[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to help you.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 19

File: cox_drawing_fi-770x515.jpg (66KB, 770x515px) Image search: [Google]
cox_drawing_fi-770x515.jpg
66KB, 770x515px
Hello robots!
I've been lurking in this board for over a year now.
I'm a bit of a writer and philosopher and i would like to offer any kind of moral help or give any possible advice in your situations.
Please feel free to ask me anything or to say anything and i will respond with great honesty.
>>
No. Frig off faggot.
>>
>>38909914
There's no need to be that hostile, i'm just trying to hear you out of good intention. Please don't ruin this for me ...
>>
I'll just repost this and you can respond to it please.

Suicide is starting to seem a lot more appealing nowadays.
There is simply no reason for me to continue living unless you count Yuru Yuri (which I don't btw).
I'll probably end up moving back in with my mother soon. I'd like to end my life before that happens.
Living with her again would be comfy and it would make her happy too but the whole situation is just so depressing.
It's like admitting defeat and accepting that I'm a complete loser. Seems I do have some pride left.
So I'd rather die than fall to the true bottom of normalfag society. Ironically, I hate normalfag society but having a job and living independently lets me justify that hate or something.
Anyway yeah I'm genuinely considering killing myself.
>>
>>38910000
Thank you my friend for sharing this.
First of all, i want you to know that suicide is not truly the solution because it is a permanent end to a temporary stirring in life. Thus taking such step would be really a kind of a bad decision that you can't regret or fix. I believe that if it makes your mother happy to move in with her it means that she is really happy to have you in her life and by her side. I want to ask you a few questions if i can please:
How old are you ?
Do you have studies or a job or a pastime activity ? even a small hobby like vidya ?
Did you attempt self-harm before ?
I hope that you answer my questions with honesty because i think i might help you out if i have an eye on what exactly is causing you this my friend.
I asked you this question because you seem like you suffer from a disease of the soul, something that blocks your lungs and veins and burdens you a lot.
It might be mostly the burden of emptiness that suffocates you my friend...
Please continue i'm all ears and i hope you are fine.
>>
File: bh700 bk ar.jpg (25KB, 216x167px) Image search: [Google]
bh700 bk ar.jpg
25KB, 216x167px
>>38909902
nice thesaurus. try helping yourself before helping others.
>>
/adv/ in a thread?

Answer me this, I have two years until I escape my abusive family. Got any tips as to deal before I break?
>>
File: 1500879088844.png (253KB, 520x559px) Image search: [Google]
1500879088844.png
253KB, 520x559px
>>38909902
doc, how do you think?
>>
>>38910106
Op here
I'm helping myself by helping the others. I believe that doing this, even if it is unremarkable, will make somebody's day or help them keep being strong or have a smile to keep going through the day.
Thank you for your reply though
>>
File: 12890has89dhas9d.jpg (166KB, 532x300px) Image search: [Google]
12890has89dhas9d.jpg
166KB, 532x300px
>>38909902
>writer and philosopher
get fucked. anyone who actually says they're those things are fucking terrible writers. or philosophers.
>>
>>38910135
I will escape my abusive family by September for uni (law degree). I lived with an ultra-violent father and a very passive-aggressive mother, i still have a few scars from the beatings i got and i still occasionally get a slap or two. But my father grew old and got sick and i understand now that all he does is a reaction for how bad his life was for him, I pity him now and i try o make him happy in his days of weakness and old age.
I think you should be the "Bigger person", Dont go for the "Blow them before go", but i strongly advice you to slowly try to be in less contact for them. Keep it formal utmost if you can, by that i mean just do the most vital familial functions and don't go for being really rude to them or really hostile ...
>>38910136
Believe it or not , the connection is too slow in my country that i can load that image ...
>>38910172
I'm sorry if i seemed a little pretentious, or much. However i just wanted to have a certain degree of credibility , nothing more .
>>
>>38910000

I'm not that guy but, what did you work and how did you lose your job?
Why not take the chance of staying at your parents house (which is something literally plenty of people doing in this fucked up economical situation) and get your shit together in a stress free enviroment? You could save up money as well.

Also you are really far from thre truth if you think your job is what defies you as a person. People who judge you by your job of financial status are socially brainwashed disgusting people. The idea itself that you want to be independant that much already tells about you how you are not the pathetic kind of person you think you are.
>>
>>38910215

Thank you, I can no longer bear my mother trying to manipulate me into doing her biddings. I'm going back to Uni in about two years, and from there. I don't plan on returning home. Thank you,I hope you find success in your endeavors.
>>
File: 1501782092177.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1501782092177.png
312KB, 389x386px
OP, you're a brainlet newfag, get off my board faggot. Lurk more.
>>
File: 1500881552659.png (151KB, 688x659px) Image search: [Google]
1500881552659.png
151KB, 688x659px
>>38910215
yeah, but doc... how do you THINK?
>>
>>38910247
You too my friend <3 .
I wish you the best of luck. I wish i could find a way to be in more contact with you but i guess it's not a good idea to post my email or facebook around here.
And please explain what do you mean by "manipulate to do her biddings", I think that might be the core of your problem.
Thank you very much for sharing that.
>>38910252
It's a free world my friend...
>>38910261
Doc agrees , Actually i'm going to change the name on my replies from now on to Doc kek
>>
>>38910247

Not that guy but in many cases cutting ties with people who hold you back is the only good solution as it's impossible to change them so you are not on the wrong track.
I really don't want to act smart but for those two years I would try to find something that is character forming be it a job or a hobby or a social connection and can be done outside of your toxic environment.
>>
File: 1491700359454.gif (841KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1491700359454.gif
841KB, 255x255px
>>38910316
Doc, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK?
>>
>>38910329
That might be true, but on the other side sometimes you have to leave your individual goals aside for a while ...
How i think of the situation is that this anon is old enough to move out so his mother must be old too and you know, it's family after all. Maybe the mother is a little overprotective or authoritative but from my personal can i believe that there's always one trick in the bag that could make all sides go home happy.
>>38910345
I don't think, I feel with thought.
>>
File: 1500588000939.jpg (61KB, 357x402px) Image search: [Google]
1500588000939.jpg
61KB, 357x402px
>>38910396
doc, my problem is I can't think. I am asking for advice on how to think. please.
>>
>>38910247
And if you're taking any kind of depressants like alcohol or pills go easy on them ... they induce the thought of suicide even more my friend
>>38910432
Hello friend !
That just might be a variant of ADHD. Try contemplating something for a while, play some comfy music (classical music, post rock , stoner rock) and try to think about one thing without going out of its bubble for a few minutes .
Also try reading things because we learn thinking by emulating the way other people think, Try to read stuff and it will surely help.
Thank you for asking friend.
>>
>>38909902
Could you share some fragments of what you write? I'd be curious to read them.
Also, tell us a little about your philosophy, or at least the current manner of thought you have based on your acquired knowledge.
>>
>>38910396

The problem always comes down to the fact that if you discuss things here people tend to write their problem not in details just generaly.
Factors contributing to a problem can go into great depths, and without that information you can't really judge the situation. This is why I think online "psychological help" can never work on the other hand if you just have somebody to share your problems with can help a great amount, it's almost like thinking aloud. This is why I love this board after all these years still despite the many degenerate shit.
>>
I've moved 13 times, across different states and countries, I remember cool summers on the endless steppes of Siberia, I lived a 2 hour walk away from the pacific, in California.

I'm afraid that whatever I'll see in life, I won't be impressed or amazed or awed. I'm afraid that I'll think "Meh"

That's why as soon as I'm done with college in a few years I'm gonna try to get a job at an Antarctic research base. But I'm still afraid I'll be jaded
>>
File: 1493248342066.gif (40KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1493248342066.gif
40KB, 140x140px
>>38910468
alright. thanks doc
>>
>>38910215
>253 kilobytes,

Damn OP, I live in the states, and our internet infrastructure is getting quickly outcucked by fucking Bangladesh. I thought we had it bad.
>>
>>38910471
Hello friend !
I am currently in the middle of writing an essay on the existential crisis of the modern human; I base my philosophy mostly on existentialism and absurdism, some times out of cheer ego i refer to it as "Neo-existentialism", However if you would like to read something i have this medium page that i use to experiment with new writing styles : https://medium.com/@Thepenman
and i would be happy to post my book as a series if i find the right audience, Thank you for asking
>>38910472
Exactly my friend, i always come here to read your stories and i enjoy them a lot as they remind that there are people like me everywhere and i'm no stranger to this world.
>>38910483
Life always has its way of giving you a new way to see it, There is always an adventure waiting to unfold. Never let the eye of the child die in you my friend
>>38910510
you're very welcome my friend, THANK YOU for sharing.
>>38910529
I live in tunisia and i am saving for college , that's why my moderate wifi is slow , i don't want to pay for a faster bundle
>>
I love you all for making this thread prosper.
Thank you for your words my friends, i wish you the best of luck in your lives
>>
>>38910578

>Exactly my friend, i always come here to read your stories and i enjoy them a lot as they remind that there are people like me everywhere and i'm no stranger to this world.
Same goes to you brother.

>>38910483
This is why "being in peace" with yourself is the most important thing in life. When your mood is not depending on your environment.
>>
>>38910661
I would strongly recommend watching the movie "The pursuit of Happiness" starring Will Smith.
It really touched me and i think it would do the same to you my friends
>>
>>38909902
So let me get this straight, my friend. You want to offer moral help, when you yourself do not believe in any moral construct, but in individual will.
Also, are your essays reflections of your own thoughts, or simply philosophical literature? If the former is true, I feel you're slightly contradicting yourself.
You're an existentialist and absurdist, therefore you believe in a lack of purpose, in a relative determinism that lies in the will of man. At the same time, you bring up God, claiming that we are born to die and enter his kingdom. How do these two concepts settle together? We live in a chaotic universe, but one that also hosts an absolute entity that functions within a logical system? Or is your God also chaotic? In that case, why would he give us a definite end purpose?
>>
File: 1501129701616.gif (830KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1501129701616.gif
830KB, 500x750px
>>38910081
I dropped out of HS and then later dropped out of trade school (it was IT related).
my job is easy, tolerable and pays well. i was very lucky to land such a robot-friendly job
i play video games and anime in my spare time
no
i have diagnosed depression, been on medication for many years. probably have a personality disorder as well

>>38910221
i didnt lose my job
>get your shit together in a stress free enviroment?
there is no shit for me to get together and i am not stressed
i simply do not enjoy living. normal people remedy this sort of thing by getting married and starting a family
i think that's fucking retarded, it looks and sounds awful and you are creating more life just for it suffer and continue the cycle
>>
I have serious ADD, depression, Aspergers and some autism too but I saw a thread on tulpas and want to create one, but I can't focus on it (no not a ponyfag). Should I give up, or try getting some meds prescribed and try?
>>
>>38909926
So this is selfish? Are you just trying to blow your own horn?
>>
>>38910765
It would seem very contradictory indeed but i refer in my essays to what i truly believe. I fall under the theistic categorization of existentialism and i believe that whatever it is that gives you meaning is meaning in itself. I believe that any moral construct in itself is born out of the cheer idea that you get to define your own moral construct. In my philosophy i think that the lack of purpose gives you the purpose of pursuing one and establishing one.
When it comes to the problem of god i have very mixed views that i think might be contradictory, I firmly believe in the existence of such entity yet i think that it is very indifferent (i refer to deism constantly) or that he is very chaotic and might even have a grain of evil in him.
I do not believe that god gives us purpose but i think that purpose gives us because existence precedes essence. I mean by that that god is the existential savor from the horrors of nihilism.
Please enlighten me and correct me if i'm wrong my friend.
>>38910776
I feel you my friend, but i still wonder what exactly is the problem with your mother ? is it something rooted in your childhood ?
because i think you got it all together, Hell , you are living the dream of many people i know my friend. I think that the problem is out of your work environment and more rooted in your family. Please feel free to share more
>>
>>38910877
I would strongly recommend finding a therapist my friend, your case seems to be very serious but at the same time i would ask about why do you feel depressed ? what thought makes you feel that way ?
if you banish the thought from your mind it would banish the sickness from your soul.
Please share more so i could help my friend !
>>38910894
Of course not, but i feel satisfied when i know that i helped someone in the world feel better, even a little better. There's a greater good to what i do my friend. Thank you for asking
>>
>>38910940
There are no issues with my mother. I get along fine with her.
She lives alone after she cheated on and divorced dad.
I don't really like anyone else in my family even though they are all very kind to me.
>>
>>38909902
My older brother is a total robot and I watched his life going almost exactly as my life is going. He's very smart however his life went down a path of mediocrity because of bad work ethic and I am suffing an extreamly similer issue and am becoming very depressed by it.
Help please.
>>
>>38910776

>i simply do not enjoy living. normal people remedy this sort of thing by getting married and starting a family

Well good for you because I do not enjoy living and also stress the fuck out 90% of the time making me crippled in many situations.
Also getting married and having a family is not the exclusive way of life just because most people end up doing that. I'm still searching for something that I can grasp into and make me want to enjoy life.
>>
>>38910970
Have you ever made this thread before?
>>
>>38909902
Doc, would you like to talk?
>>
>>38910970
Thanks, your posts are comfy and despite other anons calling you out I would be glad to have you stay, regardless of whether you are helping or not. I'm depressed about a lot of things, everything from random nitpicky stuff in my past, I'm worried about my future, I hate that I disappointed everyone who did care about me and I'm sad that I am like this. My mum would tell me how I used to be so passionate, eager and smart as a young child and how I grew up to be a depressed wreck who had nowhere to go. My parents weren't abusive or anything for the record. This just makes me feel the worst and I wish that of all the symptoms of my problems, I at least got to keep the childish unawareness so I wouldn't be as sad as I am. The worst thing is that my passion turned into a coping mechanism and would increasingly upset me and make me desperate when things wouldn't work out (It was herpetology). Sorry for the blog post but I'm feeling feels right now. 1/2
>>
>>38910940
Why would you think god exists?
He would have to have a brain just like us.
>>
>>38910981
Then the problem must be with your self-acceptance my friend. Hating others means that there's something that you hate in yourself, especially when there is no reason to hate them.
I would recommend contemplation or meditation over where things went wrong, Try to lay down, don't do anything and just think about it all once again with a clean mind. I trust that way you might be able to take on an adventure on finding your happiness my friend. I also recommend having a serious hobby, like dedicating your time to a predetermined goal, something you like lifting or breaking a high score in vidya or even making a nice sleeping schedule, That way you will raise your self-esteem and have a better view of the world ... i remember a wise man told me once "The world reflects the image in one's soul" and i believe that you have a foggy soul my friend ... Life is waiting for you with open arms, Please don't miss it.
I wish you the best of luck and i will keep you in my thoughts, if you could come up with a way to keep us in contact i would love to hear from you whenever you can.
I wish you the best Anon.
>>38910992
I have the same exact problem but with my father, I would hate to be like him but sometimes i feel as if he possesses me. What i do is that i try to write down what i should do , in your case what makes a good work ethic and keep the paper in my pocket and through the day i would take it out and read it just to remember i shouldn't be like one of my ancestors or siblings. It would surely help i guarantee but it takes patience and a great deal of discipline. I wish you could break out of the cycle my friend, if you have anything else to say please i'm all ears.
>>38911041
No my friend this is my first time posting in here.
>>38911041
Sure thing Mr.Blonde. About what ?
>>
>>38911182
Why do you want to help?
>>
>>38910940
Alright, I see your point. The topic of morality is too complex, so I won't debate it much here. However, by definition, morality is something concretely structured, it is a set of principles with the purpose of discerning good from evil. In your particular context, there is no good and evil in the first place, because everything is defined on an individual level, therefore any attempt of being moral automatically loses its initial sense.
>i think that it is very indifferent [...] might even have a grain of evil
That indifference and evilness are also misleading adjectives, given the relativity of our previously mentioned subject.
I understood the deistic part indeed, though it's those mixed feelings that give out a certain confusion to the reader. The idea of an afterlife, of a kingdom owned by this possibly chaotic entity sounds very restrictive to me, as it suggests that death is followed by a singular choice. If the universe isn't a self-developing mechanism, and it was created by an existence, our free will isn't as free as we'd like to claim therefore, since it manifests within another one's will.
This isn't something to correct, as beliefs can't be right or wrong, I just wanted to clear up some details for the sake of my own understanding.
>>
>>38911169
What triggered my depression though was the celebrity crush meme. It's fucking pathetic, I know, but there was this one girl who I thought was down to earth and shared my interests, I actually met her a couple of times but I was so infatuated that I proclaimed it to the world Disney-style (I was a young child when this happened) and got bullied, making me hate everyone and myself, increasing my self awareness. Eventually I saw that she was a fake thot but I blamed myself as well and that put me on a downward spiral. It still haunts me to this day. The only thing stopping me from suicide is my dumb escapist fantasies, which are making me almost delusional. I can pull off a slightly spergy but polite and seemingly normal mask for work but it's so fucking exhausting and makes me wish that I was that person. This rant is probably going nowhere and I wish a had a nice girl that I could do this to in person so I avoid making a fool of myself here. Cheers Doc
>>
Jesus christ this is some next level autism, even for /r9k/
>>
>>38911182
Thanks for the advice, it helps just to talk about it. This is >>38910992 btw. I'm thinking of joining the millitary in a desperate attempt to somehow leave my brothers footsteps, although the idea sounds crazy. I'm thinking millitary aviation because I somehow meet it's acidemic criteria and I think helecopters are neat. I feel like I'm doing it more to say I've done something in my life than because it's actually what I want to do.
>>
File: 1476881596669.jpg (20KB, 222x280px) Image search: [Google]
1476881596669.jpg
20KB, 222x280px
>>38911284
it's a good kind of autism though
>>
>>38911169
Oh a scientist in my thread !! YEY.
My friend i just admire the way you think about your passion and i'm very saddened that it didn't work out for that ONE TIME. my friend the path of life extends endlessly before you and remember that before every great man had his statue of greatness he had to go through a very rough path. Here's one unforgettable man from history who followed his goal all through : http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/education/failures.htm
and please don't mind your self when writing, just feel free to write a whole book and i'll read it all. I love your passion and honesty , please i would i love yo hear more from you !!
>>38911180
It's just a matter of belief, but it would take a whole thread to explain why and how and i came to believe and i don't really want to rattle around like some priest so ... I believe he exists and that is what matters the most to me but thank you for asking my friend!
>>38911211
I want to help because i didn't find help when i needed it. I don't want anybody to feel that way my friend.
>>38911225
Well thank you sir it's really kind of you to point out those things and to read my articles, is there any way i could keep in contact with you ? as you seem very fond of the subject as i am i have many many questions to ask someone like you.
>>38911264
No matter how bad it goes for you , remember that they didn't invent a time machine yet and no one really cares about what happened that day with that person. I, myself did even worse, I proposed at 17 and got the good ol' knock in the teeth. Girls hit too close home my friend, it's the one subject that unfortunately don't understand too ... But if you could tell me more i'm all ears my friend !!
>>38911284
yeah ... Okey i guess ... NEXT.
>>38911315
My man, it was my dream to fly a plane ... unfortunately i didn't get into the academy.
But how's this ? you go make my dream come true for you and i'll be always around this board.
>>
File: itisntgreentea.png (535KB, 989x807px) Image search: [Google]
itisntgreentea.png
535KB, 989x807px
>>38909902
Are you a Shaman, though?
What do the spirits want from me??
>>
>>38911315
If you could find any way to keep us in contact please tell me so i could check on your progress ...
two minds are better than one on keeping track of things Pilot!!!!
>>38911342
Well thank you friend !
>>
>>38911374
You don't want people to feel like they can't get the help they need?
>>
>>38911393
Iss yaa boiii , Shaman man ya man
da spirit wans da boiii to be happi ma boiiii
>>
File: 1501953294858.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501953294858.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
This seems like a good thread.

My entire life I've been weak. Both physically but even more so mentally. I had very little friends when I was little, because I was afraid of other kids and I didn't like sports. I started becoming very introverted and started spending time watching TV and playing games. I got tired of it and I'm willing to bleed and break to change myself. I want to be a man. I started training a martial art and lifting. I'm much stronger and healthier now. I now have a small amount of friends (in comparison to what I had before this is a fairly large improvement). My grades had gotten worse altough it was worth it. But I am still mentally weak. It's better than before but still nowhere near my goal. I'm more rational and logical now. I don't complain anymore, I get things done. I have somewhat better self discipline. I'm willing to make compromises yet not be walked over on. I'm working harder than ever to achieve what I want. But I still break and cry easily. I can carry a stone up mount Everest, sweating like an ape, not complaining and not breaking under the pressure and finally achieving my goal. Yet it's so easy for me to spiral into deep self hatred and depression out of which I try to break out but I simply don't know how to properly fight my emotions. This leads me to humiliating moments in my life when I break. Then I will keep on reminding myself of this failure in my life time and time again which is counter productive and only leads me to spiral into this cycle time and time again. I lost the first girl I have loved in my life because she lost atraction to me, which at this point I think is because of me being this pathetic. I want her back. And I want to learn how to properly control my emotions rather than have them control me.

How do I do this? How do I become a man?
>>
>>38911414
I don't want people to feel abandoned. I don't want anyone to feel like a stranger to this life, for this life is for everyone and everyone deserves a decent happy life.
>>
File: 1500815562414.jpg (16KB, 409x226px) Image search: [Google]
1500815562414.jpg
16KB, 409x226px
>>38911425
That's not what they told me!
Well, you tried. My pursuit of a Shaman across 4chan continues.
>>
>>38911284

I can smell the newfag.
>>
>>38911374
My pleasure, it was a refreshing sight here. I'd certainly enjoy to continue these discussions, you can always find me at [email protected] :)
>>
>>38911451
You don't become what you are my friend! YOU ARE A MAN. Hell even more of a man than many people i know!. it's okey for men to cry too my friend, I cry too and i'm a man and it's a problem or a shame in the slightest. but to become a better man now, you need to accept the fact there is weakness and you must defy it, fight it like muscle until it's tired and until your spirit is stronger my friend. Now the question is : does this happen in public ? i mean the crying ? or is it just between you in yourself ?
>>38911473
Sorry man, just tried my best shaman skills.
>>38911494
Okey ... Thanks I guess ? ...
>>38911500
Well THANK YOU !
>>
>>38911541
>Sorry man, just tried my best shaman skills.
It's cool, anon. Always worth a shot.
>>
>>38911374
Not a scientist unfortunately, ended up dropping out due to ADD preventing me from continuing. It isn't that it didn't work out one time, it was just a series of bad luck and potential inexperience on my part that combined with other stuff made things hard (I mostly go out alone due to lack of friends but I do try and find other people online or at associations with similar interests, but when I am alone in a non-public place my subconscious doesn't have any restrictions on my brain so I go full self-loathing anxious sperg), I haven't lost all interest but I am less active with it. I would love to try and redo my year 11/12 stuff (I think that is college if you are american) and try and work on my passion but I'll have to see how getting meds works out. It's great to have someone to talk to though, and you are a great listener and I wish you luck with whatever you plan to do.

I won't mention this girl's name due to poential recognisation but she was very beautiful and very passionate (or at least in my former self's eyes) and I honestly wish that she could of at least grown up to honor her legacy and what she stood for instead of trying to get attention to trump her irrelevancy under the guise of her former motto. She and her family went to shit after a certain event which I didn't realise until too late. You may know who they are by this description. I was madly infatuated with her to my degradation, and I wish this wasn't my first experience with love otherwise I may have become a better person today. Sometimes people (or me) try and open this old scar again but while it haunts me I feel like I am over it and more (de)pressing things take priority in my mind.
>>
>>38909902
Hello Doc. I have a question - how do you develop rational positivity out of apparent cynism and self-defeating thoughts? Thing is that i've been people pleaser for a long while in childhood and teens, therefore i have no personality and existential crisis.
>>
>>38911541
The last time I cried was in front of my now ex girlfriend. I thought that she was starting to lose atraction to me and didn't love me anymore. We were out with one of her female friends. A million and one thoughts were racing through my head, I was overthinking every single, little small thing. She realized something was wrong but she didnt realize why I felt this way. Now when I look at it from her perspective she just saw me breaking for no apparent reason. Instead of talking to her like a rational, normal person I threw a fucking tantrum like the pussy that I am. How am I a man? How am I a rational person when I do something like this?
>>
>>38911630
>How am I a rational person when I do something like this?
Not that anon but it's clear case of person being too rational - they're very influenced by emotions and they either show little to no emotion or throw emotional tantrums.
>>
>>38911541
I can't cry, I wish I could to let it all out but I just can't force myself and it doesn't happen because I'm used to this shit. Any advice on how to let it all out Doc?
>>
>>38911658
How do I stop myself then?
>>
File: Hexagonal Heaven.png (79KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hexagonal Heaven.png
79KB, 750x500px
You seem well versed with ideas do you have a throwaway email I could contact you through?

Because I have been giving philosophy and writing a crack my whole life and here's an extremely compressed summary of my beliefs:

>Limitation is what stops you from reaching the end game of any ethic.
>Time is the ultimate limitation, you cannot alter it.
>Creation is the antidote to limitation (by definition).
>Man has free will, making you responsible for every action you do/don't take as time is permanent.
>Therefore let creation overcome limitation through you across time.

I'm leaving a lot out such as an entirely different existential conceptual framework but basically I have no one to talk to about my ideas.
>>
Could any one recommend some good psychological tests which give insight into yourself?
>>
>>38911756
Miggs Bryer test
>>
>>38911768
>Miggs Bryer test
Maybe some obscure ones than big 5 or mbti.
>>
>>38911756
Big 5 personalities test
>>
>>38911583
Well my friend i'm a tunisian but look, here's my e-mail : [email protected]
I would love to hear more from you and everyone else!
You keep pursuing that dream man i would love to see you a doctor or a scientist one day. I don't know what it is but i have a feeling you are destined to greatness ... Please don't give up , i believe in you my friend !
>>38911621
Bury the bad thoughts under the good ones my friend! and you sure have a personality; at least i see that you do from the way you talk and it's a very interesting one!.
Try this : choose a goal in something , anything at all and try to achieve it, once you do that move on to doing something better with it ! it truly raises self esteem and i tried it many times now and it worked for me, i hope it works for you!
I wish the best of luck my friend !
>>38911630
It's anxiety man! and this kind of anxiety needs medication. I would strongly advice a therapist and some benzos. Some are in plants that i can't name in English because of my deep ignorance in the field, i guess it's chamomile but i'm not sure but it really helped me through my teenage years!
I cried once in a audience , like 200 people, on stage when a guitar string broke just because i felt horrified , it happens man , boys cry too !
>>38911666
There's this anime called "Your lie in april" , (i'm not a big fan of anime) just trust me and watch it all, i promise you unending rivers of tears my friend !
>>38911688
I would love to contact you my friend ! here's my email : [email protected] Thank you for posting
>>
>>38911756
>>38911768
>>38911776
>>38911778
I wouldn't recommend any online tests my friend. There's no shame in seeing a professional who is experienced in the field.
I hope you find what you're looking for but i strongly recommend a doctor!
>>
>>38911800
>I hope you find what you're looking for but i strongly recommend a doctor!
Sadly, i cannot afford doctor.
>>
>>38911816
Alright; where do you live ? could we start a campaign to raise money for you and other people for mental health care ?
If anyone knows anything about this please inform me !
>>
>>38911854
>where do you live ?
Eastern Europe. It's a stigma here if you attend shrink.
>>
>>38911873
I'm sorry i don't know anyone around there; unfortunately i can't think of a way to help you except to tell you to look for a professional!.
I'm really really sorry , this is above my possibilities.
>>
>>38911756
It really depends on what you want. No valid test can tell you who you are on a general level, all of them are fragmented into certain parts of personality. You can start with the Big Five personality traits, which determines your level of conscientiousness, openness to experience, extraversion, agreeableness and neuroticism.
If you want to see your current status on a trait scale, do inventories and tests like the one mentioned.
If you want something that's not as valid but gives you an interesting perspective, you can go for projective tests, like Rorschach, Thematic apperception test (TAT), Rosenzweig picture frustration test, Szondi test, Luscher color test. Note that these suppose interpretation, so they're very subjective. The last one reflects your temporary mood, not a permanent emotional state.
>>
>>38911896
>I'm really really sorry , this is above my possibilities.
Dont worry, i didnt expect anything to change. Atleast you tried Doc. You know what, let me ask you this - how was your childhood like?
>>
>>38911927
Well, the least i could say is that it was a pretty rough one. I have an abusive father and still carry some of the scars i got as a child with me to this day...
I had a few traumatizing experiences but it all resolved later and i overcame them.
I think of them very often and they make me very sad when i do so. But i try to keep pursuing my dream of becoming a judge now and i just bury them underneath my passions.
>>
>>38911968
>But i try to keep pursuing my dream of becoming a judge now and i just bury them underneath my passions.
How did you realized that you want to be a judge?
>>
>>38909902
>writer and philosopher
lmfao
>>
>>38911976
I live in a very poor district in a very poor country. I believe that if i reach that status i can change that somehow. I have this "Big Plan" that i jotted down years ago and i'm still pursuing it till this day. I believe that change can be done no matter how bad the situation is. So i decided to get in law school and do my best to do what i think is best for people around here.
>>38911994
Okey i guess ...
>>
This is a good thread. Doc, you should check out the psychology problems general, it's less active lately though.
>>
>>38912032
I've been there Vlad, but it's really slow and very "pretentious" in my opinion. Unlike here, the people are nice and their feelings are real.
>>
>>38912015
>when you're such an arrogant, pretentious faggot that you describe yourself as a writer and philosopher and think you can help people even though you're a teenager
Met so many of your kind at law school. Don't bother going. They almost never make it and their naivety is a hindrance.
>>
>>38912064
Well, Thanks for the encouragement anon! that was really nice of you!
>>
>>38912103
See? This is endemic of your problem. You think everyone should be nice and encouraging like it makes the difference between success and failure.

>oh if I'm nice and encouraging to people like my parents never were to me they'll be able to follow their goals and complete them

The world doesn't work that way. What I said is completely true. Law school will be nothing like you imagine.
>>
>>38912133
Okey man, what is it like ?
>>
>>38911779
>>38911630
>I would strongly advice a therapist and some benzos.
Don't listen to this fucking idiot.
Taking Benzos was the worse mistake of my life. It damages your brain more than anything.
>>
>>38911688
>free will
>real
>>
>>38912169
>explain what four years of school is like for me
Nope. You'll end up hating reading though. Enjoy.
>>
>>38912195
What's your experience with them anon ?
They helped a lot with my anxiety ...
>>
>>38912213
Well i guess i's going to be hard but i sure hope that i'm going to succeed in it. Thanks for sharing your experience though anon
>>
File: 1488691242122.jpg (747KB, 3425x2300px) Image search: [Google]
1488691242122.jpg
747KB, 3425x2300px
>all these shitposting retards trying to discredit the DOC ITT
>the DOC immediately BTTFO with kindness as they come
>>
>>38912305
Exactly my friend ... Kill them kindness ..
>>
>>38912305
>lol u cnt evn disscred teh teenaguh hu callz hisself a righter n filosofer
There is nothing to discredit. He did it himself already. And being a passive aggressive faggot by hiding behind a facade of kindness does nothing to btfo of anyone. Catch him making NEET threads in 3-4 years after he drops out of law school once he realises it isn't how it thought it was going to be and that being treated like shit as a graduate in a firm working 60-80 hour weeks is trash tier living. I've heard stories of people having to work 100 hour weeks. And this isn't even considering eating, sleeping, travelling to and from work, etc. Enjoy losing your weekends for years just so the partners make sick money off your work.
>>
I will visit you my friends soon in another thread, i'll keep checking this one till it dies. Thank you all for participating friends.
>>
DOC, thanks for this thread. I'm hoping you could help me.

Simple question. How do you let go of someone you deeply love?

I've had an on and off relationship with this girl for 4 years. She means a lot to me and we have a deep connection. But this year has been on and off, on and off. I'm stressed most of the time, and depressed.

I've did the correct things to change my life. Started working out, eating good. I got pretty fit over the last year.

But it scares the shit out of me to not have this girl in my life. But I know that's the way it needs to be. But she is my best friend, how do I fully let go without being bitterly depressed?
>>
>>38912511
While I do agree with your arguments, right now you're just following his steps.
You made your point clearly, no need to go full ad hominem to make your possible emotional discomfort obvious. You're not going to enlighten him and no one else really cares whether he's going to fail or not. Relax.
>>
>>38912643
The problem is that i'm in your shoes since 7 years now my friend ... i couldn't let go too, and i think i never will. I'm sorry i can't help you or myself ... We're stuck brother, this is one lost cause.
>>
>>38912669
>You have to be angry to tell the truth
>The truth is now ad hominem
>Somehow thinks calling him a passive aggressive faggot hiding behind a facade of kindness constitutes an argument per se

Lad. Please. I'm sitting here eating nuggets and just telling the truth as I've experienced it. I wish someone had told me about all this before I got my law degree.
>>
>>38912701
I know that you have nothing better to do ... enjoy yourself dude, it's a free world ...
>>
>>38912723
>I know that you have nothing better to do
Of course not. It's late night, I don't have work or uni tomorrow, my girlfriend is watching some trash show on Netflix and I've got a box of nuggets in front of me.

Or was this supposed to be a passive-aggressive attack on my personal life as a whole?
>>
>>38912701
>Explained how law school isn't for everyone and it's hard work
>Continues arguing puerile statements, repeating the same idea while making subjective assumptions about another person's future
We got it the first time. Accentuating for the sake of an unrelated context (the one you replied to made a subtlety you could've easily ignored) won't help him more.
I would've expected someone from law school to be more efficient when it comes to words and time management. Enjoy your chicken nuggets.
>>
>>38912780
>If you have been to law school you must write and act in ways I deem acceptable
>on 4chan of all places
Ah. I see we have another pretentious faggot here. I'll continue shitposting because I enjoy it.
>>
>>38912686
Wow

You have helped everyone in the thread but me.

Just my luck
>>
>>38912821
He can't help you because he's a teenager with limited knowledge of how life works. His advice is vacuous and general, consisting mostly of questions. Besides, it's 4chan. Are you honestly expecting anything good here?
>>
File: 1495543776081.webm (2MB, 736x544px) Image search: [Google]
1495543776081.webm
2MB, 736x544px
>>38909902
Oh, sweet Tunisian negro, you're kinda reminding me of that dude from the Green Mile a bit.
Alrighty, so is there any need to break the nihilistic worldview just to get into normalfag society? Cause naturally I wasn't an introvert, but lonely lifestyle and no appreciation for my ideas from people turned me into it. Its so fucking hard to find like-minded people in my shithole, its either completely blown normies or pretentious fucks who claim themselves "wow so unique and different, because I have my own Facebook group xDDD". And, in the end, is living even worth it at all? I'm considering stacking up on methane and in one day just to inhale all that shit and pass out. And damn no, I'm not interested in ass-licking successful career, family or even gf, I simply wanna do something big that may change the world to the greater good, but its not going to happen in like 99% of all perspectives.
>>
File: 3gyFWt8.jpg (168KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
3gyFWt8.jpg
168KB, 800x450px
>>38912819
I wasn't talking about quality, but about quantity. I couldn't care less about how you talk, but at this point you're just continuing what the guy started. Big words about naivety at first, only to end up narrating your personal activities as some sort of comeback or whatever form of 'shitposting' you see it as. You're being pitiful right now and given I initially agreed with you, I thought of pointing it out. Have fun with your attempt.
>>
>>38912940
>you're just continuing what the guy started
You keep saying this. What the fuck are you talking about?

All of your posts seem to say a lot but say nothing. The lame weeb reaction faces don't help anything either
>>
>>38912821
I begged her to stay, i did unbelievable things for her ... all of that and she still leaves for some other guy then comes back like nothing happened... all i could say is try to find something and dedicate your time to it, that way you'll forget her and keep a distance from anything or any place that brings back her memory. as they say "there's plenty of fish in the sea" i wish you the best of luck my friend .... you'll need it
>>38912898
You are a part of the world my friend, ever heard of the 'Butterfly effect' ? you're changing the world with every breath you take and every movement you make. your existence in itself is changing the world. I hope you understand what i mean.
>>38912940
>>38913067
Please don't ruin this thread. I'm okey with whatever anyone says or posts just don't start a futile fight over nothing. Thank you
>>
File: 1501161762577.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501161762577.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
>>38913117
>I hope you understand what i mean.
Yeah, I do it very well. The thing is, that you didn't understood me that well since I meant something much more physical and feasible, and I kinda can come up with the same excuse, as well as half of this board.
Godspeed anyways, its my fault for seeking help where it doesn't exist.
>>
Armed with kindness
Weaponized with autism
I shall meet you again my brethren
See you soon ...
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.