[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hikikomori: A story

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: NotTooLatejpg.jpg (59KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
NotTooLatejpg.jpg
59KB, 704x396px
I was a shut-in during year and a half. I am writing a story about it, depression, social anxiety, and related topics to raise awareness. It's an issue that is ignored, but has a large impact in society (just look at our board).

Besides watching pic related and basing in my own experience, I would like to ask you about yours. Please, feel free to share or make suggestions.
>>
I bet you're a turbo-normalfag and your story will be shit.
>>
File: 1479207568352.jpg (60KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1479207568352.jpg
60KB, 500x495px
>>38885424
>he thinks 1.5 years as a shut-in is enough to know the true despair a robot can experience
>he thinks welcome to the nhk is in anyway representative of an actual NEET's life
>>
>>38885734
>turbo-normalfag
I wouldn't be in /r9k/ if that was the case.

>>38885806
I'm sorry my resume isn't impressive enough for you, but that's the exact reason I'm asking you. And I'm interested in shut-ins specifically, not NEETs as a whole.

Share your experiences, if you feel like it.
>>
I've been a shutin for ten years now. What is it you want to know?
>>
>>38886189
Everything.

How do you feel on a day to day basis.
Your current circumstances.
How everything began.
Your reflections about your situation.
Your hopes for the future.
Anything that crosses your mind.
>>
>>38885806
I mean, the original book was written by a complete NEET
>>
>>38886861
That's good to know. I'll watch it then, unless you have a better suggestion.
>>
>>38886488
>How do you feel on a day to day basis.
I don't think about it much, it's just what my life is now. Every day I wake up and endeavour to do something productive with at least one of my sixteen hours, only very occasionally do I go through with it. Sometimes I feel really shitty about the fact that I've wasted and continue to waste the best years of my life, if only I had spent one or two hours a day on some project I would have created something useful by now, and I wouldn't have to feel like a worthless leech failure. But other than that the days and weeks just blend into eachother. I spend most of my time browsing 4chan, sometimes playing video games. Rarely watching a film or anime, very rarely reading.
>Your current circumstances.
NEET, live with parents, haven't had a friend in years, haven't gone out in public in over two years, never had a job. Will probably never get a job in my whole life, would sooner go homeless honestly.
>How everything began.
Left school at 16 and then did nothing.
>Your reflections about your situation.
As much as the shutin life sucks, I still couldn't imagine wageslaving. I find it exhausting enough just to remember to shower every other day. How normalfags manage to go through 8-10 hours of scheduled stress every day I have no idea.
>Your hopes for the future.
I have no wish to re-enter society, even if they wouldn't reject me if I tried. I'll continue to live like this forever. My only goals in life are to find a nice like-minded girlfriend who lives like I do to spend the rest of my life with (or at least one who doesn't mind that I live like this), and to move out and live somewhere more remote, so I can start going on walks outside regularly without coming across other people. I still think I could do both of these things by the time I'm age 40-50.

My life is pretty boring honestly, I don't know what I hoped to contribute by replying to this thread.
>>
>>38887042
You have contributed greatly. I can identify with what you say.

Have you ever thought about talking with a doctor of your situation?
>I find it exhausting enough just to remember to shower every other day.
I was there too. In my case it was a consequence of being depressed.

What are your thoughts on depression? What's your opinion on therapy and medication?
>>
>>38887295
Dude, what's with this formality?

Depression, social anxiety, """"related topic"""" aren't handled logically and impartially in the brain.

You gotta change the way you go about this, formality is bad, unless your """""story""""" is a research report.
>>
>>38887534
I just try to be polite. I'm aware of the lack of logic surrounding a fucked up mental state, but I don't want to give the impression that I don't take it seriously. Specially when I have experienced it myself.
>>
>>38886136
>>38886488
>>38886917
>>38887295
So what, you are just a normalfag intruding in our board for some story material? Let me guess, its a college report. I can tell you one thing faggot, its that Neets hate normies like you, and is because of normies that we repulse from society. Also fuck your reddit spacing, get terminal cancer
>>
>>38887853
I left college over a year ago. As I said, I also was a shut-in for a time and I just wanted to know about other people's experiences.

>reddit spacing
Is that what people call paragraphs now?
>>
you're all a bunch of fucking jabronies
>>
File: 213123.png (150KB, 198x328px) Image search: [Google]
213123.png
150KB, 198x328px
When i order new things online im always scared of talking to the delivery guy ;(
>>
>>38889627
no tears, onlie dreams now
>>
>>38889627
I secretly hope it's a girl every time.
>>
OP here. Still around for anyone who wants to share his two cents.

I'm sorry if I bothered anyone.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.