[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I look presentable to applying for a job? What should

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

How do I look presentable to applying for a job?

What should I wear, should I try looking like pic related?
>>
Jeans and plain t-shirt
>>
>>38911213
What's with the skin-tight suit trend? Shit's ugly as fuck
>>
job appropriate
If you want a manager job, you get into that suit.
To be a wallmart greeter you just put on a clean, ironed shirt&pants, clean your face and hands, have some decent hairdo and a smile
>>
>>38911213
Slick your hair back, tuck your shirt in, and give a firm handshake. That's all it takes
>>
>>38911437
Would you hire this guy?
>>
File: uKTjgmI.jpg (218KB, 1344x779px) Image search: [Google]
uKTjgmI.jpg
218KB, 1344x779px
>>38911213
Dress for the job you want, not the one you're applying for.
>>
>>38911271

reviewbrah pls
>>
>>38911781
>Dress for the job you want, not the one you're applying for.

I wanna be a philosopher
>>
>>38911213
>>38911271
>>38911767
I don't get why normalfags act like suits look good. They're always so fucking wrinkled. Is it because they're skin tight? There's other smooth clothing that are skin tight.
>>
File: idk.png (520KB, 495x461px) Image search: [Google]
idk.png
520KB, 495x461px
>>38911781
But the job i want is the one i'm applying for, i cant show up in dirty-electrician clothes now can i?
>>
>>38911213
Dress approximately for the position you will be doing.

Will you be wearing a suit for your job? Then wear suit for interview.

Button up and slacks for job? Suut for interview.

Anything else is wearing a buttom up shirt and nice pants for interview in mkst cases.
>>
File: index 2.jpg (6KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
index 2.jpg
6KB, 206x245px
>>38911213
Depends on the job really, but it's always good to at least wear a tie and put on your most respectable jeans and button up if you don't have a suit.
>>
Depneds, white collar, = wear a suit, but a classic one not hipster faggotry suit.
>>
Suit might be overkill depending on the job, but a dress shirt, tie, trousers and boots is probably sufficient for most interviews
>>
>>38911271
I love your videos man.
I also agree it's fucking retarded, it's like someone tried to set a trend when he saw some poor kid in eastern europe wearing his dead gypsy cousin clothes.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 193x261px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 193x261px
>>38912118
Shut the fuck up man. Reviewbrah looks cringy as fuck with his beaten down baggy suits that sound like were bought from Walmart or Costco
>>
>>38912048
It'd show you have experience. Better than showing up in a suit like some douche who just got out of college and is still desperately trying to find acceptance.
>>
File: Angryredchinaman.jpg (45KB, 220x270px) Image search: [Google]
Angryredchinaman.jpg
45KB, 220x270px
>>38912182
But i dont, i've worked for a month. Everyone of my classmates showed up in suits and got the job

if you really think they'd hire someone who walks into their office with dirty clothes you're retarded
>>
>>38912166
>like were bought from Walmart or Costco
Joke's on you. Reviewbrah is a frugal motherfucker who buys them from thrift stores.
>>
>>38912192
Don't you think it would benefit you if they thought you had experience, whether or not you actually had any?
>>
>>38912166
It's literally his face, anon.
>>
>>38911213
You should dress one level above what you'd probably wear on the job. If the job is business casual, wear a suit or at least a jacket and tie.

If it's a job that you'll wear jeans, wear nice slacks and a shirt.

If you'd wear a suit on the job, just wear a suit.
>>
File: Wittgenstein.jpg (37KB, 388x600px) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein.jpg
37KB, 388x600px
If I wanna be a philosopher, what clothing should I wear?
>>
>>38911213

Dress like the people who work there. If everyone wears khakis and polos but you show up in a suit or a t-shirt and some jeans, you're doomed.
>>
>>38912384
This anon.
Also depends who is interviewing you if it's a HR spruce that shit up if just some line leader a button down will sufice
>>
File: 415b7aec.jpg (34KB, 469x344px) Image search: [Google]
415b7aec.jpg
34KB, 469x344px
>>38912808
Very little, if any.
>>
>>38911767
If he gave a firm blowjob.
>>
>>38912808
Perhaps this is something worth philosophizing about?
>>
>>38911213

Don't dress up like that unless you're an MBA or something

If you are an engineer or applying for a manual labor position, don't even worry about it. Dress however the fuck you want. Trust me, you'll look autistic otherwise.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.