[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I work out?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 1436952691299.jpg (46KB, 379x417px) Image search: [Google]
1436952691299.jpg
46KB, 379x417px
How do I work out?
>>
>>38856805
Start with some bodyweight exercises. push ups, burpees, sit ups and weightless squats are a good all over workout. Do say 3 sets of 20 each, or whatever you can handle. Could be 5 of each if you really want. Build from there each day. Jump rope for ten minutes beforehand if you like, to loosen up and get you in the mood. That's a real basic boxers workout. It'll help you get a taste for endorphins.
>>
Dumbbells are good for simple exercise routines. They can help lots of areas in your upper body. Kind of like your bread and butter for upper body and arm growth. Buy a couple of them and look up different exercises you can do and make a routine out of it. It worked well enough for myself.

Your body weight is the perfect weight for your working out strain. So push ups are excellent. They cost nothing, they WILL be effective and they're easy. Go down with a straight back, nose close to the floor, push yourself up, repeat a set number of times. If you're just starting I would suggest doing 10 without stopping, working on something else and then doing another 10. Eventually you can build on that number. You do not want to overdo it and cause injury because then you cannot work out maybe for a month or more.
Cardio. Running is my favourite form or exercise because it gives my NEET ass a reason to get some sunlight. Get some running shoes, think of a place and just do it. Most importantly, find your pace. People get exhausted quickly and give in because they are running too fast and then slowing down and then running fast again. It shreds their lungs and teaches their body nothing.
Start at a slow pace, maybe do 10 minutes a day for a week. Next week add 10 more. See how your breathing reacts to a bit of extra speed after a month and hopefully you can take it.
They provide these breathing techniques that I tried but it just really hurt me and I could only run for 20 minutes trying it. However, I begun to breathe purely through ny nose instead and got my body used to it because it reacted strangely at first. Now I can currently run for 2 hours and still developing thanks to the nose breathing.
>>
>>38857308
I would like to commend this anon for the gargantuan effort he did on writing such a long well thought reply to an ephemeral thread that is faded to die
>>
>>38857366
If we can help other robots grow strong then we must try our best
>>
>>38856805
Watch all the videos on the starting strength channel and then do the program.
>>
>>38856805
You just lift heavy stuff lol.
>>
>>38856805
If the exercise you're doing looks fuckign gay then it's the wrong exercise
>>
>>38856805
Pick up a heavy thing and put it back down. repeat many times.
Make a habit of this.
Also keep your back straight
>>
>>38856805

I'll help you out because I'm nice and don't have anything better to do. I'll make it nice and simple.

First week
day 1: pull ups and deadlifts
day 2: push ups and squats
day 3: pull ups and deadlifts
day 4 : push ups and squats
day 5: rest
day 6: pull ups and deadlifts
day 7: rest

2nd week
Just switch around pull up and push ups.

Repeat first week.

Within these weeks do atleast 1 hour 30 mins, of high intensity heart pumping cardio, altogether (3 different days you can do 30 mins). You can literally pretend you have a jumping rope and imaginary skip whilst watching TV. You don't have to run, you don't have to cycle, swim or even leave your room.

Nutrition.

Eat your 5 a day. 5 portions of fruit and 5 portions of vegetables.
Eat lots of protein and drink lots of water.

There you go. You are now fit.
>>
File: 1423297673517.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1423297673517.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>38857308
>>38857796

Questions

1. Is rice ok to eat with canned fish like sardines or tuna? I eat this because its cheap anyway. What are other dirt cheap meal ideas.

2. I have incredibly bad posture. Will I need to address this before working out? Will it help fix posture? (Slouched back)

3. Will working out fix my panic attacks? (no meme)
>>
Just keep at it, OP. I've been going to the gym regularly since February, and I honestly feel so much better overall. Cut out soda and fast food, you can do one restaurant at a time if that's easier.

If you actually dedicate about an hour each day, you will legit feel 100x better in a few weeks.
>>
look at Youtube, you homo anime posting effeminate queer.

start with Omarlsuf. he's probably the most intelligent lifter and intelligence is important in the beginning.
>>
>>38858021
Black beans are good for cheap and save pretty easy when made in large portions. Oats, sweet potatoes, milk, and usually the large bags of chicken breast are pretty cheap. Myfitnesspal is a pretty good site for keeping track of macros. Investing in a cheap food scale is good too.
>>
>>38858021
>1. Is rice ok to eat with canned fish like sardines or tuna? I eat this because its cheap anyway. What are other dirt cheap meal ideas.

Of course it is you flaming retard, why would eating rice be bad for you?
Other cheap meals. Basically buy chicken breast. With this you can make a huge amount of meals like: fajitas, burritos, pasta, curries. This all depends on your cooking ability however. But the eating of the chicken by itself is cheap and good for you anyway. Eggs. You can buy shit tons of eggs for dirt cheap. Stock up on that shit. In terms of protein shakes the cheapest is pea protein but it tastes like absolute dog shiet and is impossible to drink by itself. So I have to factor in the cost of coco powder and banana that I blend into a smoothy. You can pay the extra and go for the convenience of whey protein flavors because they taste pretty damn good. In terms of vegatables and fruit, idk nigga just eat whatever fruit and veg you like. I had lettuce and peppers with my fajitas today and I like oranges, bananas and pineapples. You gotta eat dem beans my nigga. Obvs you can just eat baked beans and have that shit on toast with cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Make sure that bread be wholegrain.

2. I have incredibly bad posture. Will I need to address this before working out? Will it help fix posture? (Slouched back)
Working out will adress this.
If you're wodnering why you have bad posture it's not some bad habit you have formed but in actuality it has to do with muscular imbalence. You most likely have a strong chest and weak back which pushes your shoulder forwards. Make sure you work your real deltoids.

3. Will working out fix my panic attacks? (no meme)
Yes you will have more confidence in your ability to not give a fuck.
>>
>>38858153
I think Scooby is much better.
>>
>>38858288
Scooby ain't bad, I just never watched his shit because he became a meme on fit, so i can't suggest him. also, no one gives a fuck about vegan bodybuilding.
>>
>>38858021
Anon who likes to run

1. I would assume so. Rice is good for you and if you frequent fries with your meals it is a healthy, cheaper replacement. Rice practically goes with anything, its like the water of food right?
As for other meals I do not want to say much because I don't want to give wrong information and potentially make it harder on you. What I will recommend though is pasta. It is cheap, goes with tuna since we both like tuna, and I believe its good for muscle recuperation and stamina building. Maybe you should read up on it to make sure.

2. I'm sorry to hear this. It may make you more prone to injury I think since its good to keep a straight stance when exercising. My brother had a bad back from birth and as such had a bad posture. The doctor recommended he bought a gym ball to use instead of a chair to help with his back over the long-term. Its basically a beach ball that you can sit on.
I understand it isn't the best of help but I'm not entirely sure what to suggest. However, stretching is very important before running and other exercises, so make sure to do some nice stretches on your back. Hopefully over time this will build a better posture. Also, if you slouch then please stop doing it as it will ruin your posture even more. Start sitting as straight as you can.

3. Again I'm sorry to here this. I would definitely say so if you are anything like myself. Running is very therapeutic, nothing but music (if you want), breathing and the path. Its great.
Doing weights and such brings out your heat, your testosterone. You will begin to feel more worthy and strong. You will begin to be too strong for such panic attacks. You will feel more like a man.

I hope I have helped in any way and I hope you can start the road of improvement. I don't frequent this board but maybe one day you can post your healthier body and inspire us.
My battery is nearly dead, and I must now get some rest. Goodnight and good luck to you.
>>
>>38858320
What's wrong with being vegan? I'm not a vegan myself but still.
>>
>>38858365
Nothing. They just wont give up trying to convert others who don't give a fuck though, which is annoying.
>>
>>38857796
>squats and deads on consecutive days
These exercises both hit your posterior chain hard. Keep a rest day in between them.
>mixed body-weight and barbell exercises
If you're getting a barbell out for deads, you might as well use it to bench press as well since push-ups are terrible for progressing. Alternatively, if you want to keep it body-weight, do dips instead.
>fruit
Mostly sugar and water. Just no.

>>38858021
1. Rice and tuna is great. That's what most body builders live on. Just make sure to add vegetables. Other than that you got your chicken, eggs, potatoes and the almighty oats which are all fairly cheap.
The protein is your main target. Try to hit 1g per kg of bodyweight.
Carbs are filler, just use them to hit your energy needs after your protein is met.
Veg are for micro nutrients and stomach filling. Use them to make sure you're full after every meal.
2. Squats and Deads put a lot of strain on your spine and can seriously hurt you if you don't keep it straight. Make sure you keep it in mind when lifting and you can correct your posture while getting fit.
Hold your breath. (Exhale and breath after every rep, though)
Tighten your core (basically clench your abs)
Keep your shoulders back.
Look forward.
It's really hard to mess up your posture while doing these.
3. Probably, depends on the source of the panic attacks. It is very likely to at the very least help, if not fix them completely.
>>
>>38858451
>These exercises both hit your posterior chain hard
Fuck off idiot, that's a good thing. The rest days are there.
>do dips instead.
Agreed.
>Just no.
They have vitamins and fiber you retard. The sugar is natural and water is good for you.
>>
>>38856805
Use the Buff Dudes YT channel. They have a very reasonable program for beginners. You can find the .pdf easily.
>>
File: 1467485380495.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1467485380495.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>38857498
correct
>>38856805
Buy and read SS 3rd edition.
>>
Depends on your goal, preferences, and any injuries you may have.

I never got into the whole gym thing, I'm not big either, I know I would be bigger if I got into the whole gym thing and especially my legs, but just having a mat, a pull-up bar, and some dumbbells is great. Can watch or listen to whatever I want at the same time, can take a 10 minute break spontaneously, get to be north of a hungry skeleton even if I don't have any real appreciable body mass, good for health. I actually enjoy working out this way so I stick with it. If I had an unlimited budget I would construct a home gym though.

>>38858021
Sardines are good for you because of Omega 3s and the protein. Oily fish is good for you generally. Tuna is alright sparingly.

Posture issues are often solved by putting on muscle because when you have a significant amount of muscle, bad posture gets increasingly uncomfortable. I would be careful around injuries related to tight shoulders and hamstrings though and follow a stretching routine. You will naturally fuck up your knees, back, and shoulder if you are not limber.

Can't see how working out wouldn't help with panic attacks.
>>
>>38856805

Water only, dont trust anything 2 help u workout at all. Protein powders, anything. All ur body needs is pure water. Eat real actual food after like a human fucking bean.

Just do cardio to get the laziness out of your body for the first month and 2 aclimate 2 the exercise environment. Then you can advance to weightlifting and such.
>>
>>38858509
>hitting the same muscle group hard for 4 consecutive days.
No.
After using a muscle group as a primary mover, let it rest for ~24h.
>They have vitamins and fiber you retard.
Not even close to the amount in veg.
>The sugar is natural
>le natural meme
Sugar is shit. Whether natural or not.
Veg are better than fruit in every way imaginable, and also cheaper.
>>
By the way, if you want to do the whole gym thing, really /fit/ isn't that awful in terms of advice, but take them with a grain of salt because they deplore all forms of cardio and worship a steroid addled bodybuilder that died of a heartattack at 22 because he pulled in mad bitches brah!

I think one of the things they get right is recommended what rippletits does and recommending beginners do a small amount of compound whole body exercises and building up a base of strength.

The memes about bodybuilders all having body dysmorphia are all true.

This site is fairly useless, as in all of 4chan, if your goal is cardiovascular fitness. Literally nobody has a clue.
>>
>>38856805
Try this website. https://darebee.com/
Various premade workouts for various levels of fitness.
>>
>tfw terrified of hurting my back lifting
Have heard of a lot people getting bad injuries that fuck up their whole lives. Trying to do rows, dead lifts and military press all make my back sore.
That and I can't afford enough food to gain weight.
>>
>>38858713

God damn you for wasting my time

>hitting the same muscle group
Pullups work biceps and back
deadlifts work hamstring and lower back

Pushups work chest, shoulders and tris. Back squats will work your quads and glutes, with a bit of back.

You think athletes worry about training the same muscle groups 2 days in a row. Get the fuck outta here pls. If you do starting strength.

You can eat vegetables and fruit you fucking donkey dick.
>>
>>38858838
>If you do starting strength.
ignore that
>>
File: 1486619168296.png (1MB, 986x942px) Image search: [Google]
1486619168296.png
1MB, 986x942px
Is there any point in working out once you hit 25?

You won't be slaying and impressing pussy with your receding hairline and wrinkles.
>>
>>38858907
I still get mistaken for a 17 year old so I think I can still benefit personally.

I also love how people constantly forget that working out is good for you physically and psychologically.
>>
>>38858907
>You won't be slaying and impressing pussy with your receding hairline and wrinkles

Sorry about thoes genetics.
>>
>>38858838
>compound lifts are focused
Deads:
>Primary
Erector Spinae/Gluteus Maximus
>Synergists
Adductor Magnus
Quadriceps
Hamstrings (top half)
Soleus

Squats:
>Target
Quadriceps
>Synergists
Gluteus Maximus
Adductor Magnus
Soleus

They literally hit the same muscles with different emphasis.

>You think athletes worry about training the same muscle groups 2 days in a row
Yes. Strength athletes do.
>You can eat vegetables and fruit you fucking donkey dick.
Sure, but why would you when veg are better versions of fruits?
Only reason you should eat fruit is if you're indulging, not in your normal diet.
>>
>>38858973
Literally different primary muscles targeted. Fuck off you lazy retard. Don't push bro splits.

People literally do full body exercises everyday and make mad gains. You;re pissing me off. Just fuck off you retard.
>>
Don't listen to these faggots kid.
Just do some push up and pull ups and and go running. Dumbbell exercises if you have some or can get some cheap.
If you can handle do that for a 6 months regularly then think about getting a proper routine.
Going all out at the start is a sure fire way to fail.
>>
>>38858907
This is why I love canada and canadians. No matter what they never give up. This man was insane and abandoned by everyone he loved, but still he did not give up, because he was canadian at heart. An american would probably have died of obesity next to a mcdonalds or some shit, addicted to the cheap sugar like a dog. Meanwhile this man had the adventure of a lifetime
>>
File: explodingknees.jpg (53KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
explodingknees.jpg
53KB, 700x700px
>>38859074
>Go running
>>
>>38859029
>accusing me of pushing brosplits when I'm advising against brosplit
>compound lifts isolate their target
just... rtfs...
>>
>>38859170
DIFFERENT PRIMARY MUSCLES TARGETED
>>
>>38859252
Please learn the difference between a compound lift and an isolation lift.
>>
go to the onnit academy website
>>
>>38859278
Fuckin ell bro I'm not advocating he do squats 3 days in a row.

Next your gonna tell me he cant do barbell rows the day after doing bench press since they both work your shoulders.

Personally I think your just lazy and want more than 2 rest days.
>>
>>38859318
You're advocating putting heavy strain on the posterior chain 4 consecutive days. Doesn't fucking matter what exercise you use if you're engaging the same muscles.

Bench hits the anterior delts, rows hit the posterior delts. They're not the same muscles.
The only muscles they both hit are the pecs, and rows engage them so weakly that it doesn't really count.

I'm not lazy, I'm just not a dudebro who thinks that more time lifting == more progress.
An extra day of rest is more valuable than an extra day of lifting.
>>
>>38859516
Alright I fixed it

Week 1
Day 1: pushups and pullups
Day 2 : deadlifts and squats
Day 3 : pushups and pullups
Day 4 : deadlifts and squats
Day 5: rest
Day 6: pushups and pullups
Day 7: rest

According to you this should make all the difference.
>>
>>38859615
>basic upper/lower split
Yes, that's a reasonable split.
I'd still recommend just going with SS or SL, but there's nothing particularly wrong with that.
>>
>>38856805
>all the shitty advice ITT like calisthenics and dumbbells
Ignore them OP do SS+GOMAD
>>
>>38859615
Wtf

Just do ss or sl
>>
weak, skinnyfat hikkineet here
besides pushups, squats, and sit ups what are some things I can do at home
>>
>>38857263
>jump rope
Top dyel
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.