[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw depression literally has no cure

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: 1501837751519.jpg (19KB, 495x362px) Image search: [Google]
1501837751519.jpg
19KB, 495x362px
>tfw depression literally has no cure
>>
>>38925234
>implying Buddhism doesn't even real
>>
>>38925246
Buddhist practices as a self-help regimen help you not to take yourself so seriously, but more importantly to see that there's more to you than whatever idea pops in your head by a spur of your passions.

It doesn't address any sort of existential quandries though.
>>
>>38925246
Buddhist still desire to free themselves from desire. I'd have to have the motivation to do that, in order to do that
>>
Depression isn't real fag
>>
>>38925291
Your motivation should be to avoid feeling like shit, to know that there's a silver lining to your shitty situation.
>>
>>38925234
just enjoy depression bro roflmao
>>
Acid cured my depression. Feels great desu
>>
>>38925234
there might not be a cure, but can it go away?

>>38925395
Are you saying you microdose all the time or did one trip cure it?
>>
>>38925371
Actually, I'm conviced I can't feel happiness, or even less shitty. Everything I've ever tried has left me feeling empty.

In addition, I don't really get why you said what you said.
>>
>>38925440
>Actually, I'm conviced I can't feel happiness
It requires a certain amount of faith to tell yourself that "this can get better". You can never lead someone to happiness through logic, usually.

>In addition, I don't really get why you said what you said.
Your motivation should be not to feel like shit all the time, what the fuck is so hard to understand? Obviously since you can clearly state "I can't feel happiness" or "I'm depressed" there must be an opposing side to that emotion for you to know that it isn't pleasant or proper.
>>
It's a bad feel
I used to be able to look at successful singers like Chester and Chris Cornell and say
>Look these guys are depressed but they were successful and had productive happy lives I can be happy too
But now they're dropping like fucking flies with zero warning and my confidence is wavering
>>
File: Annie.png (602KB, 500x695px) Image search: [Google]
Annie.png
602KB, 500x695px
>>38925234
Ketamine, LSD, mushrooms.

You're welcome. See you back at Source after this go-around man.
>>
The cure is to bee urself
>>
I cured myself
>>
>>38925234
depression is the mcdonalds of mental illnesses
>>
Glad to see /r9k/ finally starting to take the Buddha pill.

>>38925291
>Buddhist still desire to free themselves from desire.
This is a long-term goal and honestly not something you need to worry about. The only motivation you need is a desire to end your suffering, because the primary goal of Buddhist practice is the end of suffering.

I can tell you from personal experience that this is the only true path to free yourself. I spent the majority of my time from early puberty to my late twenties in some stage of depression. Whole years where I would wake up in acute misery and have my only goal for the day be to simply get through it without killing myself, and would fall asleep at night regretting that I didn't do it. Lots of psychiatrists, therapists, antidepressants.

In my late twenties, I saw a random /r9k/ post mentioning meditation as an aid for depression. I gave it a try, and a week later I was reading everything I could find about Buddhist practice. Stopped taking my antidepressants and going to my psychiatrist at the end of the month and now, five years later, I am 100% confident that I will never suffer from any kind of depression ever again.
>>
> get a proper sleep schedule
> eat better
> exercise

I was diagnosed with "major depression" in my teens and into my mid twenties never really felt any better, with or without therapy and meds. I started eating better, started exercising and getting a solid nights rest every night and... life is pretty good. I'm not happy 24/7 but I don't have the mood crashes and if I'm feeling shitty I run a few miles and feel a million times better.
>>
File: 1501395260543.jpg (53KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1501395260543.jpg
53KB, 640x960px
>cures your crippling depression
Eh, nothing personal
>>
>>38925418
First trip (1 tab) gave me ambition again
Second (1 tab) was kind of a booster and kept my ambition alive
Third (3 tabs) melted away all my fears and paranoia
Fourth (4 tabs) completely balanced my life out. I hit a point where I was so happy I couldn't remember what being sad felt like then I realized I needed sadness in my life to make the happiness meaningful. And it's easy to just read that and say "yeah I believe that" but I never actually understood it till this trip.
Please be careful tho test your tabs, bring a sitter, and don't expect these same results. No one trips the same
>>
File: 1489355116885.jpg (27KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
1489355116885.jpg
27KB, 395x395px
>>38925234
>tfw doctor will only give me 2 Xanax a month
>tfw the only time when I'm remotely happy is when I'm doped up
>>
>>38926449
>bring a sitter
what if I have no friends?
>>
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC60045/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17401728

daily reminder that depression literally shrinks your hippocampus and that it is IRREVERSIBLE

If you're depressed and you feel like you've gotten dumber over the years, you're right
>>
>>38926722
so, should I finally cave in and take meds?
>>
File: 1495343531452.jpg (13KB, 232x251px) Image search: [Google]
1495343531452.jpg
13KB, 232x251px
>>38925998
>tfw started eating healthy, fixed my sleep schelude and started exercising
>still feeling the same
welp
>>
File: jesus white man.jpg (69KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jesus white man.jpg
69KB, 1024x768px
>>38925234
>no cure for depression
>jesus exists

my dude. Those are 2 contradictory thoughts.
>>
File: Fistful-of-Dollars-animated.gif (489KB, 460x196px) Image search: [Google]
Fistful-of-Dollars-animated.gif
489KB, 460x196px
>>38925714
See you in the source brother
>>
>>38925234

Exercise. When I was living with my dad, and biked all around Chicago for this and what not, it gave me a kind of momentum and energy that I wouldn't have had I just sat around. My weight was starting to drop, and my legs looked more muscular. I felt a kind of confidence in my physicality, and it's great. All you have to do is give your all in some kind of physical activity, to remind yourself that you're capable. That's all it takes. You thinking you're ready for some higher grade of woman isn't just a meme, but a reality when you really put an effort into it. Seriously, exercise. It's proven to defeat depression. It's proven to boost your self esteem. You see yourself in a different way when you make progress, and for an obvious reason, because you see that progress within yourself and admire it.
>>
>>38926780
>>38925714
>source
whats that
>>
>>38926815
Sophia, the white light at the end of the tunnel
>>
>>38925234

>studies show that meditation improves mental well-being
>studies show that a regulated and healthy diet improves mental well-being
>studies show that regular exercise improves mental well-being

>NORMIES DON'T UNDERSTAND MY SPECIAL BRAND OF DEPRESSION! DONTCHA KNOW THAT DEPRESSION ISN'T CURED BY LE DEADLIFTS!!
>>
>10 years with depression
>dont jerk off for a week
>depression gone
rrly makes u think
>>
>>38926669
A sitter isn't absolutely necessary but you'll have to be a lot more careful and take lower doses. Maybe consider micro dosing.
>>
>>38927451
>micro dosing
what does this do for you?
>>
>>38927462
Never tried it but supposedly it gives you the energy and mood boost of a trip without the satori or hallucinations. Sounds legit to me though. Just one tab had me speed walking around my apartment for 12 hours straight so don't take too much thinking that it won't be enough
>>
>>38925234
Dude just stop being depressed. Its what chad says to do
>>
File: tyrosine.jpg (27KB, 278x600px) Image search: [Google]
tyrosine.jpg
27KB, 278x600px
try this it's helped me dramatically
>>
>>38925899
I intend to do the same when my life is more stable, but i have to ask, why are you still here if you no longer feel enough suffering to warrant being here
>>
>depression has no cure
Why the fuck do you want to kill yourself then? Suicide is the miracle cure.
>>
dude drepression isnt real lmao i know i was sad but then i wasnt lmao retard
>>
>>38925714
How does a shut-in go about finding these?
>>
>>38925899
If the point is to have no desire, how are you able to take care of yourself? I would love to indulge in Buddhism but I'm scared I'd die so quick.
>>
>>38925234
Depression ultimately stems from issues of perspective. There are a number of things you can do to cure it, but the biggest obstacle is thinking you can't. Be grateful for good things and cherish them. Catch yourself when having undesired thoughts, then you can understand their origin and how to think better. Implement routines so that there isn't much in between time to stop and be sad. Once you get the ball rolling and your head reboots, then it's just a breeze. I still feel sad sometimes, but healthy sad. Generally I'm either happy or neutral.
>>
>Thought I was free because I was feeling great for around six months.
>Now it's coming back and worse than ever.
Here comes the sadness train, woo woo!
>>
>>38926722
Does this also account my memory issues and inability to remember faces properly anymore?
>>
>>38929642
unfortunately you have to know people who know dealers.
>>
>>38930244
>Be grateful for good things and cherish them.
marijuana works wonders for this.
>>
>>38925234
I've been depressed for years I don't know if the pill are truly helping anymore or if I've just built up a resistance to then from all the years I've taken them I don't remember the last time I was truly happy I know I've been told to go out more but that doesn't do much for me
>>
>>38925234
Pills, pills, pills
just fill me up with these happy pills
I don't care what they do or how they do it
I don't even care if I lose it
I just want more
pills, pills, pills
fill me up with those pills
>>
It has and it's rather simple, you're just either retarded or unwilling to change your goddamn life. Fuck anti-depressants, alcohol and shit like that, working out is the only anti-depressant you need, also the best one.

Will working out solve all your problems? Nope, but it's a good place to start.
>>
just do drugs maaaaaaaaaan sage
>>
>>38925234
Suey Cider is the cure
>>
>the only cure is to think about it more, and more, and more
>either constantly fight it or don't
I mean I guess it works but it gets annoying/exhausting
>>
its so lonely all by myself
>>
>>38925998
Yeah no, normie, you being annoyed / a little pissed for a day because your roasty whore stacey girlfriend hooked up with some Chad isn't the same as robots whose lives are actually completely pointless and shit and have near to no possibility to change
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.