[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Books robots have read and liked. Just finished this one,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: 1q84.jpg (36KB, 270x360px) Image search: [Google]
1q84.jpg
36KB, 270x360px
ITT: Books robots have read and liked. Just finished this one, need some more to read (I read on the train). I'm thinking of picking up "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World" by the same author.
>>
>>38861905
Is this the book praised because it had a handjob in it?
>>
>>38861905
Heyyy, Murakami is one of my favorite writers.
Wind-Up Bird is probably my favorite novel by him.
Just finished Dance Dance Dance and it was pretty good too. Very robot character for sure.
>>
>>38862158
All his books have comfy sex in them.
>>
>>38861905
His magnum opus fell kind of flat. It was really just above average in context of his other works.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles is fantastic though.

I really hope he writes something that tops IQ84. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't really solidly good for what was supposed to be his peak.
>>
>>38862158
I was kinda shocked by how much sexypoo it has. I mean the book starts off with a man, not Tengo's father, sucking on a titty and goes on to include like 5 graphic sex scenes. Kinda wish they would make a movie out of it.
>>
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World is his best book.
That feel when you realize what living without a shadow, without a past, means
>>
File: Crimeandpunishmentcover.png (167KB, 255x391px) Image search: [Google]
Crimeandpunishmentcover.png
167KB, 255x391px
was raskolnikov the original robot??
>>
>>38861905
Can any smart anons explain the symbolism of the mazza and dota to me? Is it more than essence/shadow?

Also, do the moons represent anything in particular?

Thanks,
t. brainlet
>>
>>38861905

read the gutenberg edition, prepare for an unforgettable time
>>
File: twocovers-copy-1-700x538.jpg (137KB, 700x538px) Image search: [Google]
twocovers-copy-1-700x538.jpg
137KB, 700x538px
great robot book
>>
>>38862625
If you don't understand without an explaintion, you won't understand with one.
>>
>>38862625
Mazza, Dota? I don't remember those terms, was this in the English version..
>>
File: 5071091_1_l.jpg (73KB, 600x866px) Image search: [Google]
5071091_1_l.jpg
73KB, 600x866px
It's sort of about a robot who gets brain surgery to become a normie and then degrades back into a robot. But not really.
>>
>>38861905
Recently read After Dark by him. It wasn't too long and it was pretty comfy. The ending was a little abrupt and he left a lot of questions unanswered but I felt like that fit with the narrative. Anyways, I really dig Murakami too. All of his books are just so fucking comfy, the prose is fairly simple but it paints really strong visuals so you quickly flow from page to page with all this vivid imagery in your head.

The first book I read by him was "A Wild Sheep Chase" which was also really weird and comfy. Has anyone else read it? I heard it was part of a longer series and it'd make more sense if I read the others.
>>
File: The_Tartar_Steppe_cover.jpg (107KB, 300x439px) Image search: [Google]
The_Tartar_Steppe_cover.jpg
107KB, 300x439px
>>38861905
This one is a favorite of mine. For people who want to avoid spoilers, its main themes are isolation and the human desire to find nonexistent meaning in life. Anything and everything by Yukio Mishima and Cormac McCarthy is also worth reading, imo.

Here's a spoiler-filled description of the book's plot.

The plot of the novel is Drogo's lifelong wait for a great war in which his life and the existence of the fort can prove its usefulness. The human need for giving life meaning and the soldier's desire for glory are themes in the novel. Drogo is posted to the remote outpost overlooking a desolate Tartar desert; he spends his career waiting for the barbarian horde rumored to live beyond the desert. Without noticing, Drogo finds that in his watch over the fort he has let years and decades pass and that, while his old friends in the city have had children, married, and lived full lives, he has come away with nothing except solidarity with his fellow soldiers in their long, patient vigil. When the attack by the Tartars finally arrives, Drogo gets ill and the new chieftain of the fortress dismisses him. Drogo, on his way back home, dies lonely in an inn.
>>
>>38862810
After dark is the most 'light' of his novels that zi have read, it was okay
>>
>>38861905

My all time favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye. You gotta give it a chance.
>>
>>38862950
Fuck off you phony, that book was terriable
>>
>>38862871
Yeah it's a real quick read and it isn't as good as his other work, I still dig it for what it is tho.
>>
File: neuromancerfront.jpg (103KB, 607x1022px) Image search: [Google]
neuromancerfront.jpg
103KB, 607x1022px
>>38861905
original comment goes here
>that wasn't original enough so here's more originality
>>
File: fear-loathing.jpg (66KB, 350x531px) Image search: [Google]
fear-loathing.jpg
66KB, 350x531px
>>38861905
an original comment from the anon is your reward
>>
>>38861905
That book was a pile of shit.

7000 chapters of nothing but some lesbian slut with an ugly face and a guy who couldn't stop thinking about his mom's tits.
>>
>>38862787
Fuck you weaboo. Yeah, mazza dota are the esssence/shadow of the person. Not sure how to translate since i speak chinese not nipyu

>>38862777
Kek, you got me good. That's just the author being lazy though.
>>
>>38861905
Wind Up Bird Chronicle is better than Hard Boiled Wonderland.
>>
bookbump
>>
Edouard Leve - Suicide [120 pages]
>Fictional letter written in second-person to a friend of the narrator who killed himself aged 25. The book explores the act of suicide, what it means, why the guy did it, etc.

Fritz Zorn - Mars [226 pages]
>Non-fiction memoir of a ~32-year-old friendless virgin who discovers that he is dying of cancer and rages against the world that formed him, against his own weaknesses and regrets, and against the fact that he will soon die.

Michel Houellebecq - Whatever [200 pages]
>A depressed IT worker travels around France with his 30-year-old virgin colleague on a work assignment. He discusses the extension of the economic struggle in a modern capitalist society into the domain of love and sex. The narrator detests life in general and the modern world in particular, including mass immigration, the sexual revolution, advanced technology and consumer culture.

Michel Houellebecq - H.P. Lovecraft: Against the World / Against Life [200 pages]
>Biography of H.P. Lovecraft, the American weird fiction writer. Unlike other biographies, this one focuses on Lovecraft's racism, his disgust towards life, and his inability to succeed in a cut-throat economy.

August Kubizek - The Young Hitler I Knew [272 pages]
>Non-fiction account of Adolf Hitler's life during his late teens as told by his only friend at the time. We learn that Adolf dropped out of school early following the death of his father, his shame at letting his mother down, his hatred of most people his own age, his obsession with a local girl, his attempt to become rich by playing the lottery, and his studiousness and ambitious nature. A great read.

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.