[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Driving a car

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Do you have the license? How is your driving skill, do you drive often? Were you close to causing someone pain or even death? How many times have you went to the exam before you passed it? Do you feel like you are too much of an airhead to be a driver and you're a threat to everyone including yourself?
>>
I've had a license since I was 16. I'm a pretty terrible driver, I get really aggressive and tailget people and cut them off and shit. I have to drive every day since I live in a shitty suburb. The exam was easy as fuck, passed on the first try. I don't know anyone who actually had to take it more than once. I've never been in a serious accident, just a few fender benders.
>>
>>38868915
Driving since 16 (6 years ago), took my test three times

I've only been in one accident and it was the other ladies fault entirely but I was stupid and admitted to having headphones in at the time
Tons of close-calls but its to be expected

Fuck my car though, the head gasket blew and now it melts on the highway
>>
>>38868915
If you are 20+ without a driving license you fucked up.
>>
>>38868915
Driving legally since 22. Pretty above average driver in my opinion. Can drive stick, and haven't been in any accidents. Work for a dealership in the photo dept. and driving as many cars as I do in the packed lots and constantly having to back park in the tiny fucking spaces they have at most of the dealers has only made me better I think.
>>
>>38869430
everything in life is fucking me over, what's one more thing?
>>
>>38869323
Are you American by chance? Your exams seem SO much easier, it's like driving forwad and making a curve to exaggerate it.
I don't think it's bad at all because you get earlier opportunity to learn how to drive in real world.
>>
>>38869450
>everything in life is fucking me over
Like what?
>>
I've driven about 50k kilometers since 18, 5 years. I think my skill is okay, style might not be the best. I haven't had many close calls, but I tend to tailgate before doing an overtake and I overtake a lot, if someone were to slam on the brakes at a bad time I could well end up rear-ending them; trying to get out of the habit with moderate success.
I had to take the test twice, but I didn't fail on the car part, I was also doing motorcycle and I slipped on mud on the practice track.
>>
>>38869472
do i really need to list everything and turn this into a pity committee? just give someone the benefit of the doubt once in your miserable life.
>>
>>38869500
You don't have to, but I'm interested.

How exactly is life "fucking you over"?

I ain't about to start feeling pity for a stranger on the internet, just curious.
>>
>>38869544
i just found out i'm a schizoid. was abused when i was younger, ex-communicated by Jehovah Witness family, bastard colored child, etc, etc.
>>
>>38868915
I have had a license since I was 16 (21). I currently drive a stick. MY driving skills are good. Most everyone else is shit and is constantly trying to kill me. If I was as bad as they are, I probably would be dead (not like I care)
>>
>>38869567
What country are you from?
Unless you have something like epilepsy you should still be able to get your license.
>>
>>38869586
is there some reason i need it or? i have a job and go to school without one, so...
>>
>>38869616
Why make the thread then? I assumed that you'd noticed that it's a pain living life without the freedom of owning a car to bother making a thread about it.
I would expect there will come a point in your life where everything you need isn't within a nice convenient 10 minute walk. And public transport is a shit.
>>
>>38869640
>somehow I'm the OP now
not if i frame my life around public transit or just never move because i can't afford it.
you're grasping at straws here and it's embarrassing.
>>
>>38868915
Is it true most people in America can't drive a manual? I've only driven an automatic once and hated it, it felt really effeminate and gay
>>
>>38869576
>Most everyone else is shit and is constantly trying to kill me. If I was as bad as they are, I probably would be dead (not like I care)

Keep in mind that this is what everyone else thinks too.

People have forgotten the entire point of all those fancy switches and knobs like turn signals, headlights, etc, are there FOR OTHER DRIVERS, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

If you're driving and not "defensively" driving, you shouldn't be driving. Your only job besides getting from point A to B (provided we are taking about driving regular cars and trucks, not racing, off roading, etc) is to be as PREDICTABLE AS POSSIBLE FOR THE OTHER DRIVERS. Turning on your turn signal (if you even bother) and then NOT LOOKING BEFORE CHANGING GODDAMN LANES YOU STUPID FUCKING SOCCER CUNT I HOPE YOUR KIDS DIE defeats the purpose. It's not a "my signal is on, I have automatic right of way," it is "my signal is on to let others know I will go, ONLY WHEN IT IS CLEAR FOR ME TO DO SO."

Fuck I hate people.

That's it. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>38869704
Yes, absolutely true. My dad taught me to drive stick, when I was 16 (22 now) I wasn't even taught in Driver's Ed that there are two kinds of fucking cars.

Driver's Ed here in America is literally "this is the material on the written test, pass it, and use your OTR experience to pass the driving portion, cuz we can't actually let you guys practice driving, you know, cuz insurance and stuff."
>>
Yes
Terrible, I drive better when I'm alone, and I sweat a lot.
My own.
I passed the second time I took it.
Very often.
>>
>>38869704
It's true. A man got shot because the car thieves didn't know how to drive stick. I'm not a car person, so I welcome automatic transmission.
>>
>Do you have the license?
Yes
>How is your driving skill, do you drive often?
I consider myself an incredibly safe and competent driver. Drive for at least an hour and a half every single day.
>Were you close to causing someone pain or even death?
Back before my bipolar disorder was medicated, I drove while manic. Coming off of the highway and right after a light, I turned out into the main road and hadn't realized the bus in front of me was coming to a stop. Rear-ended a bus full of people. Only accident I've been in that was my fault- I was only going maybe 5MPH so no on was hurt, but that shit could have been catastrophic if the light wasn't there. Needless to say I've had my shit under control for years since then and drive as safely as possible now.
>How many times have you went to the exam before you passed it?
Passed it on the first try.
>Do you feel like you are too much of an airhead to be a driver and you're a threat to everyone including yourself?
Fuck no, I drive extremely conservatively and defensively. If anything I'm terrified of the retards who change lanes without signaling, text while driving, ignore street signs, take their hands off the wheel, speed, and all that other retarded shit. It baffles me that people take such stupid risks when driving is so dangerous already.
>>
File: 1437390361529.jpg (63KB, 623x734px) Image search: [Google]
1437390361529.jpg
63KB, 623x734px
Learned to drive at 12 on a country road because grandpa didn't give a fuck about the law. Got my license pretty late because I actually didn't need it at the time. I still suck at parking but I'd say I'm pretty decent at the driving part, I seem to always instinctively know the optimal lines, speed and spacing everywhere without even thinking about it.

The only accident I've ever been in was somebody hidden behind two busy lanes who ran a red light at plowed into my door, there's absolutely nothing I could've done to prevent it. I get a little bit of anxiety sometimes for no particular reason but it's controllable.
>>
>>38869821
This is a good thing, if you think about it. Driving better alone just means you have some self confidence issues and worry about how other people perceive your actions, so you hesitate at the wheel trying to decide, or you think too quickly, in order to try and appease something you think they think.

Anyway, the best possible thing you can do when driving is realize that you ARE a threat to everyone around you, even if you've been driving for 40 years, and have never had an accident nor a ticket. That's the name of the game when you're piloting a multi-thousand pound giant metal object.

I've only been driving for a few years, so I really haven't got shit to say, but if you're scared, you're careful, and if you're careful, you're safer than at LEAST 60% of the other mongoloids on the road.
>>
>>38869758
I had to practice 20 hours with an instructor before I could get my license pre 18.
>>
>>38869886
> I'm pretty decent at the driving part, I seem to always instinctively know the optimal lines, speed and spacing everywhere

>still can't park even when he can clearly conceptualize how much space his vehicle is taking up versus what is around him

The fuck is wrong with you, man?
>>
>>38869921
I don't know, it's weird.
I guess maybe it's because I played so many racing games since I was a kid so the parking part was basically nonexistent.
>>
>>38869941
Don't you dare blame video games on this, next thing you know GTA V is taking the heat because I shot my neighbor.

Stop it, stop it now, before you repeat this out loud.
>>
>>38869323
You sound like a really shitty driver
>>
>>38869972
He is. He tailgates over some "wrong" the other driver committed when nine times out of ten they didn't even know they cut him off or whatever.

What he doesn't realize is that he now has to drive through the windshield of the car in front of him in order to account for proper braking time if needed. Hence his few "fender benders". The guy is an idiot.
>>
File: 1501766470599.jpg (16KB, 290x240px) Image search: [Google]
1501766470599.jpg
16KB, 290x240px
>>38868915
>Do you have the license?
yes

>How is your driving skill, do you drive often?
pretty good id say. i dont drive that often because i ride a motorcycle but i have good risk assessment and self control when it comes to where i speed

>Were you close to causing someone pain or even death?
no and i understand that driving is a big responsibility and treat it accordingly

>How many times have you went to the exam before you passed it?
twice. failed the hill start in the yard. almost failed it the second time but i quickly started the car and did it without rolling back. passed the road test with no issues

>Do you feel like you are too much of an airhead to be a driver and you're a threat to everyone including yourself?
i worry about my anxiety but i think i manage well enough
>>
>>38868915
Had my driver's license since I was 18, you can get it here from when you're 18. I'm a good driver, safe most of the time but fast when needed. Also did some track days which was pretty fun and I was one of the fastest there too. Never been in an accident or had a speed ticket. Failed my exam twice though, shitty examinators where I live. Can't afford a car yet but don't really care, public transport is free for me and takes me everywhere I need to be.
>>
>yes
>im no pro
>define often, i drive sporadically
>no unless i pissed someone off so much it caused them physical pain
>needed two tries
>no
>>
>>38868915
Passed on the second try, everyone was complimenting me on being a safe driver.

I'm redlining my fuckhuge car just about everytime I drive, and can only remember a few instances of going under the speed limit. It's just extremely fucking fun, and at the moment, I'm not depending on my license
>>
Im trying to get my drive license. Here the age is 18 and the price is expansive but i have they money. Maybe in october i will have my DL.
>>
File: 20151013_184110.jpg (247KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
20151013_184110.jpg
247KB, 1000x563px
>>38868915
Do you have the license?
>28yo european
>125cc 11kw bike licence since 16
>car licence since 19
>expanded bike licence to unlimited at 22

How is your driving skill, do you drive often?
>ride/drive everyday
>car mostly as a commuter to the work
>i can park, reverse, so far i've driven manuals only

>motorcycle recreationally
>can wheelie, kneedrag, have some racetrack experience

Were you close to causing someone pain or even death?
>no, i was the victim. pic related.

How many times have you went to the exam before you passed it?
>all done at first try

Do you feel like you are too much of an airhead to be a driver and you're a threat to everyone including yourself?
>not really
>except on bike
>didn't bought bike to adhere the speed limits and traffic rules, r-right?

i didn't break any rules when that accident happen, confirmed by a police and court investigations
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.