[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people live with knowing that physical attractiveness

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IU4HCtb.png (354KB, 415x623px)
IU4HCtb.png
354KB, 415x623px
How do people live with knowing that physical attractiveness factors into how much people want to date you?

It is a physical affliction (completely surface level, not even like being handicapped) that you have no control over

We live in an age where anything that could possibly be construed as prejudiced against someone because of their race or sex is regarded as abhorrent but nobody seems to give a fuck about completely disregarding dating someone because they're ugly if not going out of your way to just throw peanuts at them and make them feel bad because of it

That's it in premise, but how do people happily be in relationships knowing that they're there because of how they look?

How much does being attractive factor into why you're dating someone? 50%? 20%? How ugly would they have to be for you to not want to be in a relationship with them? Because if it factors in at all then there is a limit

Are you never going to meet the love of your life because you or they are ugly? How many people has this happened to? There's 7 billion other people on this Earth, how many other more attractive people willing to date you would there be if you went looking?

Have people ever thought of this? Do they just try really hard not to?

I didn't even want to post this thread because I'm so confident there's no kind of rebuttal to it and all it will accomplish is making people depressed.
>>
The solution for me was to start antidepressants which took the edge off the self-hatred and fear of dying a virgin so I could accept that my place socially will always be as just a friend and focus on my friendships and my work. I've finally convinced myself that the world won't end if I don't have sex and I can make it better without having to be in a relationship with someone.
>>
>>38860494
"dating" is a very modern concept, for most of human civilization there was no dating (aka fornication) every man was provided a wife by society
>>
I found abusing research chemicals made it very easy to forget I was an ugly mentally ill fuckup.

Now that I'm sober the answer to the question "how do I live" is "quite poorly"
>>
>>38860494
if its really that bad save up and get plastic surgery. you can cheat the system super easy
>>
>>38860494
Most people are really stupid and are driven purely by physical impulse.

They've never even considered what you are saying, and I doubt they'd b capable of doing so.
>>
I'll offer two things to your thesis.

1. We don't "live in an age" where this is the case. This has always been the case. Go read Shakespeare's sonnets. See how often he refers to his love's looks when talking about his affection. There isn't anything new or aberrant about people caring about how other people look.

2. Appearance isn't any different from any other innate quality. Your partner may value you for your looks. She also probably values your for your mind which isn't something you have any say over either. We aren't equal. Some of us are better than others. It isn't just in physical appearance that it's unfair. It is what it is. You just have to accept it because it's always been so and always will be.
>>
>>38860494
The person has to be so attractive that he or she turns me on, that means it isn't like having sex with a relative, random old schoolteacher or best friend since childhood who feels like a relative, but someone I can be attracted to. Other than that appearance doesn't matter any more. There are many guys who are objectively pretty but who are either plain or boring or have completely different interests than me.
>>
most people settle for someone "at their level". so yes ugly fucks get love too if they can accept themselves.
>>
>>38861740
What if the person you love is on a "different level"?
>>
I know I'm very ugly.
So I guess the solution is partonage to strip clubs, cuddling services and of course where legal prostitution. Good times.
You just gotta have money to make things work. It doesn't totally solve everything but, it's better then merely wallowing in self pity all the time. It also gives me a reason not to be fucking NEET.
>>
>>38860494
>Have people ever thought of this? Do they just try really hard not to?
Yes and yes, but not for the reasons you're implying.

People avoid thinking about this subject because they don't want their own achievements to be diminished. They like feeling like they deserve what they have because they Worked Hard (TM) for it and they don't want it to become some sort of "you have good genetics, whoop dee doo;".

Anyway, you're an idiot for focusing so hard on all of this. There is no such thing as "the love of your life" and even if we were going to assume that there was such a thing, "the love of your life" would have to be just as ugly as you are. I also find it ridiculous that you talk as if you deserve a 10/10 hot bb even though you're barely breaking 3/10, in what world is that fair?

Life is not about getting what you want, life is about getting the best you can. Forget what you can't achieve.
>>
>>38861826
>also find it ridiculous that you talk as if you deserve a 10/10 hot bb even though you're barely breaking 3/10, in what world is that fair?
A world where human beings don't judge eachother based on arbitrary physical attributes they have no control over

You said "this is the thing that's happening" as if that makes it a good idea and failed to ever explain why I'm supposed to be wrong. Congratulations for exemplifying exactly what I just highlighted in the least endearing way possible.

Go back to /soc/ you infantile neckbeard.
>>
>>38861886
But your appearance is part of yourself. It'll not stop being part of yourself, no matter what happens.

While you can claim that it's not fair for you to be fucked in the ass forever due to the circumstances of your birth, it'd also not be fair for someone else to be stuck with your ugly ass for their rest of their own lives.

Unfair for unfair, it's best that people get to have their choices.
>>
>>38861369
Dunning Kruger

>>38860494
Everyone knows this. It's literally grade school don't judge a book by it's cover. If you're at a bar how else are you supposed to filter people? For what other reason would you talk to that specific individual? Unless you advocate simply talking to everyone to see who you like best, but that isn't feasible time wise. Who do you choose and why? What else do you have to go on?

It's more complicated in a general life setting though. In that case, let's say a class or work or some shit. Would the best approach be to get to know everyone and see how you mesh? But even then, when do you actually know someone? And there are important details people can leave out until you've known them for years
>>
>>38860494
Say you have two options.
> Option A: Smart, nice, everything you want in a SO
> Option B: The exact same as A, but they're also good looking
Which one do you prefer? People always talk about these issues as if we're comparing the nicest bestest person in the world with the good looking jerk, but we're not. We're usually comparing a lot of very similar people (none of us are special), except they have varying degrees of good looking features. There's nothing wrong with it and we just have to accept that we're ugly and have to either drop our own standards to the ground or just die alone.
>>
>>38860494

it's kind of a moot point because even if you think through all that shit, you can't just decide to be attracted to people you're not attracted to, so you're stuck in the same situation anyway. there's no guarantees, especially in romance.
>>
File: boobee.jpg (64KB, 628x628px) Image search: [Google]
boobee.jpg
64KB, 628x628px
B O O B E E
O
O
B
E
E
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.