[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's preventing you from getting a job, anon?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

What's preventing you from getting a job, anon?
>>
>>38906106
>What's preventing you from getting a job, anon?
I dont want to
>>
Just quit my job today. AMA
>>
File: comfyneet.jpg (40KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfyneet.jpg
40KB, 409x409px
>>38906124
fpbp

ragie-wagies btfo
>>
poor handshake technique. Can't look people in the eyes

>>38906139
what do you like to order at mcdonalds
>>
File: right_to_be_lazy.jpg (38KB, 249x320px) Image search: [Google]
right_to_be_lazy.jpg
38KB, 249x320px
My own will
>>
>>38906169
I try not to eat fast food anymore but when I still was eating McDonalds once every week or two I would usually get the crispy chicken burgers. I had one of those peri peri wraps the other week because I forgot to bring my lunch and it was fucking disgusting.
>>
>>38906106
Anxiety and other people better suited.
>>
>>38906106
i dont know
ive been unemployed the last 5 months and thought i got a job replacing my friend who moved recently to colorado
then the guy who hired me emailed me saying that HR put an informal freeze on hiring and he'd be gone on vacation for the next 2 weeks so he's unable to fix it so i still don't have a job
>>
File: 1490410269467.jpg (25KB, 891x597px) Image search: [Google]
1490410269467.jpg
25KB, 891x597px
>>38906106
I'm a HS dropout
>tfw dropped out despite all the warnings that I would regret it
me dum dum
>>
File: time_pepe.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
time_pepe.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
A few weeks ago, I had a surgery for the excision of several pilonidal cysts. Basically, I have a really hairy ass, which leads to lots of ingrown hairs down there. They get infected, and I had to have 25 stitches on a 5-inch incision to have all of the ingrown hairs removed. It's incredibly painful for me to sit down now.

I'm a college student, and I'm home for the summer. However, my tuition is really high because I go to private school, and I want to do what I can to contribute. I wanted to work at McDonald's this summer because it's a standing job, but my doctor wouldn't let me, and I have to change the dressing every 4 hours because of all the blood :^(

>tfw you want to work, but you are forced into the NEET lifestyle without any choice
I want school to start, and I want this damn thing to heal.
>>
>>38906278
I remember you. You'v posted about your issue before.

Working at mcdonalds over the summer wouldn't have really made much of a difference. Employers claim they want people who work and go to school at the same time.
>>
>5 year gap of nothing after high school
you tell me
too out of shape and weak for manual labor jobs also
>>
>>38906320
I have posted about this before, haha. Just glad that school is starting soon and that the whole ordeal will be over. Thanks for the support, desu

Plus, I will have a job with the school's IT department once school starts. Really looking forward to that 9.65 wage
>>
>>38906250
Trade school is an option
>>
File: handshakedadrocker.png (826KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedadrocker.png
826KB, 700x394px
AND ON I SHAKE
SHAKE IS IMPRESSING MANAGERS
HANDSHAKIN' HARD, FIRM, AND MEAN
AND ON I SHAKE
SHAKIN' MY DIRECTION
>>
>>38906106
I already have one though.
>>38906532
If he dropped out of high school there's a good chance trade school won't fare much better.
>>
i have a job, a shitty one in a grocery store making minimum wage, less than $12,000/year. A career, on the other hand, I just don't care anymore.
>>
>>38906106
The call saying to come in for my first day.

I get several interviews, brush hair, dress nice and half-smile as to not be a beaming autist. Answer every question as confidently as possible and on the off chance I stutter, ill just say "Sorry, can't quite put it together" with a laugh. Fuck if I know what the issue is, probably just the answers I give them.
>>
>Can only find 10 people who can foreseeably lead to a job
>Expect only 1 to respond
>Otherwise I have to network without people who might know other people which will take a while
>Meanwhile no new job postings are coming out

I'm getting nervous. My main reason not to expand further is because I'm trying not to move.
>>
File: 20170801_191705.jpg (65KB, 368x366px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_191705.jpg
65KB, 368x366px
Still in med school
Why the fuck did i chose the longest career of them all?
>>
File: 1497320139891.jpg (75KB, 550x449px) Image search: [Google]
1497320139891.jpg
75KB, 550x449px
>>38906106
No one calls me back after I fill out an application. I even did the whole "talk with the manager and give them a firm handshake" meme.
>>
File: handshakedadcarkeys.png (815KB, 658x415px) Image search: [Google]
handshakedadcarkeys.png
815KB, 658x415px
>>38906863
Then we'll try somewhere else, Champ. What've you got to lose?
>>
>>38906106

I have one, but the trick is to start from the bottom of the barrel. If the place you are applying to requires a call back, you are aiming too high.
Fast food and parking attendant type jobs typically hire on the spot provided you aren't a total retard. Getting a security guard job is also easy, but requires a basic retard test in the form of a guard card.
After getting a shit, other employers see you are employable and you can begin to move up. Having some college helps, even from a CC.

tl;dr work a shit tier job at McDo, SP Parking, etc, then move up.
>>
>>38906882
That's my philosophy, pop.
Honestly things would be easier if stock photo father was my real dad.
>>
>>38906106

My parents are very rich and insist I complete my education
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.