[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Congrats anon, you won a lottery jackpot worth $20 million!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: falling-dollars-lotto-winner.jpg (86KB, 1836x1032px) Image search: [Google]
falling-dollars-lotto-winner.jpg
86KB, 1836x1032px
How is your life going to change? (Living situation, lifestyle, personality, relationships w/ family or friends)

Bonus question: How are you going to ensure that you do not blow the winnings and end up back in your current situation?
>>
Give my parents 2 mil, let them decide whether to support my autisy NEET brother, then go off to live by myself in a cabin by a lake, river or sea. 18mil is more than enough to last my entire, predictably rather short life.
>>
>>38871577
>pay my parents back for schooling
>pay for my cousins engineering degree (his parents both died)
>buy nice clothes, braces, and jaw surgery
>continue my medical education
>>
Like one of the big ones? You'd walk away with $150m.

I would put $20m into starting a charitable trust for promoting research in nursing. Another $20m into scholarships for poor kids to go to good schools. $10m into buying a large old Victorian house in my city here in the US and restoring it, then using it as a runaway house for NEET kids to stay when their parents find the piss bottles and are sick of the house smelling like jizz and get them out, and a social worker to help them get NEETbux and learn life skills.

The rest of it I give to a money manager and I get put on an allowance and stay NEET in a big house, and... Guess what... Get fucking stoned OUT OF MY MIND on... WEED! Smoke weed every day! Get stoned! I'm high as FUCK right now holy shit tutti fruition I'm in a fucking high ass condition! Man you gotta get high and jack off! Wahahaahahhahahaha you faggots!
>>
File: wojak1.jpg (81KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
wojak1.jpg
81KB, 645x773px
>>38871577
>tfw no amount of money will stop me from dwelling on stupid mundane shit from the past
>>
>>38871577
Save it all and disappear.

The bank will pay me to live in my van now. due to interest. Don't need much to live in the van too.

But I'd take one mil in case someone robbed me somehow, because one mil is more than I'll be worth for the rest of my life anyway.

You rich kids always aim so high it's never an interesting conversation. Everyone would put it in the bank to live on interest when it gets that high.
>>
>Assume that tax man is taking a third of it outright, leaving about $13M
>Buy nice house, car, computer, etc with $1M
>Appease friends and family with $2M worth of stuff
>Live a $100,000/yr lifestyle while spending $150,000/yr on hookers until I die after 40 years
>>
>>38871577
move to india
lots of servants
live like an emperor on my farm
>>
I would just keep the money in my bank account without spending too much. I'd be financially independent, which basically means I can get anything whenever I want to.

I could go to any country in the world, whenever I feel like it. I could buy whatever I want, whenever I feel like. I wouldn't tell friends and such that I was rich, because I wouldn't want people thinking of me differently just because I'm filthy rich. I just want them to see me as an average human being, just like them.

I'll be free to do absolutely anything. That amount of money shouldn't be spent in one go. I'll keep it and live off of it, while spending the money on anything I really want at the time. I doubt I'll run out. I usually don't buy unnesesary things.

The only thing I won't able to buy is love...

*sigh*
>>
>>38871577
>$20 000 000
>im 20 year old, lets say ill die at around 80, so ill live 60 years
>$333 333 dollars for a year/ $27 775 a month
>right now, my wage is around $900 a month, and im living nicely (eastern yurop, i think thats around the average pay here)
Well, i like the house im living in, i dont like going on vacations , and i spend my extra money mostly on guns and pc stuff, so i think im okay
>tldr: fuck investing
>>
>>38871743
>asked a hypothetical question about how you'd spend 20 million
>"oh but you'd actually win 150 million so I'll answer that"
Autism
>>
God I need the lottery just some money like 1 million to fix my life.
>>
>>38873747
>both powerball and mega are at 300+ million
>enforces sticking to the hypothetical 20m topic
Actual retardation
>>
I've always hated spending money. It took me a month to convince myself to replace my 2007 era computer a year ago and that was only $1200. Most likely, here's what I would do:
>give parents 1m each (mother and father, they divorced in 2012 and mother remarried in 2014) so they can retire early and get a nice house.
>put about 200k into a college fund for myself and my sister each, for the sake of financial leniency and comfort
>take some of it and get into investing on the stock market. Granddad always wanted me to, I was too frugal.
>put away 2m in retirement fund, 3m in separate fund for general use
No clue what I would do with the rest. Perhaps I'd buy a ton of stocks in CDPR, make them hide a swarm of bad puns in their next games.
>>
I'd probably buy a new motorcycle, some more nice guns, and then leave the rest in the bank for a while.
>>
Give 1m to each of my parents, my sisters and my niece and use the rest to finance a regal lifestyle in my country of Serbia.

Such s lifestyle will include a large comfy apartment with a mini music studio and a battlestation that would make /g/ cream their pants.

I'd also buy some Recreational McWeapons to fuck around with and a decent car to drive while listening to Opeth.
>>
It's not going to change at all.
>>
Pay off my parents' mortgage on our house. After that, I go straight to my bank and ask them what the hell I should do to ensure I stay rich, using 10 million of the remaining ~19.9m (?). They've got people whose job is telling you that, right? The rest of the money I'll save up in a low-risk way. After I got enough passive income with investments or a high-interest account, I'd rent a small house or apartment, or maybe go on a bike trip to the other end of Europe. The possibilities would be endless, without having to worry about surviving or obeying my parents I could do fucking anything. Maybe start a business, mooching off EU grants for young enterpreneurs in addition to my own money - I wonder why fast food hasn't been automated yet. Some sort of charity that reaches out to imageboard users and helps them with getting a job? I guess I'd try and live a life as normal as possible for the hikki-ish spergy fuckup I am, get an education and all, and hide my wealth from the people around me. Especially my close friends, though I'd try to help one or two out secretly since he's got a pretty impoverished life and I still owe him like ten bucks, and the other's family is so poor that they'd saved up for a trip to Egypt all their lives and the travel agency went bankrupt a week before they were going there. Maybe rig a lottery for them. I could eventually end up spending a lot on booze or whores, but hopefully step 1 of my plan would prevent me from blowing everything.
>>
>>38871577
>use 1 million to pay off my family's debts
>use 2 million to buy a few properties in different location, and build houses on them
>use a bit more to buy a good car, decent computer, other small stuff, etc.
>put 2 million away to live off of, just in case I do something stupid
>use the rest to start up some businesses
>maybe a small video game development company that I'd be in charge of, and a real estate business that my parents would run, since they do that now, except under someone else
>>
I'd give 5 mill to my dad and then fuck off forever and live as a hermit on some remote island.
>>
Buy my parents their dream house
Pay for private education for my nieces and nephews
Move to the US (texas maybe), buy a house and try for a citizenship
If i do get granted citizenship, buy a shitload of guns that i always wanted to owning (from the UK)
>>
>>38875131
Also, my dad always wanted to have series 1 Jag E-type, so that as well
>>
>>38871577
>buy a humble but nice house and a few acres
>plant a big garden
>live simple, comfy life
>>
File: 1483299776478.jpg (41KB, 404x594px) Image search: [Google]
1483299776478.jpg
41KB, 404x594px
>>38874802
>asking the bank to protect the money of a clueless lottery winner
>>
>>38871577
>Give my parents $5 million
>Same for my brother
>Pay off student loans
>Buy house
>Probably buy two - one to live in, one to rent
>Invest some
>Blow some on video games
>Live like a hermit
>>
I see a lot of carefree posts about just giving your parents one or two million or buying them a big house or car.
Do you have so much faith in your parents or have you just never seen the destructive power of money in action?
>>
>all of these people that wouldn't invest it
you could be earning like 1-2 million a year for free.
>>
i would probably put it in vanguard's tax-managed balanced fund
>>
>>38871577
Fuck man
>Give some to parents
>Take a bartending class
>Buy a bar in Switzerland
>Live comfy ever after.
>>
>>38871577

> Immediately hire a financial lawyer in order to claim money anonymously.

> Give some hard amounts to closest friends/family to get them out of any trouble they're in/not have to worry about paycheck to paycheck.

> Put that shit in da bank and move to a sky town in VT/NH, live off the interest and never work.

Comfy days spent working on passion projects, walking in the woods for some of the year, plenty of action going on the other part of the year.
>>
>>38876504

Ski town*
>>
>>38871577
>pay off all my university debt
>save the rest in the bank
>do literally nothing else extra with it
Only retards would waste a huge sum of money on frivolous spending. If I saved it and continued under the same living conditions I am in currently, using it only for large debts and occasional small treats, I would be financially safe and out of debt for years upon years to come.
>>
I will pay off my one friends medical bills and school debt.

Then I will visit him and hang out.

That's all I wish for. I don't think I'd live more luxuriously or spend the money.

Oh and I'd buy zbrush I guess.
>>
>>38871577

As a kid, I used to make fun of my mom for the waste of money lottery was, now I buy a ticket every week and the most positive moment of my week is the split second before the page telling me I won nothing (what a surprise) loads when I go check the results and think my shit life might be over without having to kill myself.

I'd give my parents $2M and $1M each to my sisters. I would also keep a $2m reserve as my "spend on dumb shit" money and put the remaining 15m in the usual diversified boring investments leading to an easy six figure income forever (1% of 15m is $150 000 so I will easily live within that and put all returns above base expenses back in).

I would probably build a small cozy house in my hometown and buy some cheap loft condo in the city so I have a place of my own there if/when I want to go see or do something there.

I don't have friends and no relationship with anyone outside my parents and sisters (and even then barely) so my life would be mostly the same, just without the need to work . I would spend the days in my house dicking on the internet and gaming a little. I'm sure I would also have to make it known to my extended family that they're never getting a penny and should fuck off and never talk to me again. I guess I'd buy cool guns and occasionally fuck hookers with my extra money.

I would use money to be a recluse and never have to work again and deal with as few people as possible.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.