[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here incapable of understanding math at even the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: brainlet.jpg (5KB, 166x249px) Image search: [Google]
brainlet.jpg
5KB, 166x249px
Anyone else here incapable of understanding math at even the most basic level

It takes me a while to think of basic addition and multiplication

I'm illiterate in math yet I can write and spell pretty well and have a great vocabulary

But math is something my brain just won't understand
>>
File: 1494092861919.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1494092861919.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>38890232
yeah but i chalk it down to my depression/anxiety. i pretty much stopped absorbing information once high school came around so i can't even do algebra. simple maths, sure. but it takes me more time than normal to figure out the answer
>>
>>38890279
>m-muh anxiety!!!1!1!!!
No, it's called being mentally retarded.
>>
File: 1501936913386.png (28KB, 601x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501936913386.png
28KB, 601x500px
>>38891079
>"why isn't everyone an autistic mathdrone like me? fucking retards. fucking imbeciles."
>>
>>38890232
No I am the complete opposite. My writing is very disorganized and lacks flow. The writing portion of the SAT really fucked up my score.
>>
I am pretty terrible with basic math. I couldn't even remember the times table. I do pretty good with high level math though, thanks to calculators.
>>
File: 1497581539362.jpg (309KB, 601x665px) Image search: [Google]
1497581539362.jpg
309KB, 601x665px
>>38890279
Chad here. I nailed the writing and math portion of the SATs. I work for the best company on the planet. I make complex algorithms and present it in front of customers, and write papers about it. Everyone can understand what I did because it's damn good.

I make NEETs my bitch, and keep betas in their place.
>>
>>38890279
>I can't do algebra
I'm so, so sorry. But how is that even possible? For example, are you saying you can't even figure this out?
>solve for value of x
>x+2 = 8-2
>>
File: 1500075538176.jpg (17KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1500075538176.jpg
17KB, 500x364px
WHY CAN'T I UNDERSTAND THINGS
>>
>>38890232
I can't do basic math at all but l'm good or above average at nearly everything else, god A's at everything else but Math in high school, it was the only thing that kept me from going to college

My lack of math skill was what ruined my life and doomed me forever. if I was born hundreds of years ago I would be a god among men.
>>
I thought I was alone
>good at math until highschool
>can do classwork no problem
>still fail all my tests
>absolute god in writing/reading for my age
>always 5 grades ahead of everyone
I think a lot of it is just all these walls I've built, and how I'm actually insane. I stopped understanding things in highschool and just started to phase out of life in general.
>>
>>38890232
i dunno man i used to be real eager and good at adding and dividing reading the clock in grade school then near the end at some point i was told that stupid children need to be asked for answers too shut the fuck up kid and from then to primary end i wasnt able to to any math at all didnt understand anything, forgot how to equation the second it was taught, for highschool i went to a trade school in a different city and honestly all pressure was gone math/physics/chemistry was easy so fucking easy, though i never got a grip on calculating in the head but it was ok since we could use calculators, heavent learnt multiplication table still, can fully probably only do 1x 2x and 4x. but that doesnt matter since the trade was bullshit and no real application been a neet for 3 years.
>>
>>38890232
Do you smoke weed or do any other drugs (alcohol included)? Does your diet include a lot of fresh vegetables and unprocessed meat and fish? Do you exercise frequently?

All of these things can contribute to poor working memory which is extremely important for mental arithmetic. I don't mean to belittle you, it is totally possible that you're just naturally not good at maths, but if it means something to you you can probably make your brain work a bit better by cleaning up your diet and lifestyle.
>>
Graduate mathematics student here

Try looking into other kinds of math, you might be really surprised by what's out there and what might click for you. Each kind of math has its own distinct way of thinking and problem solving, yet so many people say "I'm bad at math" like it's one coherent thing

If algebra doesn't feel nice to you, try reading about discrete mathematics like graph theory and combinatorics. I used to dislike calculus with a passion, but adored number theory, for example.

Give different areas of math a try. It's honestly the most satisfying thing you can spend your time reading about and doing. Don't let yourself miss out just because highschool left a bad taste in your mouth
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.