[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Women are twice as likely to have clinical depression than

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

File: MDD.png (589KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MDD.png
589KB, 1920x1080px
>Women are twice as likely to have clinical depression than men are.
Why do you hate women, /r9k/, when they're more likely to understand our plight?
>>
>>38917080
They're mostly bullshitters. Very familiar with these types of people as I was in the wards myself. Also best friend was always having to go various loony bins so I would spend a lot of time in those places too. The girls are such phonies and doing things purely for attention, most likely from their parents. Dressing all in black with black makeup, the whole deal. The guys there all have real problems in an immediately obvious way.
>>
>>38917080
>women
>""""depression""""

Women don't even have emotions, anon. Stop getting jewed so easily.
>>
>>38917181
How do you know for sure that they are faking it? It's hard enough as it is to even diagnose depression in the first place.
>>38917186
You're just being silly
>>
>women
>has 10+ average looking suitors
>"I'm depressed because no tall, rich and handsome bf"
>>
File: TMS_Depression_Treatment.jpg (49KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
TMS_Depression_Treatment.jpg
49KB, 600x500px
>>38917256
When you go to good places, they do real tests. You get your head scanned, EKG, EEG then you get a spate of stimulus response tests. Diagnosing is not hard. Treating it is where the annoyances come in.

If you could have seen these chicks, there was nothing wrong with most of them and the ones who actually had problems weren't allowed in the fakers' friend circles. Even their medication was on "ok we'll humor you" tier doses.
>>
>>38917557
If they weren't sick, how could they be in the wards?
>>
>>38917080
because they're the cause of ALL MY ISSUES
>>
Women get depressed because they can't peruse lives like celebrities. No woman wants to work or be told they can't have something. They all just want to be treated like royalty and have anything they desire at a moments notice. Simply put, women get depressed because they can't be the 0.01%.
>>
File: bog.jpg (8KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
bog.jpg
8KB, 128x128px
>>38917080
>twice as many women are "depressed"
>twice as many men commit suicide regardless of diagnosed depression
really gets my noggin joggin
>>
>>38917080
naw thats actually bullshit. but women will go see the clinician just to have something to do that day. whereas a man will wait until his ears are bleeding and hes having visual hallucinations.
>>
>>38917768
Forget what the name if these places were but they weren't wards that the girls were in. There were group therapy sessions during the daytime that they would be part of but friend would have to stay overnights in a separate wing.
>>
>>38917080
Depression actually changes the brain more in males than it does females. Women can be depressed, but they won't be impacted nearly the same as men.
It's more for attention or a so called "cry for help."

Evolutionary, this makes sense. Men are those who fix societies, so they'll be depressed if something is wrong. If an army is invading men will die, but women will probably just get fucked.

Women garner more sympathy, so it makes sense they'll act express their weakness to a larger degree.
I'd assume there's just as many men depressed, but they just don't come forward.
>>
>>38918490
act on or express*
>>
>>38918490
where are your fucking facts for this faggot

>changes the brain more than men

fake
>>
>>38918519
History you dumb cunt
>>
>>38917557
>had problems weren't allowed in the fakers' friend circles
Christ, you're a real piece of shit you know that right?

You have absolutely no fucking idea what someone has been through. You can't tell just by looking at them. For all you know they could be dealing with some hardcore PTSD from being raped as a child.
>>
>>38918546
>history

great "facts" m8
>>
>>38917181
>implying americans ever have real depression
>>
>>38917080
Clinical Depression in women
>Chad said he'll only keep me as a side bitch, so lonelyyyyy FML
>651 facebook likes
>>
>>38917080
>im so depressed too many chads to choose from :((((((
>>
>source is a cartoon
>claiming 16% of the species have depression

I'd ask if you were retarded if this wasn't bait
>>
File: Fit Feels 4.png (31KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
Fit Feels 4.png
31KB, 511x511px
>>38917080
>Provides no sources

fuck outta here nigga
>>
File: Its Going to SHit.gif (151KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
Its Going to SHit.gif
151KB, 600x448px
>>38917885
I it's now three times as many according to new numbers
>>
>>38918631
>implying mental illness isn't based on physical alterations of the minds wiring, chemical production, and receptors.
>>
>>38918716
>implying said alterations aren't caused by environmental factors
>implying first world problems cause real depression
>>
>>38918519
Take a little bit to Google some keywords and you'll find a ton of info, but I'll spoon feed you instead.

>https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170711085522.htm
""Men are more liable to suffer from persistent depression, whereas in women depression tends to be more episodic," explains Jie-Yu Chuang, a researcher at the University of Cambridge, and an author on the study, which was recently published in Frontiers in Psychiatry. "Compared with women, depressed men are also more likely to suffer serious consequences from their depression, such as substance abuse and suicide." Despite this, so far, most researchers have focused on depression in women, likely because it is more common."

>http://www.webmd.com/depression/news/20040129/brain-structure-linked-to-major-depression
"Males had more prominent hippocampus differences than did females, a finding that matches an earlier study, he notes."

Here are just two sources I found in a few minutes.
First one notes the episodic nature of female depression as well, leading us to believe it's based on trivial events, rather than widespread despair we see in depressed men.
The evolutionary reason for this is noted in my previous post.

This too... >>38918546
>>
>>38918795
Substance abuse and suicide also correlate to prior change in brain structure/a chemical imbalance.

A correlation is clear here.
Now get out, roastie.
>>
>>38917080
Women are lot more likely to seek attention with "depression" than men are
>>
>>38917080
>chad dumps a woman
>she gets sad until the weekend until she finds another chad

women depression
>>
>>38918790
In his defence, most americans I've spoken with are pretty mentally ill.
>>
>>38917080
Women are taught from a young age that they have support for whatever they feel, so of course they'll seek help for depression more often than men.

Men deny their issues because it's not masculine to get help for anything. This isn't just limited to mental health either. Masculinity is formed based on female selection, so if you don't fit the masculine mold you don't get laid. E.G. r9k.

Never forget that men kill themselves vastly more than women do. The severity of male mental health dwarfs female's, and I would hazard a guess that it's vastly under reported as well. Men won't get help because it erodes their identity as men, or viable partners. They won't admit they have a problem for the same reason.

So whenever I see these threads I just laugh. People don't care about a problem unless you can frame it as women being a victim, a status that they have monopolized for hundreds of years.
>>
>HURR DEPRESSION IS REAL HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No, it isn't. Grow up, /r9k/. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves. You losers. You trash. You scum.
>>
File: Despondent.png (474KB, 691x794px) Image search: [Google]
Despondent.png
474KB, 691x794px
>>38918490
>>38918795
>>38918936
Only worthwhile posts.
>>
>>38918598
>"you shouldn't assume things about people, you piece of shit!"
>assumes they were all raped
>>
>>38918968
This, 100 times this. Mental illness is a meme. Depression is just seeing life the way it truly is. Therapy is just re-conditioning, trying to make you find meaning in a life where there is none other than the bullshit you attach to it. You either live with the fact that your life is pointless and keep on keeping on, or you kill yourself.
>>
When I was in high school it seemed like every girl just happened to be depressed! IMO women are just begging for attention most of the time, not to say that there aren't women with depression but I feel like a lot of the time they go "aww I'm so depressed" when they're just having a bad day. Eventually this evolves into them saying they have depression for more attention.
>>
>>38919378
There is genetic and chemical predisposition. It's not a meme.
The treatment and psych view of it is.
>>
>>38917080
>women
>understand our plight
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>>
Roasties are only depressed because the hollow hypergamous world created by the sexual revolution doesn't actually meet their needs. Surveys show that modern women are more depressed than women from any previous generation. And I feel no pity for them. They made their bed, now they have to lie in it.
>>
File: 1500454055479.png (326KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500454055479.png
326KB, 800x1000px
when men feel depressed we blow our fucking brains out. women make sad facebook posts
>>
>1st world fuckers
>has house, pc, internet connection, phone
>"I'm depressed because >tfw no gf"
>>
File: 56744766_p0_cr.jpg (950KB, 1844x4372px) Image search: [Google]
56744766_p0_cr.jpg
950KB, 1844x4372px
>>38923084
>Immune to depression because plastic garbage another depressed person made is in my possession
>>
File: wat.png (31KB, 413x154px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
31KB, 413x154px
>>38918598
captured footage of ptsd inflictor, culprit still on run
>>
>>38918490

Even the idea that women are regularly raped in wartime is mostly a myth. The few exceptions might be HIGHLY disordered situations. Even Boko Harem pressure the women into marriage and give those women various rights within marriage, there isn't a free for all rape fest, and these are probably the most savage humans on the planet - they burn children alive. The 'Rape of Berlin' was entirely fabricated by a handful of german nationalist feminists, but it's widely believed.

Most men are too cucked, historically ignorant, and afraid of facing reality to admit that most nation-based war is basically women sending men off to die fighting other men just to get more resources for women.
>>
>Being depressed
Don't fall for memes lad, if you actually believe in depression and believe you have it, you'll end up placebo-ing yourself into it if you haven't already.

Once you build something up to be all-consuming and inescapable, of course it's going to feel like it is. Don't be a meme, believe in yourself. Having an ego is like a hard counter to the depression meme.
>>
>>38917080
No they're twice as likely to bitch until someone gives them attention and xanax. I've had 3 women tell me they were about to commit suicide. None of them even attempted, they just want attention.
>>
>>38917080
>Women
>understand
There's a novel idea.
>>
>intereferes with daily life

chin up goyim, take these pills. I expect you to be in top form at work tomorrow. get there half an hour early
>>
>>38925311
>don't be sad
What are you even doing on this board?
>>
>>38917186
clinical depression isn't about emotions
in severe cases you don't feel any emotions at all.
>>
>>38925515
I'm a fully fledged hikki of 8 years going strong. The only difference is I enjoy and am proud of it, I don't wallow in self pity like the failed normies here.
>>
File: 1497050556352.jpg (190KB, 573x654px) Image search: [Google]
1497050556352.jpg
190KB, 573x654px
>>38917080
Because I hate myself and I also hate everyone on this fucking planet. I don't care if they share my pain, and in fact I wish more of them would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKhpE-oNoGY
>>
>>38925276
B-But anon, Hillary Clinton said the number one victims of war are women.

Is the Berlin thing true though?
I remember reading about how a ton of mongoloid mixed kids were born via the product of rape soon after Soviet invasion.
>>
>>38919378

How does that explain shit like schizos if mental illness isn't real? Or people with strange phobias?
>depression doesn't real because life is hard
That's not what depression is, depression is not wanting to exist and nearly becoming a vegetable out of nowhere even if nothing bad is affecting you at that time.
>>
File: 1500764095696.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1500764095696.gif
2MB, 360x270px
Women are the ultimate attention seekers. Just look at their main suicide causes in the US:
>cutting
>pills
If they actually wanted to die they'd put a shotgun to their brain and pull the trigger.
>>
>>38917080
Women cannot be robots. just because they're more depressed, it just means they're lying for attention.
>>
>>38925948
Or at least hang/suffocate themselves, that one is immune to "but women don't have guns so they use pills" feminist bullshit
>>
>>38917080
does this mean that twice as money women come forward with depression?
Most women will come forward and ask for medical help quicker than men because there's about a million different things that can be fucking with them at once
>>
women are more likely to seek treatment and be diagnosed
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.