[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brain Fog

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 14

File: activebrain-300x225.jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
activebrain-300x225.jpg
15KB, 300x225px
Any other robots ever had experience of brain fog? This has been happening to me since a few months ago and it just won't fade. Sometimes I hear a phrase or read a sentence and it fades away from memory the moment it stops and I can't recall any of it. It is making me desperate anons, reading and studying used to be my life, now I can barely remember sentences? Is this gonna be permanent or is there a cure to it?
>>
i would write you a solution but youll just forget it right away
>>
>>38910458
>i would write you a solution but youll just forget it right away

I'm gonna screenshoot it and make it my screensaver if it works so I will never forget it.
>>
File: IMG_1526.png (89KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1526.png
89KB, 600x500px
Since I've been neet I've noticed my memories have started to fade and I have a hard time retaining anything. I could read an entire page of a book and not remember anything I read. Or I'll forget what task I'm supposed to be doing while I'm on the way to do it. At first it was kind of alarming but I guess I'm too apathetic to care at this point.
>>
Fish oil pills high in omega 3 and phenibut powder or pills used to get rid of anxiety/calm the mind. The former will increase your mental acuity and the latter will calm you down so you're not so distracted on every little thing.
>>
File: 130504-05-268_V3.jpg (346KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
130504-05-268_V3.jpg
346KB, 1000x667px
>>38910729
>Fish oil pills high in omega 3

I eat fish at least twice every week already, but I will take supplements to see if it works. (I know my brain fog can't be due to mercury because I tested my blood for it)
>>
>>38910424

I've got it exactly the opposite. When I'm tired I see and hear shit.
>>
>>38910424
Maybe you have celiac disease, brain fog was one of the symptoms i think
>>
>>38910798
>celiac disease

Holy fucking shit anon, maybe that is it. I remember that before and after I got this brain fog I had two incidents where I had bouts of vomiting that were severe, up to the point that on the second incident I laid down on the bathroom floor because I was feeling so much pain in my stomach that I thought I would pass out. Maybe that is fucking it.
>>
File: Comfy_rain.gif (788KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_rain.gif
788KB, 500x281px
>>38910798
20% sure brain fog is just a metaphor.

OP, you need to take preventative measures. Don't want to get schizo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/5-ways-we-can-begin-taking-preventative-measures-today_us_59270a9ee4b090bac9d46c33
>>
>>38910893
thanks
>>38910729
not heard of not heard of phen I'll look into it ty
>>
>>38910424
>Sometimes I hear a phrase or read a sentence and it fades away from memory the moment it stops and I can't recall any of it
have been """living""" with this for 6 years now, on coexistence level

it makes shit hard sometimes though like when i need to remember things or do things and the information is just totally unretained and not there
>>
File: 1492091438241s.jpg (5KB, 190x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492091438241s.jpg
5KB, 190x250px
>>38911725
Yeah, but the real fucking problem is that I didn't use to be like that. I could read all day and I would remember even quotes by my favorite philosophers, even the "hard" ones by Wittgenstein, sometimes even word by word. Now that this brain fog has happened to me it hasn't left me and I'm getting desperate. I went to a neurologist but he didn't help me shit.
>>
>>38911803
>Yeah, but the real fucking problem is that I didn't use to be like that
i didn't either
> I could read all day and I would remember[...]
yeah, me too, i haven't done anything like that in years

you are best trying your damnest to adjust and keep note of important things. try not to get lazy either, that usually follows, because the fog kind of fucks with your ability to remember how to do shit sometimes
>>
File: 1470259399370.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470259399370.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>>38912025
Did you use drugs or something m8? What triggered it for you? For me was a strange week where when I would go in my room, just to enter it, gave me an immediate headache. But I had no choice because I needed to sleep in there. That week forward I had brain fog.
>>
Could be any reason(s) such as lack of sunlight, depression, inactivity... notice how when you read for the first time in awhile you do it really slowly, but the more you keep doing it on a daily basis the quicker you read. Same thing with physical exercise, if you don't lift for awhile the next time you lift you won't be as strong and you'll be sore.
>>
>>38912047
i smoked dope for a bit but i think it was a lot of environmental factors + the dope
just try to relax and maybe train your brain with keeping it active
>>
I used to have my vision shrink to a pinhole for a few seconds at random. Doctors said it was just migraines but were worried about it happening while driving or something so gave me meds for it. Those damn things basically made me a retard until I went off of them, I could barely do math. Nowadays I just take B vitamins and they've basically stopped.
>>
>>38910424
dxm low dose.
>>
>>38910864
please consult a doctor asap, I have celiac disease and it truly makes you feel like shit. And it can all be avoided with a gluten-free diet. Some people still suffer from excessive gas even after the diagnosis
>>38910893
https://celiac.org/blog/2014/07/brainfog/
>>
>>38912259
>Those damn things basically made me a retard until I went off of them

What drug did you take? What is its name?
>>
Try talking to other humans and reading.
That's all the advice I'll give since I know you won't actually put it into practice.
>>
>>38912265
>>38910424

Honestly this couldn't hurt. A therapeutic dose of maybe 150-250 Dxm HBr has shown to help brain pathways and also has a nice antidepressant afterglow. OP should pick up some Dxm only robotussin and have a fun night
>>
>>38912448
Topiramate, stay away from that shit.
>>
>>38912499
> therapeutic dose of maybe 150-250 Dxm HBr has shown to help brain pathway

What is this drug I have never heard of?
>>
File: 1491855901112.jpg (184KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491855901112.jpg
184KB, 960x960px
>>38912507
>Topiramate, stay away from that shit.

Oh shit, that's what my mother has been taking to lose weight. She is fat as fuck and now it almost seem like she's growing early alzheimer
>>
>>38910424

I've had brain fog from smoking too much weed, drinking too much, staying up too late, playing video games or listening to music for too long.

I have found a rather immediate cure in exercising. Particularly running for about 5 miles a day. I've been doing it for about two weeks now and my concentration, focus, retention and reading speed have all increased with a decreased desire to get super fucked up on weed and alcohol like I typically do.

Improving your diet might also help, but exercise also makes you crave healthier foods for the nutrients.

Thus I suggest exercise, you need to get your blood flowing and oxygenate your muscles to improve their performance. I completely believe that goes for the brain as well now.
>>
>>38912525
I'm not qualified to give medical advice but you should talk to her about going on a diet instead, Topamax will fuck you up
>>
I've been dealing with this shit for six years. If I can't get this shit under control soon, I'm killing myself. I can't handle being this fucking dead eyed zombie all the time, I just can't. I ordered some N-Acetyl Semax Amidate a few days ago, I'm going to go pick it up in a few hours. I'll let you guys know how that turns out.
>>
>>38912599
Ay m8. I fear if I become like that someday. I wanna actually know your story. Do you got a steam profile?
>>
File: 1488900599377.png (18KB, 750x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1488900599377.png
18KB, 750x1022px
>>38912599
>>38912599
Ay m8. Add me. I send you my profile link once you tell me your steam name

Here's my profile anyway

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031985304/

I've actually made a few gaming friends from /r9K/
>>
That went away for me once I stopped being neet. Before that I struggled to read and couldn't remember what people just told me.
>>
>>38910424
I've had terrible brain fog for years (probably a symptom of my depression), and it usually just results in people thinking I'm dumb as bricks.
>>
>>38912564
I will second the diet comment.
I had brain fog when I was physically healthy (regular exercise) because I was eating absolute crap:
frozen dinner for one meals, canned meat, white bread, processed cereal and dairy, fast food.

These days, I'm 100% plant-based. I exercise a bit (less than I used to) and experience no brain fog except for rare occasions where I'm driving long distances and haven't rested properly.
>>
You're not going to like it but I know how you can get rid of brain fog.

Brain fog comes from over stimulation of your brain. Have you heard that people today take in more information in a few hours than people did in an entire month 50 years ago? Your brain isn't adapt s to that.

You spend all your waking time on 4chan, reddit ect. And your brain is fucking exhausted. No wonder it can't hold on to things like the last page of the book you just read.

Rest your brain. Quit high stimulus activities such as browsing the internet. It's really that simple.

I don't do it because my brain is addicted to information.
>>
reading and studying used to be my life. if anything, it allowed me to become ever more of a shut-in until i was in grad school and finally realized how much of a cringey laughingstock i was, even to supposed enlightened medical professionals. i started taking medicine for anxiety and depression and it fogged me up so bad i couldn't continue my doctorate.

unless you're in a highly competitive environment, intelligence and knowledge means jack. being able to relate to another human being, caring for others leads to a much less angsty life, because people reciprocate and you will too. and that leads to so much win, and so much tang.
>>
This hits close.
I have it too. I can't remember anything and struggle doing basic math. I assumed my brain atrophied due to being a NEET for 8 years and not using my brain at all. That made me worried, because it's permanent.
I was also "sad" for that time with a really strong period where I didn't do anything but lie in bed for 6 months (together with malnourishment). I read that one post where someone blames that "depression" can cause irreversible damage. I feel like I fell victim to that and my own neglicence and that it's impossible to fix it now. That just makes me want to die. Especially since I'm suppsoed to stop being a NEET now and work a demanding job (nursing).

But then I read things in this thread like >>38912810 and I don't know what to think.
>>
File: 10768716.png (3KB, 189x163px) Image search: [Google]
10768716.png
3KB, 189x163px
>>38913212
Life really just isn't fucking fair. It seems that Nature doesn't give a shit about us
>>
Quit smoking and do no fap and within a few weeks your brain fog should dissipate. You'll see a noticeable slight improvement overnight but by the 3rd week you should be functional. Fish oil and nootropics are scams you should stay away from.

T. God
>>
>>38913297

I don't blame life or anyone else. This is all me. There are some things which I was dealt, but nothing that a normal person couldn't get over.

Now in this condition, I feel like an empty shell. I am too far gone to try to fix it. Thinking about trying makes me just sad knowing how "good" it could have been by now if I had only been normal. I am too cowardly to end myself and the thought of having to live brings me painful despair.
I found temporary, minuscule way to cope and "fix it", but it seems like I am going to fail.
>>
>>38912678
>>38912781
I would, but I've been cutting out vidya for the past couple months. I don't really enjoy it anymore and I can't afford the PC components I need to get the performance I want out of the games I played regularly. At this point, I feel like I could kick gaming entirely and I would be better off for having done so. Sorry, man.

My story isn't really interesting. My mother decided I was bipolar after I had become depressed. My step-father had just walked out of our lives without saying a single word to me, and it crushed me. I think a normal human being would understand that a situation like is hard on an 11 year-old, but my mother is a genuine sociopath. I suppose she simply didn't want to have to deal with my depression, so getting me on pills was easier than working through it healthfully.

I had tried a handful of different medications during my teenage years: topamax, guanfacin, ambien, lamotragine, seroquel, prozac, abilify, but the worst was lamictal. That shit is what caused this. I was taking 25mg like my doctor said. I then was told to increase to 50mg. Once I did, I had a full blown psychosis. Walls were breathing, the ceiling fan was screaming gibberish, and I couldn't stop crying for my mother to love me. After that, I've been fuzzy in the head. My memory was destroyed, I don't understand what people are saying half the time, and I apparently don't make sense to others. I dropped out of high school at 17, and I've been a NEET since.

I saw a new therapist, and I actually trusted this one. This guy was in his 60s, and seemed like a genuinely good person. I can't stand young therapists. Everything they say sounds like a textbook, and they treat you like a set of symptoms and forget you're a human being. He essentially confirmed what I already knew - I'm not bipolar, just a depressive from a fucked up family.

I'll probably kill myself soon. My entire family has come to resent me, and I don't want to live without a loving family.
>>
>>38914084
BTW, this Semax is pretty good. I feel more focused and motivated, without feeling overly stimulated. My anxiety is slowly dialing down right now. Like a lot of anti-depressants, Semax has to be taken for a period of time and can't just be a one off. We'll see how this turns out in a few weeks.

Better be fucking worth it. This bottle cost me $82.
>>
>>38910424

Exercise is the best shit ever, way better than any medication or supplement

If ure NEET u probably stay at home with no sunlight, eat like shit and stay up late playing games.

Just go exercise, run a bit everyday
GURANTEED IMPROVMEENT
>>
>>38910424
Yes been like this for seven years. I can't speak correctly now. I jumble my words and struggle with stringing sentences together
>>
>>38910424

Yes, but only when I don't take medication. You may want to check if you're hypothyroid, brain fog is one of the biggest signs of having Hashimoto's. With thyroid medication it completely goes away.
>>
>>38910424
I'm convinced that it has a lot to do with a shitty diet.
>>
File: 1492626508865.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
1492626508865.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>38915116
I fucking want to take this goddamned thyroid medication but I am fucking agoraphobic and don't want to go to the fucking doctor. Do I need a prescription for this shit or can I just go to the pharmacy and buy it?
>>
File: 1432370350207.png (169KB, 700x942px) Image search: [Google]
1432370350207.png
169KB, 700x942px
>>38914084
>>38914084
ay m8. That's really fucking depressing. Hope you don't kill yourself. Life is shit and everything is shitty but you've got nothing to lose by just living the rest of your natural life. I mean, what do you really have to lose by living? We are in no hurry to die, we will have our day. So don't worry and live till you die.
>>
>>38915413
Me too, but in my experience these people do nothing to change it in the face of evidence. I bet they're American.
>>
literally feel that everyday
feels so hard to try to learn things i'd like to learn (like programming)
>>
>>38910424
Happens to me frequently but my neurologist says it's just petit mal seizures. I'm taking 1250mg a day and still have it. Regular memories disappear too.
>>
Mines prolly from dxm too, but I'd like to think there's some kind of signal doing it. Because it seems like there's a pattern to how we all act.
>>
>tfw mouth full of mercury fillings
>tfw have trouble remembering stuff
>>
>>38910424
Please link me an article, I have had a "foggy head" for the past 3 years now i probably have this
>>
>>38910424
Happens to me when I drink too much monster energy drink and don't have anything particular to focus on that forces my brain to work.

Avoid caffiene and do some sudoku, you'll be fine.
>>
Coke do it 1-3 it might help, it helped me after the 2nd time, i felt like a new person
>>
>>38910424
yea but thinking just makes me sleepy, speaking of which i'm tired think i'll go rest
>>
>>38910424

Hello OP and of course all other robots who are reading this, I have the solution for your "brain fog".
First of all you have to stop masturbating (I know, I know "le no fap meme" etc.) but you've got to give it a chance.
Then as >>38910729 suggested, you can try it with fish oil pills (leave the phenibut, it will cause more damage than good).
Next you should get ginkgo biloba leaf extract pills (dont buy the shitty pills that are classified as "supplementation" buy the ones that are classified as a pharmaceutical, they have a very high raw drug to extract ratio (which makes it very potent),take 240 mg (with 35-67:1 extract ) ratio) one half in the morning, the other half in the evening, do this for a month and you'll notice how the "brainfog" goes away and how your thoughts start to become clear. Also: avoid drugs, alcohol and females like the plague, because they are a main cause for this shit. Just focuse on the things you're interested in. ("bee urself", but dont think about fucking cumdumbsters).

t.
>>
>>38912959
also nofap meme can be handy in this situation.
>>
I'm this way, probably (mostly) from depression. But also probably because I'm fucking exhausted all the time, which seems to severe to me to be solely from depression. Exercise only makes me feel worse, I even had a personal trainer for several months and I quit because I felt like shit all the time.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.