[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

college freshman dorms

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1501886799674.jpg (22KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
1501886799674.jpg
22KB, 350x338px
>be me
>college freshman
>that period of time right before christmas break where 2/3s of the floor is already gone and the only people left are those staying and those who are late to go back home
>next door neighbor (door 2 ft from mine) decides to have a chistmas party
>don't know this until it's literally happening, people from all over our small floor invited but not me
>tfw i can here everyone left on the floor having a great time in his room, drinking, laughing, and generally having a great time less than 10 feet from me but on the other side of a wall
>tfw im alone in my room, folding my laundry and hearing them all sing along to christmas carols and songs and enjoying life together
>the end

post similar college feels threads about friday/saturday night, parties, dorm floor stories, freshman year stories etc.
>>
>>38857819
if you go to college you are a normalfag
>>
>>38857926
said increasingly nervous man as uni. threads with 20+ replies are posted everyday on this board, besides gatekeeping on being a robot is for something as dumb as going to college is dumb af so gtfo
>>
>>38857926
No this is wrong, there are plenty of robots/spergs/autists in college.

Maybe your just too dumb, or poor for college.
>>
>Go to college
>Don't have any friends
>Feel nothing because I'm got used to it
>Hate parties anyway
El fin
>>
>>38858077
did you at least want to have a gf/hook up with any of the girls at your school?
>>
>>38857819
They probably didn't invite you because there was never a good opportunity to ask or something. I doubt it's because they don't like you unless you're a real shitlord.

Should have gone in with some weed or a 6 pack of beers and offered it around or something. This is the reason I often leave the door to my room open when I'm home if I'm free to hang out. You get to know people so easy.
>>
>>38858112
I'm looking for a long term relationship, so no one I know in college is a valid option.
>>
>>38858179
he had the chance to invite me, and i was never a shitlord, i think i was just so introverted they thought i was a freak. but yeah when i go back im not gonna let myself be in the same situation again, i didn't even have the courage to go in the common room by myself freshman year, ill try to do things differently when i go back
>>
>>38858222
there are lots of storied of college sweethearts (akin to high school sweethearts), there are definitely girls looking for/open to long term relationships at college, you just have to look for them
>>
>tfw adding an extra year on my college so I can try and have a better social life

6 years isn't too bad desu
>>
>>38858273
Never thought in starting as sweethearts, I have the confidence to just ask a girl out and if she refuse I move on (never actually do it, its my plan). I just have to figure out how to START A CONVERSATION.
>>
>>38858342
i wish i could do 4 years and that is was fun from the beginning but life isn't always perfect
>>
>>38858381
from what i gathered people just have group conversations in the common room (especially in the beginning of the year), then after you get to know everyone in these group settings if you're alone in the common room with a girl you met in said group setting you can strike up a conversation 1 on 1, that's the general sense i got at least. idk how you'd meet girls outside of the floor though or at a party since i only went to 1 small party of 15 or so people who already knew each other
>>
i dont really care about all the social shit in college

what im really shitting my pants over is my GPA and getting a job aftee this is all over, who else know this feel?
>>
>be me
>get drunk as shit
>come back to tiny dorm room
>drop something on floor
>rolls under asshole roomies bed
>hes not there
>its up against wall so hav to move his bed three inches
>moving his bed three inches pushes his desk and shelves two inches in ront of door dont realize though cause drunk
>pass out in my bed
>couple hours later he comes bursting through the door
>knocks his shelves off his desk smashing his speakers and bunch of other shit
>yell at him for waking me up
>next day i figure out what happened
>>
>>38857819
I posted this while it was happening.

Also is it weird for a guy going into his sophmore year to have no friends? I made literally no friends freshman year and spent the entire time by myself. I'm hoping I'll be able to become friends with others on my floor this year or maybe join a club or something. What are my chances?

Also is it worth taking on a job if I have too much time on my hands? Will I develop any kind of relationship with my coworkers or will we more or less just pretend we don't exist?
>>
File: zd0jw8rjkqcy.png (498KB, 1823x821px) Image search: [Google]
zd0jw8rjkqcy.png
498KB, 1823x821px
>>38859068
Meant to post this

original pls
>>
>>38858640
Well I nearly failed out of college my first year so yeah. I literally started to bald from all the stress it caused me.
>>
>>38858273
This. My parents met at a frat party. Also my cousin married his college gf.
>>
>>38859068
i was in a small friend group my freshman year but we never partied which sucked (and were the only group on the floor not to do so) i don't think it's that weird, just meet new people on your floor sophomore year and give things a shot, you are basically getting a retry. i went on leave after my freshman year and still am on it, but i had no intentions of staying friends with my group from freshman year, in fact when i go back im going to get a single and make friends with people on my floor
>>
>be me
>work very hard to transfer to prestigious university (top 20)
>get in a few months ago
>go to party hosted by local alumni club
>everyone (current students, people that went there in the 90s, and old guys) has a very loud and interesting conversation about this great school
>I don't have anything to contribute because I don't go there yet
>stand quietly in the corner for most of the party

This was a couple of nights ago. With the program I'm in, I'm on track to make a 70k/year starting salary. I thought that with the prestige of this school, and with the low odds of my transfer, I had /madeit/. When am I going to make it?
>>
File: buchanan.jpg (49KB, 594x555px) Image search: [Google]
buchanan.jpg
49KB, 594x555px
>>38859445
>thinks an ivy leaugue gurrantees anything anymore

Congratulations, you wasted your youth studying and you're paying 100k a year, just to move back in with your parents when its all over.
>>
File: large.png (136KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
136KB, 400x400px
>>38858240
>i didn't even have the courage to go in the common room
I don't want this feel, anon.
>>
>>38859594
I'm only taking 5000 a year in loans because I am mildly rich, and I have a lot of cash in my 529 account

So, I won't move back in with my parents, and I'm not worried about the financial aspect at all. If I was a cashlet, I would be smart enough to stay in the honors college at the large state school where I was going for free

I just really want to get over my social anxiety because I'm going to get fucked during interviews and "networking events," where Chad and Stacy go to follow each other on LinkedIn and tell each other about the best paying internships. I need therapy, a Marine Corps drill sergeant to tell me to stop being a little bitch, or something else to force me to be extroverted
>>
>>38859594
also, Pat Buchanan is a tool
originaliarino
>>
>>38860553
Fuck you little shit Pat Buchanan been the most redpilled man in washington for decades.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.