[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever considered joining a cult?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1497197698790.jpg (90KB, 907x529px) Image search: [Google]
1497197698790.jpg
90KB, 907x529px
Have you ever considered joining a cult?
>>
File: systemspace.png (1MB, 1336x714px) Image search: [Google]
systemspace.png
1MB, 1336x714px
I joined a cult earlier this year actually, it's pretty comfy.

pic related
>>
>joining
no
>starting
I'm not charismatic enough to have anybody follow me so it wouldn't pan out.
>>
File: 1501852028997.jpg (147KB, 1200x833px) Image search: [Google]
1501852028997.jpg
147KB, 1200x833px
>>38847519
No, I've considered starting one though. It could be like the Alt-right version of Jim Jones' SJW cult.
>>
nope. it's disgusting to think of some sociopathic manipulative asshole having control over me.

speaking of, what happened to that lain cult that was being advertised here? those who signed up were promised an afterlife. it seemed very sketchy.
>>
Sure I have, I wouldn't mind drinking the Kool-Aid if I could get a cultist gf. I just don't know where to find one and how to sign up
>>
File: STRIKE.png (388KB, 750x424px) Image search: [Google]
STRIKE.png
388KB, 750x424px
>>38847575
It was not sketchy at all and everyone is still perfectly sane and healthy.
>>
File: 1480277165495.jpg (84KB, 371x371px) Image search: [Google]
1480277165495.jpg
84KB, 371x371px
>>38847621
alright friendo
>>
>>38847519
Already frequent one:

>decentralized; no active leader to speak of, just a few dead/powerless martyrs and an ideology.
>no physical location; takes place on semi-anonymized internet communication
>belief of being part of an elite, with inherent superiority and insight into the world.
>has a comprehensive, contradictory mythos explaining why anything non-members say or do that opposes the cult is wrong. And why cult members aren't very successful in life
>actively promotes members to blame outside factors for their problems, cementing their position in the cult, and minimizing any chance for change.
>>
>>38847702
only some of the weak minded fall for that meme. not all robots think that way.
>>
>>38847702
>outside factors
>not immutable internal and immediate factors
>>
>>38847783
Enough do, case in point (>>38847798)
>>
>>38847820
that wasn't a case in point you knob jockey
>>
>>38847871
Sure it isn't. We'll take your word for it.
>>
>>38847915
The post didn't demonstrate what you were saying, in fact it disagreed with your assessment of the place. How is that a case in point?
>>
>>38847950
I'm agreeing with you man, you're 100% right and unquestionable. What more do you want?
>>
I would love to join a local cult so badly. I have nothing to live for anymore. If the cult was based on Carl Jung teachings I would be completely devoted.
>>
>>38847820
the post you are saying supports your point is saying the opposite thing. it says that we recognise there are some things that we can't change that have an effect on our lives
>>
>>38847975
To see your reasoning why you thought you were demonstrating a case.
>>
>>38847996
'Outside factors' is misleading. It's meant to convey cult members blaming factors outside their control, and it comes across as meaning factors outside themselves.
>>
>>38847519
/r9k/ is already practically a cult.
>>
File: nike decades.jpg (231KB, 1000x560px) Image search: [Google]
nike decades.jpg
231KB, 1000x560px
>kills themselves in Nike Decades
>now Nike wont sell them anymore
fuck these guys
>>
I'd join a white supremacist cult if they all weren't honeypots
>>
Cults have always scared me, I think I'm somewhat intelligent but I've never really had more than a few friends so I don't know how I'd react to slowly being coerced into something by dozens if not hundreds or thousands of people who try to seem like a family. I don't know what I'd do if brought into that kinda environment. The prospect of losing the way I usually am to a cult is pretty horrifying.
>>
>>38847574
Mass suicide via brainwashing and kool aid is Social Justice?

Wait that sounded different in my head, you may be right. Hm
>>
>>38847977
Why not just start researching and living the values yourself? You'll stumble across others with similar ideologies.
>>
>>38848129
Here's the scarier part. Cults are just a magnified ( albeit socially unacceptable) manifestation of the social conditioning nearly everyone is subject to. Unless you were born a hermit in a desert island, you've already been changed by those social mechanics; believing ideas that you don't even know aren't originally yours, making assumptions about things w/o thinking, etc.
>>
>>38848171
No but his cult was inspired by communism and he was an avowed Maoist. It's also why he targeted mainly Blacks and other commies/ SJWs.
>>
>>38847548
Is this the Lain fan club thing?
>>
>>38848366
I was being whimsical anon but i enjoy the insight and will watch a documentary on it later, thanks.
>>
>>38848928
It was literally the church of tumblr anon
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.