time on, you're literally reading through a book.
If you judged the CVs based on whatever cover they had, then you're judging the book by its cover, but in this situation you're literally reading through a book and then judging it based on the other ones.

>who would you rather your daughter date
Thats a weird one because I would let her decide, so in real life I'd never actually pick her boyfriend for her. I guess deep down I'd rather she date the one with a job rather than the one without, but its her life.

>where would I send my kids
Also a bad example, one is objectively worse than the other because you can see the results (one has bad grades, the other one good)
Its like if everyone who ever read book A shit themselves while reading it, but people who read book B only shit themselves 25% of the time, I don't care what the cover looks like at that point because I can see its functionally flawed.

>what would I watch
Again, better reviews means more people think its better, not judging the book at that point.

God you're bad at this, get better examples.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.