[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things normies do/say that you hate

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1478219016260.png (108KB, 400x381px)
1478219016260.png
108KB, 400x381px
>tell you a shitty joke they found on reddit
>call you moody/grumpy for not laughing at it
>i'm so anti-social all i do is post on social media
>just bee yourself
>>
You know I'm not trying to defend normies but depression is starting to scare me. Like at first it wasn't that common, but now with every decade that appears it grows worse and worse. It wasn't always like this. And sure you might say that normies have a "meme" version of depression but I don't think thats true. I think that even the normies are starting to get depressed. But what I want to know is why? If normies and chads start to have things go shitty for them how much worse do you think it'll get for us?

However the reasons I come up with are endless

Is it the 9-5 work routine? Is it the expectations of having to marry someone because society says so? Is it because people are letting women walk over them. Is it because we might be constantly watched through our phones? Something in our foods? Is it because technology is advancing and getting out of control? Because we're addicted to our celebrities/Ecelebs/Seiyuus/Anime/Video games? Is it because of all the bread and circuses they have nowadays? Is it some big elaborate conspiracy? Is it jews?

I don't know but I don't want to die knowing that a small percent of the world has these and all the other answers and is just laughing at me and seeing me as a peasant or sheep.
>>
>>38913331
>asks what I listen to
>weird stuff
>like what?
>harsh noise, IDM, ambient, drone, breakcore, drill and bass, artpop, etc.
>oh

I don't even consider the stuff I listen to that weird but normies aren't accepting of experimentation in music and I hate it so much. I can't share anything with them without feeling embarrassed.
>>
>>38913560
I think it's the fact that life seems meaningless in a world where God is no longer relevant in our lives, self-made meaning is looked down upon by the social elite because it ruins their ideals of conforming to the system, and everything we do is so mundane and boring.
>>
Listen to shitty rap trap music that is basically someone (usually spick) talking with a shitty beat.
>>
>>38913331
>sharing music I make and just getting half baked responses and uncomfortable by what I make

every fuckin time
>>
>>38913588
What's wrong about "oh"? It's just a slightly awkward response that shows they are unfamiliar but don't care to learn more. Not everyone should be jumping out of their seat trying to learn more about it. People have busy lives.
>>
>>38913560
A man could have all the luxuries in the world and still be depressed. Why? It's because people live an unconscious life. People walk and talk without actually being aware in the present, they're in this perpetual state of sleepwalking towards the next thing that will give them a superficial kind of happiness, completely forgetting the now.
>>
>>38913763
In my interactions these people say they love music so I'd expect them to be interested in learning more, but they never are. It's not like I'm being a dick about it when I get these responses. It's just disappointing that they don't want to ask questions. I always listen and ask questions when I talk to people because I'm interested. I'd expect the same. I guess it has to do with age.
>>
>>38913331
>after years of being a robot I'm finally improved and becoming a normie
>taking a few seconds to observe normie life
>i find this shallow and unenjoyable
>sits in the corner thinking about it all for years until i finally become a neet
>>
>>38913850
Some things I see from normies are they are normally don't talk about foreign subject in-depth, even tended to avoid it.

Your answer did not end with an open-ended question, so they might think you are being cold and even arrogant (I know that was not your intention) so it's no surprise they don't want to dig more.
>>
>>38913560
>t. Normie

Fuccin origgg
>>
>>38913588
>"hey anon what do you listen to?"
>listen to video game OSTs and anime/show openings almost exclusively
>"just whatever's popular right now haha"
>>
>>38913922
I suppose that's true. And the experiences I'm speaking from are other college classmates or work with young people. I think young people just want to talk about themselves all the time.
>>
>>38913331
>don't dalk to me until i've had my goffee
>>
>moving the goalposts to modern politics when you were talking about history
>any violent/ authoritarian/ right wing regime ever is "like Hitler????"
>going on lengthy rants about their political orientation when they hold the most basic social democrat views
>portraying some random comedian who never says anything controversial as a fighter for free speech
>"why u so quiet XD" and then ignoring you
>>
File: mug_asuka.jpg (133KB, 561x748px) Image search: [Google]
mug_asuka.jpg
133KB, 561x748px
>>38914069
>hiding his hobbies from others

well, I guess that's one way to never find people you like. I was riding in my truck, showing a guy how to drive, and Asuka Shinikami's death theme came on and he told me he liked Soryu better. I told him to open my glovebox, where I had a picture of Asuka Soryu, funnily enough.

You see, that's how you start to have a dialogue with people and bonds begin to form. I should have asked him out for a beer, but I expected to see him again, but he is in the wind now. Oh well, I am moving away anyway.
>>
>>38914161
One trick I tried during my school years was to pretend hanging around a grouo of people talking about things I do not know or have interest about. I will throw a one liner just to check if they think I exist, overtime I've established a "that quiet kid" reputation. Once they became familiar to me, they normally ask what I do. This is the right time to unleash my true robot. Well so far they even mocked me about liking uncommon stuff, but now as they grow up some of them started to like things they thought was stupid.

Yes, yes I am a buttkissing lonely bumfuck, but as a kid friends were quite important. Though looking back, I wish I did not do it at all.
>>
>deadass

Like how is that supposed to be synonymous with "seriously"? I cringe every time.
>>
>>38913560
Because humans are supposed to be social creatures with a sense of community. The way our societies are now is that everyone is always disconnected from one another and is reliant on social media for most things, and social media is a horrible fucking thing, because it creates illusions and deludes people into believing falsehoods. Our way to went? Drinking and drugs - even for the normies. Everyone is so isolated and the only way they feel anything resembling something communal is through going on IG, posting something and waiting for likes, or going out and partying, while hoping the people around them actually give a fuck about them.

We're all plugged in and not realizing we're destroying our livelihoods. That's why depression is becoming normal.
>>
Reddit is alright, I have one friend who constantly sends me images from 9fag. That is pure cancer.
>>
File: nuclear.png (115KB, 992x920px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear.png
115KB, 992x920px
>>38915714
>reddit is alright
>>
>>38915780
compared to 9fag, yes, it is alright
9fag is like retarded cousin of /b/
reddit at least has some good subs
>>
>>38914336
don't try to apply logic to it
new yorkers are subhuman
>>
>>38915780
ugh why did I read that
>>
>>38913560
i have two possible reasons for it. maybe its both.

they peaked and realize it.
we feel shitty because we can't come up with a year that was the best then feel like we could have changed and experienced it but let the chance slip away.

depression is a lack of drive to do anything, because it is possible. laying in bed being depressed wasn't an alternative 200 years ago. you fought tooth and nail to keep what you had and get some more
>>
>''you need to get out more, relax and live a little.''
>>
>>38913560
>>38913560
basic humen needs are being disregarded and the hole filled by social media and likes

who ever talks about genuine companionship anymore? gotta get those instagram likes
>>
File: 20110425.gif (372KB, 540x4178px) Image search: [Google]
20110425.gif
372KB, 540x4178px
>>38913560
It's Distraction Culture.
>pic highly, highly related

We have raised a generation that does not actually possess the ability to healthily introspect.

What these people are describing as "depression" is what would have been previously referred to as "thinking about anything other than my hobbies". If your brain is managing to think thoughts about your future, you haven't shut it up with enough funny animated gifs and Game of Thrones theories. That is the current opinion on these things.

And, indeed, it does manifest as full depression, because nobody is prepared for it when it hits.

Whereas in the past, people would have to sit with their own thoughts for long periods of time and feel slightly depressed over the course of their whole life, manifesting as socially acceptable alcoholism, these days people stave it off long enough to get hit with the devastating fucking tidal waves of months of pent up introspection in a single moment. And it's paralyzing. Sometimes fatal.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.