[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do anti-depressants work? i have tried everything else.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: night2.jpg (63KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
night2.jpg
63KB, 1600x1200px
do anti-depressants work? i have tried everything else.
>>
>>38930024
They'll keep you from killing yourself and they help curb your anger if you have problems with your temper. They won't make you feel happy or normal, however.
>>
Have you tried just being yourself?

Those don't work BTW.
>>
>>38930055
what do i do to feel happy?
>>
>>38930063
yes. people don't like my normal self. i have to be someone else. its been hard lately though so i need something to help.
>>
>>38930024
I dunno, it seems to work for me.
>>
>>38930069
That's the million dollar question, isn't it?
>>
File: Deal with it, goy.png (60KB, 274x353px) Image search: [Google]
Deal with it, goy.png
60KB, 274x353px
>>38930024
Yes, they work exactly the way they're supposed to. They make you a good little slave content to keep working and paying taxes without killing yourself to leave or make any waves in the system.
>>
File: Being myself is horrible advice.jpg (63KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
Being myself is horrible advice.jpg
63KB, 500x563px
>>38930085
>people don't like my normal self
>>
>>38930095
Ignore him.

They help stabilize things, big time. The ones I was on caused me to shit my guts out so I quit them cold turkey after about 8 or 9 months or so.
>>
>>38930095
why post this?
>>38930108
okay thanks. which ones did you take?
>>
File: Jew Cloud.jpg (324KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Jew Cloud.jpg
324KB, 2048x1536px
>>38930108
Yes, just ignore me without refuting anything I said. Says the guy who had to quit them because they were fucking up his body.
>>38930132
Because it's the truth.
>>
>>38930069
Happiness is just a temporary experience of one two many shots of dopamine. People who are "happy" are either full of shit and aware of it, or full of shit and too stupid to be aware.

If you're clever enough, you'll never be happy. So just accept miserabilism and the fact that everything is shit.

As far as anti-depressants are concerned: I've never taken them myself, but all of my friends who have taken them either became really autistic after some use, became addicted, became more depressed, or all of the above.

Just sit back and relax as you realize that the world is a vapid, dark place that will one day eat you alive.
>>
>>38930069
If anyone knew the answer to that question, the world wouldn't be full of a bunch of hedonists trying to suck out every little bit of corporeal pleasures they can squeeze out of life.
>>
File: lunatic.png (789KB, 800x920px) Image search: [Google]
lunatic.png
789KB, 800x920px
>>38930024
Antidepressants did nothing for me. Anti psychotics however, they work wonders. ;)
>>
>>38930132
Zoloft. I was on 150 mg daily.
>>
File: IMG_6875.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6875.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>38930024
>>38930024
they work for some people. keep in mind theres dozens of kinds and they all work on different parts of your brain.
the first one may not always be the right one for you, prozac is generally the most likely to help you but if it doesnt ask your doctor for a different one.
typical anti depressants take about a month to take effect.
anti depressants are more effective for people with clinical depression (brain chemistry problems) as opposed to people depressed due to life circumstances

T. depression runs in my family
>>
how do you achieve dissociation? i felt really detached from everything after smoking weed all weekend with a friend a while ago. felt not myself for a week but i had an unusual amount of confidence. i "didnt give a shit" in a good way where i did what i wanted instead of nothing at all. haven't been able to feel like that since though.
>>
>>38930242
meditate, drugs, sniff paint, that type of stuff will get you dissociated
>>
>>38930249
would lsd work?
>>
File: 1501313357046.jpg (234KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1501313357046.jpg
234KB, 1440x1440px
They're a good way to make you gain incredible amounts of weight, knock your personality a few notches down, worsen dissasociation (or give you it if you don't already have it) and when you stop taking them, a chance of a possible mental break. It's a scheme honestly, they don't work. The only thing that is going to help you is yourself.
>>38930195
These are even worse. When I was younger I got into a lot of fights, and bruised myself and a lot of kids up to the point where I was expelled from the entire school district, and then the rest of the counties schools but my parents couldn't afford to homeschool me so I dropped out of school sophomore year and went to go live with my grandparents in the outback.

I had problems there where I would sort of check out, leave my brain at home, and go weeks out in the woods of the appalachian mountains, and I got really strong and shit so I decided that I would start picking fights with other teenagers and young adults in the small town near us a fun joke. I got arrested a few times, but it was funny to me. I eventually was called mentally disturbed, and put on multiple anti psychotics. I continued to go on my hiking sprees but they got longer and I felt more detached.

I would go running out in the woods and shit, I sort of lost my feelings of fear and the snakes I would come across were nothing to be and I'd stab em to death with my spears. It got pretty bad and he said "the fuck is wrong with you" and one day he just dumped all of the pills into the toilet and now I'm practically fine. I still check out from time to time to live a life on the edge trespassing into industrial zones and spray painting, but I'm not a complete retard trying to fuck with people or hiking in unmarked Appalachian trails.
>>
>>38930256
LSD isn't the feeling you described at all
>>
>>38930256
powerful dissociatives are ketamine and PCP. those will make you lose touch with reality in the sense you describe. another legal option is DXM (robotussin) for a legal and safer disociative high. to learn about it read the DXM FAQ online. its quite good.
>>
>>38930265
oh okay.

also ty for the help guys.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.