[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SJW Agenda Strikes Again

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: Thatonecompany.jpg (26KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Thatonecompany.jpg
26KB, 900x900px
A moment of silence for a man standing up for what is right, and being cut down by the forces arrayed against him.

Google engineer fired for speaking his mind.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
>>
I applaud google for taking action against this sexist pig who wrote that horrible manifesto.

>Please girls, have sex with me
>>
Read about it, not much we can do unfortunately. Google basically owns the internet.
>>
It doesn't matter if half the board of directors secretly agreed with this guy -- you can't publicly be opposed to Women in Tech as a modern corporation. I would have voted to have this guy fired as well. What else were they going to do? Make /r9k/ the first result of every search and put Egg White in charge of their public relations?

A company needs non-controversial congruency if it wants to make money and not be raped by the media.
>>
>>38933116
Obviously you didn't read the document, if you did you'd realize all he really did was address the fact that there are certain implicit differences between men and women, and that google unfairly discriminates against qualified men by catering to women in tech jobs.
>>
Isn't this topic better for /pol/?
I understand where the dude is coming from, though.

>>38933121
This. You can simply stop using their services. For example, if you use Google, use searx.me. Or if you use Chrome, use Pale Moon or Midori. I don't agree with the stopping of using services because of internal politics though. I think that software and services should be judged on what they actually do, rather than politics. https://stallman.org/google.html is why I don't use Google.

Also that pdf acted strange on my system. inb4 exploited the one time I don't put evince through firejail
>>
>>38933146
>you can't publicly be opposed to Women in Tech as a modern corporation.
Normally I'd agree but they're fucking Google.

What are people gonna do, use Bing?
>>
lol this guy got cucked so hard, its hilarious that he got fired, but i imagine he's gonna hop on that right wing welfare train like every other fired for being a shithead dude
>>
>>38933148
I don't need to read it. There used to be plenty of women in computer science until PCs came out and were soley marketed to boys and men.
>>
>>38933067
From what I've read he's likely going to deep dick Google in his wrongful termination suit.
>>
>write a whole fucking manifesto publicly disparaging your employer
>surprised when you get fired
>>
>>38933158
bing is actually not that bad
it is a bit cluttered, though
>>
>>38933247
I don't think he went public with it. I think someone else did. That said, it was ballsy to circulate it at work.
>>
File: IMG_0575.jpg (70KB, 560x366px)
IMG_0575.jpg
70KB, 560x366px
Martin Luther of 21st Century. Maybe this is the beginning and others follow upfront or anonymously.
>>
>>38933158
I use Duckduckgo.
>>
idk man, seems like he was arguing some dumb stuff. his "evidence" to say that as societies get more developed, gender roles differentiate more doesn't show that gender roles are natural and good, it just shows that developed countries have gender roles. one of the papers he linked even said that less developed counties have less gender differences.
only part i could vibe with was the whole "men aren't free from gender roles like women are," which i agree with. but feminism and sjw boogeymen aim to take down gender roles in general so idk what this clown is trying to say
>>
>>38933181
>confronted by well reasoned and factual argument that contradicts your established worldview
>"I don't need to read it"
I know I shouldn't be surprised by the low effort and close mindedness of sjw police, but for whatever reason I still hold out hope that one day, people like you will realize how harmful you are to our society. Willful ignorance is dangerous and cowardly.
>>
>>38934052
>one of the papers he linked even said that less developed counties have less gender differences
Because it's true. The more freedom you give to people to do what they want, the more gender differences grow. This can be seen happening in many Scandinavian countries.
>>
>>38934120
whats going on in acandanvia with their gender roles?
also i didnt make my point very well, i was trying to say that "developed" countries have more divisive gender roles because money, society, etc are social constructs. if an area goes really deep into being a state it follows that gender differences would increase as well.
also also how does one conduct a study on societies and cultures AND account for the fact that america's sphere of influence is the entire globe?
>>
SJWs should be fucking killed.

They have turned me into a horrible hateful person.
>>
>>38933067
lol talk about getting REKT

serves you right polshits, learn where your place is
>>
>>38934195
>people don't let me call people faggots or niggers waahh
>people won't let me turn america into an ethnostate waahh
>my employer won't let me write a paper shit talking them waahh
>the system works against minorities and i want to keep it that way waahh
>>
First, every fact that he states in the manifesto is accurate.

Second, the main point of his manifesto wasn't to state that women are biologically incapable of working in the tech industry. This guy summed it up pretty well >>38933148 It's just the media twisting his words to make a clickbait article.

Third, my problem with this whole thing is about him being fired. We're supposed to ignore facts, just so that we don't hurt the feelings of a minority.

And now that we've witnessed several times what happens if you go against political correctness even a little bit, with no matter how much evidence and facts, you can lose your job and get publicly shamed for it. People will become afraid to voice their opinions. They'll force themselves to believe and then we get into 1984 territory.
>>
>>38934231
I never wanted any of those things before.
>>
>>38934231
None of these things were stated in the letter, dipshit. Nobody who's sane actually wants those things.
>>
>>38934244
he got fired because he wrote a fucking manifesto disparaging his employer lmao
>>
>>38934244
>every fact that he states in the manifesto is accurate
lol no

>the main point of his manifesto wasn't to state that women are biologically incapable of working in the tech industry
it was literally his main point "hurr women arent good with computers because they socialize more"

>my problem with this whole thing is about him being fired
>don't follow the company's guidelines
>insult your employers and coworkers
>be surprised when you get fired
he wasn't fired for being anti-sjw, he was fired for being an insufferable little shit
>>
>>38934270
Complaints=/=manifesto. It's not like he could have taken his complaints to HR, they would of thrown him out the fucking door.
>>
>>38934274
>lol no
What a splendid argument. Care to ellaborate?

>it was literally his main point "hurr women arent good with computers because they socialize more"
No it was not. Read the manifesto again from a unbiased perspective and you might see how stupid your comment is.

>he wasn't fired for being anti-sjw, he was fired for being an insufferable little shit
He insulted no one. He stated the facts, provided insight on how the company deals with the topic and presented his ideas on how to fix the issues he saw in it.
>>
>>38934330
>What a splendid argument. Care to ellaborate?
you said the "facts" he stated were accurate without providing any proof (very much like him), so I really don't have much to elabroate on

>Read the manifesto again from a unbiased perspective and you might see how stupid your comment is
ok
"hurrr my psychological safety hurts because I see womyn and black ppl at work :("

>He insulted no one
no, just women, non-white people, lgbt people, and the company ideas which happen to defend all those groups of people
>>
>>38934430
Again, you seem to be missing the point of the document. He isn't saying "fuck minorities white guys rule!" He's asserting that by artificially favoring women and minority groups during the hiring and placement process google harms itself by failing to secure the top talent.
>>
>>38934571
>google harms itself by failing to secure the top talent
oh yes, google is doing so bad these days! It must be all that diversity!!!
>>
>>38934430
The fact that how little you know of the manifesto and your unwillingness to prove his facts wrong is an indication that having this argument with you isn't worth my time.

I could go through the 9 books I've read on leadership, management and organizational behavior and culture to find the facts, but I feel like your dismissal of facts already laid out, I would just be wasting my time.
>>
>>38934604
>>38934430

>>38934604
you sound like a big nosed roastie fucking kike from rebbit fuck off cunt.
>>
File: 1494130576162.jpg (392KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1494130576162.jpg
392KB, 800x1066px
Google, Twitter, Facebook, are all controlled by globalists.

the old theory was that Jews controlled the banks and the media. This is the new world - they control social media and governments.

The plan is one world government - the destruction of all nations and unification of the Earth under one language, currency, set of laws. Not a bad idea, if you think about it. The time has come, we have the technology

Language: English
Currency: new cryptocurrency (think bitcoin)
Laws: will be based off current United Nations frameworks
Races: will eventually go away due to eugenics and genetic engineering

Unfortunately, countries will dissolve, some will get nuked (Russia), hundreds of millions (possibly billions) will die in the war and starvation. The new ruling class will be Jewish. Technologies and processes like eugenics, parental licenses, IVF, genetic engineering will be used after this NWO is established.

This is the biggest truthbomb I can drop on your asses, but feel free to AMA.
>>
Good. Fuck him. Fuck you too. You have the right to say whatever you want in this country. That doesn't mean that everyone has to support what you say. This includes your employer. The internet affords you plenty of opportunities to speak your mind anonymously. Like when you encounter the comment field here on 4chan. I have said many offensive things here, many of which I have grown out of and no longer believe. But guess what none of these things are attached to my real name. I didn't go on Facebook and say this shit like a total dumbfuck. If you want to make your own grave you deserve to sleep in it.
>>
>>38934694
I'm not taking the manifesto seriously because it's literally the crap you expect to read on here or /pol/ but just worded in a nicer way (most likely because the guy who wrote it is probably a pussy)
In the end, he's just mad at a PRIVATE company for using the methods they want to to hire people, even if they have to sacrifice a bit of talent for it. So, he's dumb, and his manifesto is dumb too. He would have had a point if google wasn't constantly getting bigger and more powerful.
>>
>>38934604
As a publicly traded entity, Google management has a feduciary duty to its board of directors and shareholders to promote the success of its business. If an employee was hired because they were unfairly favored as a result of their minority status, there is a strong reason to believe that that employee will not be as productive or successful within the company than an employee who was hired on their merit alone. This means google pays more for less talent. Being a wildly successful tech giant, they can afford to take on these liabilities, but we should not delude ourselves into ignoring the fact that policies that favor irrelevant character traits like gender or race in hiring produce substandard levels of talent compared to hiring strictly for performance. Google doesn't ignore this fact, but chooses to believe that the benefits of a more diverse workforce earns them a more valuable asset (positive media coverage) than stricter hiring standards (better employees).
>>
>>38934770
And your employer should be able to fire you based on your religion too! So if your religion doesn't fit with the company culture, don't bring it up to your boss! Or if you have a certain political standpoint, they have no reason to keep you of they disagree with you. You don't have a right to a job, if you work for google you believe what google tells you to believe. End of story.
>>
>>38934840
>Google doesn't ignore this fact, but chooses to believe that the benefits of a more diverse workforce earns them a more valuable asset (positive media coverage) than stricter hiring standards (better employees).
and google is doing better and better each day. That's the only fact that matters here. It's not a "what if". So it seems that google is right.
>>
File: 1494130649712.jpg (22KB, 259x254px)
1494130649712.jpg
22KB, 259x254px
notice how MSM calls it "anti-diversity" memo

isn't that just sickening?

very bad goy

diversity=strength
>>
This seems pretty logical and non aggressive. I don't see how any woman involved in a STEM area would take offense. People want to be treated fairly, not given consolation prizes or shortcuts that would undermine their own achievements.
I do think he disregarded the effects of social conditioning and how they'd affect his arguments, but again this doesn't read as sexist shit.
>>
>>38934901
It's a great way to rile up the ignorant public. You my good sir, fell for the news equivalent of "10 shocking things you didn't know about penises, number 8 will blow your testicles!"
>>
>>38934843
You can follow whatever religion or whatever political bullshit you want. There's a line to be crossed though. Nobody is going to fire you for being a Muslim. They are going to fire you if you go around insisting all the women in your workplace wear hijabs though. This dumbass circulated his little manifesto to all his coworkers. This created a massive distraction, it's antithetical to getting work done. It created division amongst his coworkers and unwanted attention from the media. If I was in charge at Google I wouldn't just fire him, I'd hire some thugs to brutally beat him as he walked to his car. Google is about making money, not reddit tier gender politics. Do that red pill shit on your own time.
>>
>>38934999
>Google is about making money,

they stated themselves they are trying to bring about "social change"
>>
>>38935028
That's a load of shit though. If they were serious about that they would pull their ads off breitbart and censor racist videos off of YouTube. They have every right to do so but they don't.
>>
>>38935028
well, if you as an employee don't agree with the overall mission of your employer you can leave and find a company that suits you better.
>>
>>38934268
Don't feed the lefty shill.
>>
>bring negative publicity to your company
>get fired
Oh boo hoo, who gives a fuck?
>>
>>38935137
He voiced his opinion and now every major news outlet is publicly shaming him. My bet is on him killing himself.
>>
>>38935061
Not if they take government money. Which Google does.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.