[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else "smart but lazy"?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: intelligence.jpg (8KB, 242x250px) Image search: [Google]
intelligence.jpg
8KB, 242x250px
I can beat all my friends in chess. Imagine if I actually applied myself to other things.
>>
>>38917334
I was valedictorian in HS and I was suspended constantly.
>>
>>38917334
That means... you could... likely deliver an average performance in academics?
>>
"Smart but lazy" isn't an actual thing at all.

You can tell when someone's smart, even when they're making no effort, they'll just unintentionally emit clever things, and they usually won't admit it. I've been around enough of them to know.

People who say they're "smart but lazy" are actually just NOT smart.

They grew up in the 00's in the every-kid's-a-winner parenting model, they should have been in advanced classes because they were slightly ahead of others on the core material, (probably because their parents helped them and that was enough to give them a little boost) but they stayed in the basic classes anyway - either that, or they were put into a "gifted" class that existed purely for vanity purposes. There are a lot of those.

Because of this, they were always a little too far ahead to get challenged by any schoolwork. Combined with always getting praised, they came to the conclusion that they must be really smart - nothing is ever challenging and everyone's saying that that's really great, so obviously I must be wunderkind!

They then put no effort into any aspect of their life, til eventually they let everyone else catch up with them, and then surpass them. They had no ability to catch back up after this because they're not particularly smart at all, and the one small advantage they were riding the system on was irrevocably removed from them. They assumed this was because they were "getting lazy" - after all, they'd clearly been lazy their whole life anyway, and things worked back then, so maybe things suddenly being hard now is just because they're that much lazier.

They then proceeded to go into life spouting that they were "smart, but lazy".

In actuality they're just an average dumb guy left behind by a shitty school system.
>>
>>38917334
>I can beat all my friends in chess.
Chess isn't really a determiner of intelligence. At the very most only a certain kind of intelligence.
>>
File: 1483222836313.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1483222836313.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>tfw when to smart too apply myself
>>
>>38917334
Beating your friends in chess is a really poor indicator of skill. One good book and a week of study and you are miles ahead of all your friends who just know the rules.
>>
Being good at chess has nothing to do with how smart you are; it means you can recognize patterns well and can predict the best pattern to utilize for a given situation. I knew a kid in highschool that could be anybody in chess yet he couldn't even graduate from American public school.
>>
>>38918008
Maybe he didn't graduate because he was lazy.
>>
>>38918249
Or maybe he was a big fucking retard. Nobody can be lazy enough to fail public school in America.
>>
>>38918249
I'm lazy and i graduated because it was easy
>>
File: detectivepepe.png (195KB, 906x693px) Image search: [Google]
detectivepepe.png
195KB, 906x693px
>tfw smart enough to know I'm not smart
>>
OP I think you mean "pretentious AND lazy"
yeah, that sounds about right
grow the fuck up, no wonder no one likes you
>>
>>38917334
Nah. I'm average but lazy, at best.
>>
I genuinely think people hate me because of my superior intellect. They're jealous.
>>
>>38917565
And then the online iq tests start

Decent post, anon
>>
>>38917565
This is exactly what happened to me, I've only now started to beat it by consistently teaching myself math and neuroscience and actually putting effort into it. I eventually plan to learn engineering and build rockets, submarines, convert gas vehicles to electric, etc.
>>
>>38918922

I get math, but why do you want to learn neuroscience?

>math
>engineering
>rockets
>subs
?neuroscience?
>>
>>38918941
I think it's cool, it has no relevance to what I want to do.
>>
>>38918875
No, the hate you anon because you're pretentious
"ugh anon is a prick, always trying to correct everybody for the smallest things, and he never smiles. He clearly think he is above other people"
You're living in a bubble mate
Actual smart people don't appear it, and they certainly don't go out of their way to look like it.
There's a fine line between looking smart and just being pretentious
>>
>>38917334
Dunno if I really am, but everyone says so, even my genius roommate says we could be equal but I'm lazy fuck. Why should I try more that it's needed. But guess I have something in me, certain things made me do two university years in one year, and it was easy af cuz I actually tried
>>
>>38917334
Not me, I'm retarded.
>>
>>38918979
>but I'm lazy fuck
>is was easy af cuz I actually tried
what did he mean by this?
>>
I was Salutatorian in high school and slept in every class. Wen't to college, my laziness caught up with me. Now I'm enjoying the NEET life of suicidal depression.
>>
Smart but lazy people need to user their intelligence to teach themselves discipline.

It's hard, but at least you're trying then.
>>
File: 1475163945537.jpg (13KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
1475163945537.jpg
13KB, 325x325px
>>38917334
>I can beat all my friends in chess. Imagine if I actually applied myself to other things.
>I can beat all my friends in chess. Imagine if I actually applied myself to other things.

This is so fucking obviously a joke what else is OP supposed to do for you twats
You MUST have seen this somewhere before there is just no way

Go to your rooms, all of you.
>>
>>38919115
no u

You have been mutedtrgergerr 2 seconds, because your not original.
>>
>>38919009
Well, having paid everything by parents, what would you do, actually try or get kicked out of house or start working
>>
>>38917565
Except I think it actually is the case for me. I don't say it IRL because I'm not a fag. Im in STEM uni and I've proven to myself that with minimal studying I can surpass everyone. I decided to push myself in one final and studied an entire semester's content which I haven't looked at ever before in 5 days and scored a 94% on it. I failed the course because I didn't attend ever and did no assignments and failed my midterms.
My shitty work ethic is the biggest barrier for any improvement in my life.
>>
File: 1500074454585.jpg (42KB, 618x518px) Image search: [Google]
1500074454585.jpg
42KB, 618x518px
tfw originally dumb and lazy
>>
>Useless "eidetic" visual memory
>>
>>38917565
This is wrong.
Some people are industrious.
Some people are the opposite.
There's no correlation between industriousness and intelligence.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.