[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm gonna try to learn japanese

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1488394998084.jpg (112KB, 580x582px) Image search: [Google]
1488394998084.jpg
112KB, 580x582px
Hey, guys. I'm currently 18 and turning 19 on the 14th of this month. I have decided that after I turn 19 I'll dedicate the free time I have to learn Japanese. I am fully determined to do this and will not quite like I did back when I was 15. Now I just wanna know where do I start?

I just wanted advice on any resources that are out there that can help me begin learning Japanese. Also, has anybody here ever tried the Pimsleur approach? I've heard good things about it. How about you guys?
>>
Check the Daily Japanese Threads on /jp/, they have plenty of resources. I personally started with Tae Kim's Guide to Japanese, you can get a PDF of it for free from the website or just read it there online.
>>
>>38892001
Thanks to my guy. I'll try it. oringe
>>
File: 1361133700721.jpg (35KB, 600x457px) Image search: [Google]
1361133700721.jpg
35KB, 600x457px
>>38892029
Do your best, OP. Remember that consistency is key. Don't just study a lot for a month and then burn out and give up, study a little bit every day and just keep going. Also helps to have a motivation when learning a language, and to be able to remind yourself of that motivation, otherwise you'll just lose interest. Memorizing short song lyrics is a great motivation-builder to start with because it's fun, comparatively easy, and will help you remember certain grammatical patterns and words.
>>
>>38892234
a-arigatou gozaimas!
>>
We share the same bday anon, although I'm a year older
>>
>>38891859
Good lucc OhPea. GodSpeed you fucking faggot.
>>
>>38891859
Lol she cant stand the nigger smell
>>
>>38891859
Why is that chimp dressed up like a baby from the 90s
>>
God damn Tyler has some huge hands
>>
>>38892281
d-dooitashimashite
not that guy just a filthy weeb trying to learn moonrunes too. Not even sure if I spelled that right...
>>
File: IMG_1703.jpg (463KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1703.jpg
463KB, 1600x1066px
I started first by learning hiragana+katakana and then used genki.
>>
>>38892305
What A coincidence. How does it feel to be finally turning 20? I feel weird enough about turning 19, but ya know.

>>38892574
Ganbarou

>>38893374
Shall check out. Arigatou!
>>
If you want to actually speak it with a non-shitty accent, take a Japanese class in college with a real native Japanese speaker. The rest can be self-taught, but it's very difficult to teach yourself a good accent on your own, especially with Japanese.
>>
>>38894402
Yeah, after I'm planning to also get a Japanese person who I can talk to either on the internet or irl.
>>
>>38891859
>Hey, guys. I'm currently 18 and turning 19 on the 14th of this month. I have decided that after I turn 19 I'll dedicate the free time I have to learn Japanese. I am fully determined to do this and will not quite like I did back when I was 15. Now I just wanna know where do I start?
>I just wanted advice on any resources that are out there that can help me begin learning Japanese. Also, has anybody here ever tried the Pimsleur approach? I've heard good things about it. How about you guys?
Bump
>>
>>38893374
This books are pretty good.
My wife used them when she was teaching others Japanese.
>>
>>38894402
Had japanese class in high school for 3 years but my accent came naturally from watching A FUCKTON of gaki no tsukai, game center cx and kurosawa's movies. Same for english, got my accent by watching youtube and english movies
>>
File: 21_The_City_8.png (874KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
21_The_City_8.png
874KB, 1280x720px
>>38896453
>This books are pretty good.
>My wife used them when she was teaching others Japanese.
Thanks
>>
>>38892426
who shit in your sock this morning mate?
>>
>>38891859
Is that Tyler the Creator?
Originally
>>
>>38898561
Yep, y u ask?
>>
Their poses are just kind of awkward, aren't they?

Or, is there some meaning to those hand gestures?
>>
>>38898597

Just originally curious
>>
>>38898679
I think he had a tour there or something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyJivxN9dYY
>>
File: file.png (647KB, 599x561px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
647KB, 599x561px
nigga in OPs post dressed like pamperchu
>>
>>38898772
Yeah but Tyler looks good in it
>>
>>38891859
Do you you think Tyler prefers white boys or Japanese boys?
>>
>>38899442
He seems like he likes white bois but also fuggs cute kpop asian bois on the side.
>>
>>38891859
I will hope this ain't bait.

duolingo has a japanese course. finally. try that. it's kinda fun, I tried it, but then just felt lazy to repeat and train it. maybe you will do better.
>>
>>38899683
OP here. Why would you think this is bait? Also, thank for the recommendation.
>>
>>38899776
why bait?
because just too many people nowadays are learning japanese for the "I like anime so I need to know the language" meme. same with korean (because of k-pop). or just asian fever.

if you are legitimately trying to learn it - it's awesome. hope you'll be successful.
>>
>>38899960
Actually, I talked about this in the OP I used to do it for that reason, but now it's more to do with opening up more possibilities for finding jobs for when I'm older.
>>
>>38900030
>finding jobs when I'm older aka want i to learn Japanese so I can Talk to Japanese bitches on interpals

If you were really concerned about learning a language for work purposes you'd be learning Chinese or Spanish. Far more useful than Japanese.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.