[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you guys do volunteer work?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1501983181985.png (782KB, 720x882px) Image search: [Google]
1501983181985.png
782KB, 720x882px
Do any of you guys do volunteer work?
>>
>>38889909
if they want my labour they pay me for it
no exceptions
>>
>>38889945
Its a good way to experience for your resume anon
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 250x237px
Lol, now that I think about it, I've NEVER heard a robot mention volunteering on my 2+ years of being on this board. Really gets the neurons working
>>
>>38889909
I want to, but rarely have the motivation to leave the house, let alone talk to people
>>
>>38889962
so's getting a paid job
>>
i volunteered for the las vegas obon festival yesterday.
it was fun
>>
I volunteered to put it on my CV to get into uni and then as soon as I found out I got accepted I immediately stopped.
>>
I've been volunteering on a mental health helpline for over a year now. Not out of the goodness of my heart, but because I need the experience if I want to study psychiatry as a graduate student.
>>
Yeah. Helped cook breakfast at a club for a few weeks. The guy I worked with ended up stealing from the club, so I didn't was to go there any more. I drink at home now.
>>
>>38889909
Is that the goddess Ciara?
>>
I usually volunteer for a lot of environmental stuff, tree planting and all that sort of stuff.

I didn't do it this year, I just don't have the motivation any more.
>>
Yes, I do volunteer work rehabilitating wildlife.
I feel a truly robotic connection to this job.

All my coworkers are extremely quiet, none of us ever talk to each other, not even a whisper, the place is always dead quiet. Probably because the sorts of people who spend their time on animals instead of humans on purpose for no pay are without exception some brand of social outcast.

And as for the work itself, I love how the animals are assholes, but only for good reasons.

I work exclusively with things like possums and pigeons, all the species nobody actually wants to exist anyway. Normal people hate them, and no matter how much you try to help them, they'll still see you as a threat. But only when you're being threatening. If you're chill, they'll just let you pick them up and stuff them in boxes, they don't struggle. They're not happy, you can tell they still hate you, but they don't care enough to do anything about it.

I really empathize with that.
>>
>>38890626
Do these places let anyone volunteer or do they expect you to have some relevant education?
>>
legal aid
>>
>>38889909
I volunteered in a warehouse for about 3 years. It was pretty okay - kept me fit, and I got lots of free food (short-dated items that we couldn't give out to charities).

I'm too lazy to do volunteer work now though. I just sit at home and shitpost.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 612x1087px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 612x1087px
Weird, i feel like i know that qtie from somewhere
>>
I tried to offer to do volunteer work with my degree, but I was told I didn't have enough experience to work for free.
>>
>>38889909

Used to do, only to stay away from parents and meet girls, possibly escalating to dating.

Stopped when I found that every girl was already dating, and every fuckin' female expected we dudes to do all of the work.
>>
>>38889909
I really want to volunteer at someone related with nature.
Something like help animals or pick trash in parks.
>>
>>38889909

I volunteer at a local community thing. Usually moving things around. It's something to do whilst NEETing it up so I stand a chance of actually returning to employment at some point and not being left to die in the street. It's not like I have anything better to do, so I figure I may as well.
>>
>>38891469
Literally just get a big bag and go to your local park/beach/street and pick up trash, you don't need to go into some program
>>
>>38890378
In our defense it's not something that would ever come up.
>>
>>38891683
I litarally did this while on a trip to the beach last week.
But during meditation i realized i'm not doing enough to help the planet .
I might begin to do what you say on the local parks.
>>
>>38891349
>qtie
>cutieie
Anon you're fucking dumb
>>
>>38891747
He meant to say qte or quick time event, because she's a whore.
>>
>>38891764
Do you have a problem with sluts, anon? They're God's gift to men afterall.
>>
>>38891799
if it weren't for sluts who would give you a disappointing sloppy blowjob, the gays?
>>
>>38891835
In my experience the only girls who give disappointing head are the non-sluts. Sluts know how to suck a cock dry
>>
What a whore, doesn't she have enough money saved up by stealing sad beta male money?
I can't wait till someone actually scary actually decides to fuck her up and goes to her house to harm her.
That'd be so funny.
>>
>>38889909
i tried a bunch of times but i usually got the feeling that i wasnt wanted so i dont do it anymore
>>
>>38892037
>What a whore, doesn't she have enough money saved up by stealing sad beta male money?

Can't save money if you blow it all on drugs.
>>
>>38890378
Maybe they don't mention it here, but there are some robots almost in every volunteer place, unless it is only about talking to the customers. There are always some weird kids who volunteer only because they don't have any friends and don't know what to talk about anyway, unless there is a common work or topic.
>>
I've considered it but ultimately decided not to because I don't have enough time on my hands and have no skills to offer.
>>
>>38889909
I feed stray cats. About 35 of them. I can't give them a home but at least I can buy food. Does it counts?
>>
>>38893156
hope they still go for rats
>>
do ciara's co-workers realize they're volunteering with a drugged-up sociopath?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.