[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trouble sleeping

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 1501886631803.jpg (54KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501886631803.jpg
54KB, 900x900px
i can only fall asleep when i'm dead tired because if i lie in bed with my eyes closed every depressing thought possible comes into my mind.

anyone else have this issue?
>>
>>38864635
I doesn't halt mt sleep but it sure as hell delays it
>>
It's gotten much worse through the years
>>
>>38864635
I listen to Nujabes to help me sleep, I also leave the tv on because it drowns out the bad thoughts
>>
File: 1495699450906.jpg (46KB, 344x294px)
1495699450906.jpg
46KB, 344x294px
>>38864635
Yeah same here. Weed helps.
also rainymood and jhfly
>>
>>38864722
Awesome...

original oregano
>>
>>38864722
same 2bh

I can't even concentrate on anything
>>
Yes, I had terrible night terrors and had a fear of the dark until a couple years ago. If I'm just lying in the bed alone I see gray aliens and that shit scares the fuck out of me. I have to go to sleep watching something or listening to white noise.
>>
OP again.

since it seems like most robots have this issue, anyone feel like they're legit losing their minds?

I don't know if it's the weed or depression... or both, but I feel like I'm really losing it.
>>
File: 1385187501855.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1385187501855.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
I have the opposite problem. I start getting tired earlier than I should and I sleep through alarms and sometimes can pass out for over 12 hours. I went to bed one day at 10 pm, set an alarm, expected to wake up at 8 or most likely earlier (that's already 10 hours of sleep) and I woke up at fucking noon. That was a completely normal day where I didn't stay up late or anything. Don't know how I'll hold a job like this, I can't hold a sleeping schedule to save my life.
>>
>>38864835
That sounds awful.

Fucking original, pasta
>>
>>38864852
I don't think it's as bad as not being able to sleep, they both leave you non functional but you don't have to be awake for all that wasted time when you're oversleeping, it's like a shortcut.
>>
>>38864888
Yea that's true... they both just suck.

Either you can't wake up when you want or you can't sleep when you want.
>>
>>38864635
I'm having the same problem right now, it's 2:55 for me.
>>
>>38864635
Yasssss this is me af
>>
File: 1488332384571.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1488332384571.png
1MB, 1280x720px
I let other things control my schedule and its not good. I have a friend I love talking to that I'll stay awake until 4am for in case they message me. Or I'll get distracted and stay up into the early hours for no good reason.

Currently I'm trying to stay awake until tonight. I took two naps today and it messed me up. I wish I had a friend or someone to hold me to a sleep schedule, like they'd tell me to go to bed or something, since I struggle with it
>>
>>38864635
I had that too when I was stressed out after I had to leave the university to take care for my mom that was dying of lung cancer. She died on Mother's Day last year. From then on, my alcoholic father returned to live with me at our home. He learned nothing at all, so it was the worst year of my life - beatings with a hammer, shit like that. Every day there was something terrible happening, until I decided enough is enough and left home. Contacted social services and was able to find a place to stay.
Now I have a nice job, I'm returning to the uni this autumn and I'm... free. Again I can look forward to the next day, instead of being afraid of it coming. No more sleep problems.

For short-term insomnia management, you could try Xanax (benzos in general), zolpidem (Z-drugs in general), trazodone or the various TeCAs like mirtazapine. For long term, you must realize the source of those depressing thoughts - what leads to them. Then, work to change your situation.
>>
The is this podcast called "sleep with me".
It's just this guy talking nonsense. Knocks me out in 15 min.
>>
>>38864635
hi anon.
ever since reading a particular post on a particular board in december, the hours i sleep have been cut in half. ive gone form being able to sleep 8~ hours in a setting like a normal person to 4~ hours asleep at most until I wake up and have to force myself back to sleep.

it got worse 2 weeks ago, when bladder issues reduced those 4 hours of sleep to 30 fucking minutes because i would have to piss within the hour. would lay in bed for hours only to sort of half fall asleep in 30 minute spurts.

before even that though, since december, every single night barring ones where i pop a xanax, i lay in bed for hours unable to fall asleep. 3-4~ hours in i lose consciousness but it doesn't feel like the sleep has registered to my POV. i don't wake up feeling like i've slept.

it feels like i've been dead awake since decemeber of last year. my brains bleached and i dont know much longer i can go on feeling so subhuman
>>
>>38864635
my dreams are fucked too and every horrible thought imaginable also comes rushign to my head

sleep used to specifically be "safe" time for me
id wake up feeling refreshed, "reset"
i could take the "not participating in life" aspect of it and liken it as close to death as i could get and it'd bring me comfort

i would get rest.
rest, my god. i crave it so much now. mental rest. physical rest. both of it. my brain can't settle anymore.
sleeping doesn't feel like it's sleep because it now lacks everything that made it feel like sleep to me.
it is no more than a biological process i go through now that brings me more pain than relief now

and i dont know what ot do
>>
>>38864828
I know what you mean, OP. When I try to sleep, my mind just starts drifting and thinking of all kinds of bad and self-hate stuff. Also feel really weird when I'm not trying to sleep, I have a feeling that life seems unreal sometimes idk how to explain it.
>>
>>38864635
Yes, constantly. Either that or anxiety. After that comes anger that you should've been already getting sleep and it's getting closer to sunrise. With every minute this anger builds up to the point of wantong to beat someone to a pulp while at the same time you become less sleepy.
>>
Try some relaxing asmr video, they really helped me out and my sleep has gotten a whole lot better since I started listening to them.
You can focus on the voices or sounds instead of your own thoughts.
>>
>>38864635
You have to speak them otherwise your inner monologue just gets Louder and louder
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.