[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody else here ever called a suicide hotline? What was it like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_opaf0xXvhN1ufl1uxo1_1280.png (227KB, 582x514px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opaf0xXvhN1ufl1uxo1_1280.png
227KB, 582x514px
Has anybody else here ever called a suicide hotline? What was it like?
>>
>>38917936
was on hold 55 minutes then gave up
>>
>went on a rant about my shitty life and how I should end it all because it's not fair
>told to stop wasting their time and that they had more important people to talk to
>>
>said I was scared that I was going to kill or hurt myself
>soothing voice asks me what I like to do
>I don't like to do anything anymore
>she asks when I stopped liking the things I used to like
>I burst into sobs
>woman comforts me until I feel safe

It wasn't an entirely negative experience
>>
>>38917936
I called it maybe 4 years ago. I think it was in the wintertime. My depression got to the point of suicide again but this time I was far away from my mom who usually helped me get out of suicidal ideation. I decided to call a hotline out of curiosity. Maybe they could fix me. I sort of remember the conversation. It was really short because social anxiety kicked in and I remembered that I'm talking to real life person
>um hello
>Yes? Hello. This is the suicide hotline.
>I need help
>How can we help you? What's wrong-
Then I hung up. They didn't call back. Maybe they thought it was a prank or something.
I attempted suicide that day but lived.
>>
>>38918315
They know its real. Most people who call these numbers don't carry on to actually telling their stories.
>>
>>38918344
Do they usually call back? Maybe the guy I spoke to was new or something. I don't blame him. I was too scared to speak anyway. What could a phone call do to help?
>>
>>38917966
>>38918176
Wow, if they're gonna be this lazy why does this shit even exist? all I can say is that it somehow works because you're both still here, but still.
>>
File: 1501054583807.gif (2MB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1501054583807.gif
2MB, 500x335px
I would call it because I know the people who work it could hold up the illusion of caring, but I'm worried they would just call the police and I'd get 5150'd.

I just want someone to talk to.
>>
>>38918447
But they do care. You cannot be unempathetic when you deal with people unless you're a psychopath.
>>
>>38917936
I played both Hotline Miami games.
They were pretty good.
>>
>>38919163
You can still pretend to care
>>
They put me on hold.
I felt that was a bit rude.
>>
>>38917936
I'll call one day even if my suicidal tendencies have waned. Just want to have someone to talk to. They can't track your phone or your service provider, right?
>>
>>38920376

But the people who man those kinds of hotlines are usually doing it as part of a charity. Like the Samaritans. It seems like a lot of effort to volunteer to do something you don't care about.
>>
>>38918176
this happened to me too

i told them about my problems (all problems a typical robot that browses this board would have) and got cut off and told to go talk to a relative cause they have more important people to talk to with "serious issues"

they are only interested in talking with normies
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.